“Fantastic hotel for 1st time visitor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Lorsya

Save Saved
You added Riad Lorsya to your Saves list
Riad Lorsya
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61, Derb El Hammam, Mouassine, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #59 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic hotel for 1st time visitor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

My wife and I stayed here during our trip to Morocco which included our wedding at another location. This place was wonderful. Beautiful decorations and room. A short (5 min.), safe, easy walk through the alleyways to the main square. Delicious food served in the dining room or on the rooftop. We were in the Samsara suite which was so colorful and exactly what I imagined a moroccan hotel room should look like. I definitely recommend this particular suite over the others, although they are nice too.

Most of all, the service was amazing. I don't think even a 5 star hotel in Paris will treat you this nice. Zaidi and the staff would go out of there way to make your stay memorable. I asked for an envelope, Zaidi said "We don't have any so I will go buy you some." I asked directions to a local restaurant, instead of telling me he had one of the other employees escort me and my wife all the way there. Our first time in Morocco and at this hotel was an amazing experience.

And definitely ask for them to arrange a trip out to the desert. It's an incredible place.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Topi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

Riad Lorsya is one of the best things I liked the most in my stay in Marrakesh. As we arrived to the medina a man was waiting for us to take our luggage and guide us to the riad.I and my brother and my sister in law were very anxious about the noises in the Djamaa el Fna square; there were a lot of people and music everywhere .finally we were in front of the riad someone opened the door and there was the surprise; A very calm and relaxing place.Ilyas was waiting for us wishing us a nice stay and invited us to have some tea with Moroccan cookies at the same time he gave us a general idea about the riad and the service …etc
We were guided to our rooms my brother and his wife took Sherazede suite and I eau de rose room. The colors were perfectly chosen and the decoration was excellent something with is completely new for us. Also the bathrooms were very clean and beautifully painted with ‘Tadelakt’, it was awesome.
The food was as excellent as everything in the riad the cook was a professional one and makes his dishes with great love and kind my brother refused to eat anywhere else except in the riad.
I will certainly come back next time .

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
sierakowcie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

We spent 4 fabulous days for our honeymoon in this gorgeous riad which is in a perfect location, just in the heart of the old Medina. Our first contact with Ilays was excellent; not only him but all his stuff was something very special! They take great attention to ensure every guest feels welcome. Every morning, we were greeted with a large smile while served breakfast on the rooftop. The view from there over the Atlas Mountains and the green palms is breathtaking.

The food is marvellous ... excellent sometimes we didn’t know what is inside the dish; but it was always tasty yamy_yamy!!! Really unforgettable. What I liked more is the Tajines sometimes with chicken some others with meat or with fish and always accompanied with vegetables. Concerning vegetables and fruits, they have special taste, very natural. Of course the cook is doing great work ... chapeau!!

In general, our trip was a great one, very successful and very special of course thanks to the Riad’s stuff and also Mr. Zahidi’s guidance.

I recommend the Riad to every honeymooner J

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

very nice riad, in a good location, very nice staff

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

very i nice palace in the city center near to the main square, staff very helpful, excellent food.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

Riad Lorsya is right in the heart of Marrakech, a few minutes walk from the central square. Abdul, Zahidi and Mustafa were very attentive to our needs sorting out trips and requests without a problem. The Riad is reached (as they all are) through the narrow streets and alleys, a brass sign on the door is the only indication that you've arrived. Once the door opens your holiday truly begins. Refurbished to a good standard in the traditional style the Riad has a plunge pool in one corner of the courtyard next to the dining table. Upstairs there are 4 rooms all very well decorated with good facilities. The gem though is the roof terrace that has sun lounges and a covered area. I would have no problem in recommending Riad Lorsya to other visitors to Marrakesh.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

Me and my mother stayed here for a weekend, and as to lone female travellers the staff could not have been more accommodating, walking us to the main square and organising day trips with reputable guides.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to Riad Lorsya? Share your experiences!