“Pros and Cons of Staying at Palm Plaza” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Plaza Marrakech Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Palm Plaza Marrakech Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Palm Plaza Marrakech Hotel & Spa
5.0 of 5 Spa   |   Avenue du 7me Art. | Zone Touristique Agdal, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #338 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Pros and Cons of Staying at Palm Plaza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

The front desk service was not good; staff took too long to check us in. The clerk was chit-chatting with another staff member as though we weren't there!
The food was just average. I think they should include breakfast in the cost of the room as other local hotels do but even if they had, the food was just average.
I also found the staff obnoxious; the server in one of the restaurants made us wait over 45 minutes for our check after we asked her several times to bring it! When she finally brought the bill, she took my cash, returned with the change and gave it to my friend instead of me...she got no tip.
The rooms were nicely appointed with lots of space. The beds were comfortable, clean, and large.
The best feature in the hotel is the pool! The rose garden that surrounds it is beautiful and the pool itself is large, clean, and a sight for sore eyes. It was nice to veg out around the pool, people-watch, and relax.
Rooms overlooking the pool must be for those who pay more. Our view was of construction.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the pool and not the street.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

236 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Monte Di Procida, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed at the Palm Plaza because they offered a great deal on the internet. It was a SPA 5 day special, but the use of the spa was only the Hamman (which didn't include massage) and the hot pool (an indoor pool) They are obviously a new hotel (5 stars apparently) and are still settling in. Not all of the restaurants were open and the staff seemed confused at times. The facilities are beautiful, the fitness center, spa and swimming pool were very well kept and modern. The room was kept clean and the breakfast was great. We never tried the other restaurants. It is a few kilometres from the Medina but has a shuttle. It is situated beside a North American type shopping mall and cinema with French movies. This was a needed change from the chaotic but charming Medina. It has potential - it is located in a still developing area. We also had a very large terrace with furniture overlooking the pool.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify that a double room means one bed otherwise you get two separate beds.
Sandefjord, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

This is not a 5* hotel dispite having both a beautiful swimming pool and a decent SPA (we did not have time to use any of these facilities). The hotel was rather busy with many groups for the weekend, normally these days hotels in Marrakech are not full. The food is not something to rave about, the breakfast buffet rather spartan and not very varied.Too many sweet things and not enough savories.
Like in many hotels in Morocco they now provide free wifi. But it is notoriously slow and not very powerful. The location of the hotel is about five km south of the train station and you will have to organise transport if you don't have your own car. They do have a shuttle service to the centre but we did not use that. Adequate parking space if you bring your own car.
The room layout was fine with a small balcony overlooking the pool area. You should actually make sure you have a room facing the pool.
The official prices are fantasy prices and you need to do the booking through a booking service. A decent room can be had for about £70, breakfast included and at that price you get fair value for money.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
cyndie m, Guest Relations Manager at Palm Plaza Marrakech Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Dear Client,

Your point of you is very important to us.

So we are happy to reply on your concerns.

We are apologized the restaurant wasn’t a very good experience for you and we forwarded the information to our f&b manager.

Eventhough our hotel is 10 minutes away from the city it is for that reaon people stay with us, It’s calm and we have a free shuttle service on request.

About official rates, they are mandatory Rack Rates displayed at the reception like in all hotels. You can do your booking directly at the reservation or through a booking service, prices move upon avaibilities.

However I thank you for your comments and be assured that all your comments are important to us in order to be much more in line with our Clients expectations and needs.

Best personal regards

Loughborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

A good hotel, but more than half empty. Our room overlooked a building site, but there was no activity so no noise. A splendid swimming pool. If possible book a room overlooking the pool. The restaurant was a good standard for Morocco, but not haute cuisine. Although modern, the hotel lacked character because it was so empty. Must have been losing money. Some way out of town so transport necessary, but probably quieter because of location. Wi fi signal poor or non existent in bedrooms

Room Tip: Book a room overlooking the pool.
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your comments regarding your stay at Palm Plaza Hotel.

Your comments will help us to improve our quality of service and please be ensured that appropriate actions will take place to improve our service quality through training and communication.

The Agdal Area is new area, undergoing development with new facilities (shopping mall, night clubs,...)

Hoping to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in our hotel in order to show all our improvements.

With best regards

Guest Relations
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Excellent hotel and staff.
Just returned from a 2 night break booked through Easyjet. We were concerned re: some of the comments made. We had no problems. The hotel is very clean, the pool amaxing and the staff only to willing to help, vey proffesional and polite. We took advantage of the free shuttle service into town which was great and we also booked the hotel transfers to and from the airport, reasonably priced at under £10. You can probably get a taxi cheaper but having been to Marrakech before and been overcharged it is not worth the hassle. The area is undergoing development but once inside the hotel it is lovely and quiet and peaceful.There is a shopping mall just 5 mins walk which is excellent for people who do not like to barter or the constant hassle in the main square. Hope to return would reccommed

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear client,

I’d like to thank you for posting your comment on Tripadvisor. We are so happy to know how much you have appreciated the hotel service and stuff’s attention.

All your notes will be an added value to improve our services in order to satisfy all your expectations and let them come true during your next trip to Hotel Palm Plaza.

Best Regards from sunny Marrakech!
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Let me say that my husband and i believe this hotel to be excellent value for what we paid about £50 a night, the bedroom was brilliant, the bathroom facilities also excellent, the cleanliness of the room was extremely high, the pool area was lovely too.
The staff were polite and tried hard to smile and be pleasant but they are not fluent in English only French. The worst experience was the food, the breakfast was the best meal as there was an omlette station, fresh pastries (no change over 4 days though always the same) eggs, sausages and cereals, the coffee machine was excellent but although hot water was available there is no teabags of any kind! the shock to me though is that the staff are also eating out of the same display? they fetch drinks and pastries to take to the kitchen - this is unacceptable, not only waiters but the restaurant manager too! very unprofessional and not 5* activity and if there is a problem with the soup or coffee they sample it?!?! I have never seen this before
We used the lunch menu at the pool and it was adequate but not for a long stay - no variety apart from the whim of the chef to make it up as they go along I had Cesar salad three times and each was different and could not be called a Cesar salad as it was not the right ingredients.
For dinner we twice used the only restaurant open, they talk of 5 ? but only the regular restaurant where you eat breakfast is open and is set out the same for the evening dinner, it is was pretty dire, the first night we got by just finding bits to eat and only went the second night as we did not wish to travel to town, at £20 a head it is very overpriced, I could hardly find anything to eat from the starters as they are all vegetable based such as cauliflower with pickle or beetroot with cabbage or peas carrots and sweetcorn, they supplied marie sauce but there was no salmon or prawns or any kind of meat/fish other than slices of processed meat - really poor, the main dishes were bow pasta with a tomato sauce, buttered chicken, small potatoes, a carrot medley, a local dish with bones in and a type of beef dish comprising of a tomato sauce with silver skin picked onions in!! not shallots but jar onions, when this ran out they replaced the beef with breakfast sausages!! We complained to the manager that it was poor but he thought his selection was wonderful, I had to stop him and point out we have travelled internationally and it was not to any standard of 5* I knew - I did not want to offend him further but it may have been special by Morrocan standards but not by Western, it was unacceptable and we requested that we pay only for one meal, which we did, my husband was not bothered for dessert as they were the same as the night before, creme caramel (made with too much egg) and small pastries/cakes, no cream or ice cream.
The staff do not seeem to know to take plates away from tables, they leave them piled even when you move them to another table, one morning I actually cleared the table myself and they did not understand what I was doing, tables remained full of dirty crockery for up to 15 minutes I observed whilst the staff laughed and joked with each other, the staff get on too well and have too much to say to each other when they should be working, guests needs are pretty much ignored as they do not look around, they are not attentive enough or with details such as salt and pepper on each table or remove extra cutlery sets from the table when people sit down, they are clueless to this?!?
On the hotel reception were two really lovely guys, one with a great sense of humour which I liked, he really tried and I hope he goes far (as was common, most of them had no badges for me to fully praise him by name) the customer relations woman was never there and I was so shocked to see her on my last night after dinner at her desk but sadly I had no time to start a conversation that time of night.
To sum up if they could train their staff better and pay for proper chefs and proper quality ingredients it would be an amazing hotel, but then maybe it would not be the price I paid!! but if it is supposed to be £300 a night it would not be worth it at half the price, they must improve to get repeat custom as sadly we will not return.
One last note I had been in dialogue with Zineb at the hotel and alluded to it being a celebratory birthday and to try for a pool view room, when I got there, the reception staff had no idea and I was given a room on the road...not too bad but left me feeling pretty unspecial especially when I found out most them were given to French students visiting whilst on a Rally... wasn't a warm start to my stay and it would not have taken much to arrange to be make me feel really happy.

Room Tip: The pool rooms are nice but there is great road ones too and not much noise, nothing that disturbed...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Palm Plaza Marrakech Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!