“Café du livre rocks!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe du Livre

Cafe du Livre
44 Rue Tariq Ibn Ziad | Off to one side of the entrance to Hotel Toulousain, Ville Nouvelle, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
+212 5244-32149
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Saint Julian's, Malta
“Café du livre rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Café du livre is definitely one of if not the best café in Marrakesh. In my 2 years living nearby I pretty well much visited every week. The menu is varied offering Moroccan and international drinks and dishes. My favourites are the amazing salads and indulgent desserts. More often than not I went just to soak up the chilled, friendly atmosphere and for quiz night - a definite highlight! It's also nice and bright and airy now it's under new management. Liz and Youness will always make you feel welcome whether you're just passing through, just moved to Marrakesh or a local. They will also offer you the benefit of their knowledge of the local area whatever you're into.

• Visited July 2013

Reading, United Kingdom
“Great food, nice chilled out atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We came for lunch on 31.08.13 and it was great, especially the chips (frites) which my wife loved.

The wine, Gris, was lovely.

Free wifi is handy and the happy hour is 1900 to 2100, Tuesday to Sunday (which is a bit worrying as according to the website it is closed on Sundays). We wanted to come for dinner tonight, but didn't as website said you were closed, so opted for Kafe Souk.

Will come back though and recommend it.

Visited August 2013
Yassine M, Owner at Cafe du Livre, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for visiting Cafe du Livre! We're glad you enjoyed it!
I just wanted to let you know that the cafe is under new ownership, and we are now open 7 days a week. We're working on updating all of our online information. Sorry for the confusion!
We hope that you make it back in to visit us again.
Marrakech
“Cafe du Livre revisited”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Since my first visit to Cafe du Livre there have been some changes. It has changed ownership and Youness and Liz, the new owners. have cleaned the place from top to bottom. It looks brighter and cleaner, the air conditioning and fans work and the atmosphere is much fresher than before. The menu has been added to and there is a now a wide variety of dishes to choose from. I always feel welcome, whether I want to eat a meal or just have a drink and make use of the free Wifi. I can choose from alcoholic or non-alcoholic cold drinks at some of the most reasonable prices in Marrakech.
I have also made use of the library, swapping books and reswapping as I finish them.
The highlight for me, apart from the ever friendly welcome, is quiz night on Mondays. Liz always puts together an interesting, if sometimes challenging quiz and my fellow quizzers and I invariably have a lot of fun. It is competitive without being over serious.
It reminds me of an English pub, my local where I can go and sit and do my own thing, or if there are people I know, have a chat with the regulars.
If you are looking for a place to go where you can be sure of a welcome, some good food that is not traditionally Moroccan at a reasonable price, Cafe du Livre is the place to go. It is directly behind the Carre Eden shopping mall that is in the process of being completed in the street running parallel to Avenue Mohamed V, at the Rue Sourya end. It is inside the Courtyard of Hotel Tousanne. There is a pavement sign pointing to it, but it is small so look out for it.

Marrakech, Morocco
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Café du livre is a great place to come for any occasion. Live Music, Monday Night Quiz , Just for a beer or a tea - there is always a welcoming and friendly atmosphere and something for everyone.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Marrakech, Morocco
“A pure gem in Marrakech new town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have been living in Marrakech for about 4 months now and I am so glad that I found Cafe Du Livre. The food is great and a welcome change from tagine and cous-cous especially as they serve a mean cheese and bacon toastie.
Quiz night on a Monday is a must but is not on again until September :-(... Liz and Younis are great hosts and always very welcoming. The draft beer is extra special and I have never seen it anywhere else in Morocco as everywhere I have been only sells bottles, plus they have a great happy hour in the evening.
Overall a fantastic place to while away a few hours with a beer and a book, definitely a thumbs up.