“Very disappointing!” 1 of 5 stars

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Admittedly, we had walked for quite a while the other day when we eventually decided to eat atBeyrouth - but despite that fact and that we had worked up an appetite - neither of us ate more than half our food. It was rather bland and overcooked. We had seen the retaurant mentioned in a few books, but honestlyit was the worst meal we had in Marrakech and it was also our most expensive by quite a way.

If you are in Marrakech for a couple of weeks, maybe go there for something a wee bit different. But if not, give Beyrouth a miss!

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

London
“Its a Lebanese restaurant!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I used this place twice in early November, as I was staying locally. Its quite pleasant , with an amazing ceiling of Beldi hand painting. It was just after Eid, so quiet after the big celebrations and they had run out of a few things - like tahini sauce and aubergines- I did tease them about this - it is a Lebanese restaurant, after all!
I had a good selection of dishes from thier Lebanese menu - tabbouleh, some stuffed lamb croquettes and a couple of othere mezzes, nice range of salads. It is licensed, which is helpful , the wine is not cheap - especially when compared to Victoria Wine Shop just around the corner, but much the same mark up as the UK.
I find it a good , local and comfortable place to eat when travelling on my own. I had a friendly service with no hassle - not a common experience in Mkech!
Went back the next night with a friend , as this was the only place we could find that sold both pizza and beer - and we just wanted a quick snack. Pizza was fine - tune and olives and washed down with a few local " flags". Good service, reasonable price - a useful place

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Barrowford, United Kingdom
“Worst meal we had in Marrakech, you're better off at McDonalds”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Early on in our holiday, before we had really gotten to grips with Marrakech, we visited this restaurant. We had intended to visit a different restaurant that evening but when we left our hotel it was raining and we couldn't find a taxi so ducked in here as it was next to our hotel.

When we got inside the place was empty. Despite having the place to ourselves the food wasn't exactly rushed out to us. The waiter who served us was very pleasant but he was the only person in the place I can say that about. Shortly after we sat down some random doorman came and sat inside the door and spent most of the time we were there staring at us.

I decided to have some chicken samosa's for a starter and have to say they weren't very good. The quality of the meat stuffing was very poor and the flavour of the samosa was at best bland but in some cases quite bad.

Whilst we were waiting for our mains to arrive something upstairs "kicked off" which prompted the arrival of several people from the back of the restaurant and the dodgy guy sat at the door staring at us to rush upstairs to deal with the commotion. After several minutes of shouting and banging normal service resumed without an explanation or apology.

The mains turned up and, having been looking forward to an authentic Moroccan tagine, I was extremely disappointed. I was served three chunks of beef and three prunes in a dish. The beef was more fat than meat and the whole dish had less flavour than the napkin on my knee.

My girlfriend ordered a four cheese pizza. Can't really go wrong with that. Turns out this place can! The pizza was extremely salty?! And the four cheeses were indistinguishable from each other. Didn't know you could really get bland cheese but this place found four of them and put them on one pizza!

This may seem like a scathing review but I can assure you this is quite reserved compared to how it was! By far the most disappointing part of our holiday! If you're thinking of going here I would strongly suggest you give it a miss and really do mean you would be better off in the McDonalds down the road!

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Service extremely slow”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I visited this restaurant twice. The first time I went by myself for lunch. There were only three other people in the restaurant -but it still took half an hour for the food to arrive and the mains came before the starter. The food itself was OK when it did finally reach the table.
A few days later, the group of people I was with decided to visit the restaurant for dinner. I came along hoping that my earlier experience was just a 'one off' unlucky experience. It wasn't. Exactly the same thing happened. We had to wait 40 minutes before any food arrived and for two of the party of seven -the starters arrived after the main course.When reminded of this one member of staff became quite aggressive.
It's a shame as the food itself is perfectly good -but they need better organisation. I cannot recommend this restaurant

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Licensed restaurant giving excellent value Lebanese Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

the food was outstanding and unusual--Mezze was a great mixed dish to share, suitable for vegetarians. The wine was affordable in comparison. The staff were very friendly and helpful and invited us to join to watch the football upstairs with the locals. we had a lovely evening.

Visited June 2012