“Very Pleasant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Plaza Marrakech Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Palm Plaza Marrakech Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Palm Plaza Marrakech Hotel & Spa
5.0 of 5 Spa   |   Avenue du 7ieme Art | Zone Touristique Agdal, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #316 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
“Very Pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Have to disagree with my fellow Brit in the previous review. We booked a last minute get away for some relaxation and sun in an off peak time and that's exactly what we got.

Firstly, I will say that the service could do with speeding up a little. But it's certainly relaxed.

Other than that I think the Palm Plaza and it's staff deserve some praise. The pool was absolutely immaculate during our stay and an impressive size. There was a gentleman readily available to provide us with towells, umbrellas and tennis racquets for the free court.

The fitness classes were fun and suitable for all levels and the gym was well equipped.

Food was very tasty and good value. The breakfasts covered many tastes from cereal to local dishes.

The reception staff were very helpful. They corrected any small mistakes very quickly, booked us reservations at local riads and generally served as a good source of information.

Marrakech is a lovely place to visit. Embrace the culture. The locals appreciate tourist trade and obviously want to make a living but we didn't experience anyone over stepping the mark and found the locals a very nice people.

Finally, we hope the hotel's fitness instructor and Zumba expert has a lovely wedding!

• Stayed October 2014
Direction G, Responsable relations clients at Palm Plaza Marrakech Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Oscarsay,

It was a pleasure to read your review, thank you for such a lovely feedback !

We are so happy we made it right for you and you had such a lovely stay with us. Thank you for feedback about our staff and our food quality, I will pass your comment to the relevant department.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience with us on the Tripadvisor !

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again at Palm Plaza Marrakech in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've stayed at the Palm Plaza for 7 nights and it was one of my, if not the worst hotel experiences I've ever had.

First I'll start with the few positive aspects:

- there's a shopping mall near the hotel with several restaurants, stores and a Carrefour hypermarket
- the two finest nightclubs of Marrakech - 555 Club and Pacha - can be reached within a few minutes
- the area, where the hotel is situated, is pretty quiet, just in case you're suffering from sleep disturbance
- the room service does a decent job; I never had a reason to complain about hotel room cleanliness
- the doormen are nice guys

But from here, I have to start with the negative aspects and I really have to take care of myself in order to avoid a rage attack:

- the hotel is too far off the center of Marrakech, the so-called Medina where the heart of the city beats. Since the Marrakech drivers are notorious for being criminals who generally turn off the taximeter to negotiate totally disproportionate prices in order to rob their customers, you have to rely on the shuttle service provided by the hotel. But this so-called service is a joke: it seemed to me that the chauffeurs hid from the guests and that they reluctantly did their job. Like this, I got to the conclusion that the hotel is collaborating with the aforementioned taxi driver bandits in order to avoid costs caused by the transfer service. And what pissed me off the most was the fact that the chauffeurs refused to pick you up in the Medina after 9:00 pm. That's totally inacceptable since life in the Medina just starts by this time of day. They should stop being lazy like this

- the wifi doesn't deserve its name. It simply doesn't work properly. Once you get connected, it only lasts for a few moments before you're getting disconnected again. Communicating via Facetime or Skype is simply impossible under these circumstances. When I confronted the hotel staff with this issue, they started to lie and blamed it on my smartphone. On the same day I went to a Starbucks and there it worked perfectly well

- The hotel pool is a shame: it's dirty and the sun loungers always look messed up. There's an indoor pool, but I was very surprised when they tried to charge me 100 Dh to use it. I've been to cities on four continents and I've had rooms in many different hotels, but I've never seen this before

- At the beginning of my hotel stay I saw the breakfast as one of the few upsides. But this quickly changed when I got diarrhea. Initially, I thought I contracted it by accident when I had eaten something at the mall the evening before. But after some self-restriction, I had breakfast in the hotel and a few hours later I re-painted the toilet again. A sure sign of hygienic problems, that's why I started to have breakfast at the mall

- the hotel staff brims with incompetence and arrogance - except for the doormen, the security and the chambermaids. When you're looking for help, you're being sent from one staff member to another, because everyone's being so busy with looking "important" that they don't want to take the least responsability. I had a massive problem with my airline and since the wifi was out of work again, I asked them for permission to use one of their computers, but they refused cold-heartedly to help me, which cost me a lot of nerves, time and money

CONCLUSION:
Will I ever book a room again at the Palm Plaza ? Definitely not. I advise everyone against booking a hotel room there. I hope the hotel owners will one day have to file for bankruptcy - new owners and a new staff could pave the way for a brighter future:

Room Tip: Look for a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Dear Rock S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We really do appreciate all guest feedback as it is a good way to improve our service.
We are sorry to hear that there were several elements with which you were not completely satisfied and for this I would like to extend our apologies as this is not the usual level or standards that we aim to achieve.
We have reviewed every point with our staff and will make the necessary changes to improve the overall guest experience.
We hope that in the near future you will allow us another opportunity to accommodate you at Palm Plaza.

Yours sincerely,
Guadiaro, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

In a "new" development area without culture or atmosphere. Rooms large but dull and unappealing. Staff not friendly nor particularly efficient. Spa section dull and no publication of facilities at all. A case of you have to ask to find out anything from location to facilities. Directly underneath the flight path for leaving jets and whilst this did not interfere within the hotel building, it did affect the outside peace when near the pool and gardens. Bathroom fittings in poor state as were parts of walls both inside and outside building. Food buffet at dinner and breakfast was good.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Pavakeal,

We appreciate you have taking the time to share your comments about your experience with us. I can assure you that both positive and negative feedback is highly appreciated, as it shows us where we need to improve.

Please let me apologise for the incovenience you experienced with the staff, this is certainly not reflective of our usual standards. At the same time, I am very glad to read that you had a good gastronomic experience at our hotel.
I truly hope we will have the chance to welcome you back for your next stay to renew your trust in us.

Regards,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel and pool had everything required for the few days in which we stayed.
The hotel was clean and very comfortable although I would rate this hotel a very good three star and not a five.
We were half board and found breakfast and dinner very adequate. We did however end up paying 450 do approx £40 when we opted to have lunch in the hotel which was just extortionate rates.

We tried the Spa and choose a deal which included a spa, scrub and massage for 450 d and we're not very pleased. The woman who did the scrub looked extremely bored and was not very friendly and we both agreed that the massage was nothing more that being covered with oil and body rubbed. We also did not get the 30 min in which was promised.

On the whole I would recommend this hotel. It was in a lovely location just outside of the city and was a great place to stay for a city break. I would definitely return.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Vicky P,

Following your recent stay here at Palm Plaza Marrakech, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to post your comment.
We are happy you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our hotel and pool. It is our philosophy to ensure that we provide our guests with the highest standards of product and service at all times. I am really sorry for the inconvenience with regards to the Spa, please accept my sincere apologies. I have passed your comment to our Spa Manager to avoid such a situations in the future.

Once again I apologise on behalf of the team in relation to the inconvenience you had experienced, and we hope to welcome you back to thePalm Plaza Marrakech.

Stroud, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a stunning hotel in the outskirts of Marrakech, though they provide transport into the middle.. Our room was lovely - it is very much recommended to get a room with a view of the pool and gardens. It was all very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Also the people on Reception were very helpful. The food was great, very lavish, but somewhat samey! However, we were there during Eidh and it was PACKED, and at times we felt a little sidelined - don't go during a festival. Also a sheep was sacrificed in a corner of the garden - a bit challenging for people not used to all that!

Room Tip: Definitely worth having a room with a view of the garden
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Palm_Plaza_H0tel, Responsable commercial at Palm Plaza Marrakech Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Palm Plaza Hotel and Spa on your visit to Marrakech.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We also thank you for the positive review of our hotel.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Marrakech.

Sincerely
dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

This is a perfect place to stay to escape the madness of the Medina,Shuttle bus service is excellent, pool was perfection, very clean,towels provided and very helpful staff in the pool bar.
We stayed half board and for someone who is not a great meat eater I had a huge choice of fruit, veg and salad, it might not be gourmet, but it all seem fresh, chef cooking eggs anyway you want them and fantastic puddings every night. the corridors and some of the decor might be a little tired...but this is Marrakech, some things work, some don't. air con was a blessing and the beds are firm....would I stop here again....Yes most definitely

Room Tip: Go for a pool view
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Palm_Plaza_H0tel, Responsable commercial at Palm Plaza Marrakech Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Palm Plaza Hotel and Spa on your visit to Marrakech.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Marrakech.

Sincerely
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Hi,

I have tried to email this hotel a few times but no responce and their website is not in English.

We are staying at your hotel between the 3rd Sept to 10th Sept.

Can somepone please confirm does your hotel offer:

•Free wifi?
•All inclcusive? We currently have hald board and want to upgrade?
•Iron in the rooms?
•hair dryers in the room?
•your electric socket is it a 2 pin or 3 pin plug?
•Can we exchange currency at your hotel? if yes is there a charge for this?

Rashida

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Palm Plaza Marrakech Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!