“So Good!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 534 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cebu Island, Philippines
“So Good!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I will never forget my experience in this restaurant. I really love foreign food, something extraordinary from the usual food I eat. Everything I ordered tastes great! I love the place too, very relaxing. Best place for couples or those who need a romantic getaway. It's kinda expensive but it's all worth it!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
  • Greek first
Helsinki, Finland
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

here we had our best dinner in Marrakech, excellent food and extremely courteous service - sitting by fireplace

Visited November 2012
“Wonderful location and service with average food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I was there with my fiance' in october, the last night before leaving Marrakech. The riad is wonderful and the service exceptional although the menu is fixed (you can only choose among 3 main courses) and you do not see the price until you get the bill! 900 dirhams (83 eur) without wine then the average cost stated is not real. Starters were very good and with an incredible variatywhile the main course, tajine with chicken and lemon was just ok (I had already got the same the night before in my riad and thaaat was exceptional!). Dessert was not great either.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
london, england
“Very intimate dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We dined in the restaurant at Riad Kniza whilst staying in the Riad. Our first dinner there was the set menu of Moroccan food which was very tasty, nicely served. Our second meal we kept simple. Just soup followed by monkfish tagine. It was my husband's birthday so they very kindly presented him with a stunning chocolate torte. The dining room is lovely, very intimate and few tables. The service was attentive and respectfully friendly. Couldn't fault it. My review of the Riad as a hotel is separate.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Windermere, UK
“A very poor, but expensive experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Based on the good reviews on TA, we decided to try this restaurant. It is located in a riad in the old medina where the taxi can’t arrive and it not easy at all to find it. It was raining...nobody around to ask for directions and I assure you that to arrive finally at the restaurant in the maze of little streets badly lit has been a quite unpleasant adventure.
The quality of the Moroccan food served was much lower than average.
The pastilla chosen by my friend, that is supposed to be a pigeon pastilla as per the traditional Moroccan recipe, was instead chicken and my chicken tagine a real disaster: This despite the fact that at the moment of the reservation the restaurant wanted to know our choice of the main courses “...because our traditional dishes take hours to be cooked”, I was told!. The riad it is very nice and the service not too bad, but this is not at all enough to justify the visit and the rather expensive bill.
A very poor, but expensive experience!!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kamal_bouskri, General Manager at Riad Kniza Restaurant, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear TripAdvisor readers,

While we are always open to constructive critics as we continue to strive to improve the quality of experience we offer our guests, we believe this review to be unfair, if not simply a mistake:

First, this review is totally not consistent with how our other more credible reviewers on TA describe their experience at Riad Kniza. By "more credible" I mean users who have not just created an account to recently to post their review about us, but travelers who have been TripAdvisor members for years and have posted dozens of contributions. If our property was just half as bad as this reviewer claims we would never have received the endorsement of so many reviewers and achieved our current ranking, and we would never have been able to count among our clients celebrities such as: Bill Gates, David Rockefeller Jr., Brad Pit, Garry Kasparov … This review just does not make any cense.

Also once has only to look at map of Marrakech to see how Riad Kniza is among the best located restaurants in the Medina of Marrakech.

Another fact that discredits this review is that the reviewer claims to have ordered a pigeon pastilla. This is simply not possible as we do not have it anywhere on our menu and we never propose it. Please check our menu online to see for yourself (riadkniza.com/restaurant-menu.php).

We also cater for only a maximum of 8 tables per day and we would have certainly remembered such recent unhappy customers and we would have made sure they left our property with a smile. However no such complaints by any of our guests have been made, and certainly not during the past 2 weeks.

Kamal Bouskri