“Fantastic place to eat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 525 restaurants in Marrakech
Hove, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We recently wnet to Marrakech for a long weekend and were looking (at short notice) for a proper Moroccan place to eat and somewhere a little special. Found this on Trip Advisor and called them to see if available that same evening. They were. They ask you to order before hand so that the food is all prepared for you.

It was a little difficult getting here as the Taxi driver wasn't sure where to go and called the restaurant himself to find directions but once we arrived the manager of the Raid came out personally to meet us and lead us to the place. Its true what they say.. on the outside the Moroccans don't show wealth on their buildings and the raid didn't look that inviting down a tiny backstreet but once inside I was blown away. It was beautiful. We were even given a tour of the raid and I really wanted to stay there.(they had photos of quite a few celebrities that had
We were lead to a small and intimate room with 6 tables in all covered in rose petals, with beautiful relaxing music playing. The staff there were amazing very attentive when we needed them to be but didn't crowd us or keep coming up to the table to ask if we were ok which can sometimes be annoying. The food was beautiful and served on beautiful plates. Be warned though pace your self there is a lot to eat.

I recommend this place to anyone wanting something truely Moroccan and very special. I can't praise it enough

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
  • Greek first
Essex
“Absolutely fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Riad was absolutely beautiful inside and the staff so welcoming. The restaurant was tastefully decorated and set out so nicely. The food was superb and each course complimented the next. We went for my husband's birthday and the Riad made him a special birthday cake which was not expected. We had an absolutely wonderful time.

Hampshire
“Intimate and special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We ate at the Riad on our first night in Marrakech - it was a pretty cold and rainy evening so it was lovely to be shown into a small, cosy and intimate room with a roaring fire. We were residents so may have had a slightly different menu to other diners, but we had a delicious selection of starters, followed by a tagine and a lovely crispy "pastila" dessert. Great service, cosy ambience and a special Riad.

Berlin, Germany
“So tasty and cosy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We ate every evening there. It always was tasty and very special. I normally never eat in the hotel where I stay but I felt this is the best you can get in the Medina. We loved the privacy at the fireplace.

Paris, France
“very disappointed !!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The restaurant asked me to choose in the morning between tajine chicken lemon & olives or tajine lamb with apricot/prune or tajine fish & vegetables that means ONE SINGLE course menu ! (no opportunity to taste a couscous for instance or any other maroccan specialities)
We got 5 different plates : a soup (good) , a pastilla (too dry), the main plate (chicken : very disappointing because the meat was very dry, too little sauce and no couscous served with), 6 vegetables accommodations (not very interesting taste) and a dessert "brick with cream" (no big deal)
I must confess that my 2 daughters tasted the lamb and it was good even if my remarks concerning the sauce and the absence of couscous are still worth
So I would say that for the price we paid (50 Euros each) I will definitely not recommend this restaurant.
Nevertheless, the Riad is gorgeous, the dinning room is very nice with a fireplace, the service is professional. The owner's son welcomed us showing us the nice pictures of Bill Gates and Brad Pitt who visited the Riad but he disappeared then and did not come back. The owner joined us at the end of the dinner and was very charming.

• Visited December 2012