We booked ourself in via booking.com for our last night in Morrocco as a treat, but we were very dissapointed to the extent it spoilt the last day and night of our holiday. We waited for about 45minutes to get to the check in desk to be told they had no record of our booking. We were told to sit down while they sorted it. 30mins later I asked what was happening, they hadn't found it, but hadn't bothered coming to tell us! We had arrived from a long journey from Essouria and you are not allowed to bring in your own food or drink here so we were getting a bit thirsty.
The wifi only worked on the opposite side of the lobby to the reception so that I could get the details of our booking to show the reception staff (via iphone), they asked me to email it across to them. This is almost impossible when the wifi cuts out every two seconds. I asked if I could get the details of thier computer since this is where they would be reading it anyway, "no" was the answer as the staff are working.... so eventually, email sent and read, the staff tell me that the phrase relating to requests such as "no smoking or sea view" - "can be requested but not always honored" meant "you have paid for a room but you may not get one"! Absurd!!!
About 2.5 hours after we arrived, a slight raise of my voice, voila, our room has been found!! No apology.
After this a row broke out between the concierge and some other guests. The concierge started to take us to our room, and then had a further argument almost coming to blows with the other guests! It literally was like a scene from Eastenders, but in French.
Ariive at our room, it overlooked a building site (granted it was not being worked on), missing tiles in the bathroom, sliding door broken and birds nest in the balcony. Not great for a 5 star, but not awful I suppose.
Breakfast was fine - mixture of hot and cold foods, but lots of sweet food rather than savoury. Nice juice and mint tea.
Pool area nice, very green surroundings, although really busy when we visited, so no loungers but we sat under the trees.
There is a shopping complex down the road, but you cannot bring any food or drink back to the hotel, even water, as you have to buy it there.
Other than that, its a short taxi ride into Marrakech to the souks. The hotel runs a bus also but it stops about 8 or 9pm.
Check out was easier, but the same reception guy was still questioning our booking, only to be told by another girl that it was fine and showed him the paperwork.
Would I stay again?? Not if that idiot on reception is still there, if I want to wait in reception for half of my holiday, if I want to witness verbal aggression and potential violence from the staff!
Palm Plaza spoilt our last day in lovely Morocco, I really wish we had gone back to the lovely Riad we stayed in before, where despite a language barrier, we were made to feel so welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury resort is located in Agdal, a new residential district in Marrakech. Palm Plaza offers free Wi-Fi and free shuttles to the city. Palm Plaza Hotel features comfortable rooms and suites. Some feature a terrace. Savour exotic dishes in the hotel's restaurant. Have a snack in the pool bar. In the evening, have a quiet time in the piano bar or an exciting night in the night club. The spa features a heated play pool (for children from 14 years), a sauna, a hammam and a gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Palm Plaza Marrakech Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Plaza Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- Palm Plaza Marrakech Hotel And Spa
- Palm Plaza Hotel Marrakech