“Amazing trip” 5 of 5 stars

Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #17 of 463 Hotels in Marrakech
“Amazing trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

What can I say apart from an incredible place!
Bernard and the staff really make you feel so at home, with helpful advice, tips on where to visit etc. The food and drinks we had there were perfect and yummy.
I can't say much more apart from perfect. Great location too, about a 15 minute walk from the main square but really peaceful.
Finally it is insanely good value!
Definitely have a relaxing hamman and/or massage too if you have a chance.
We would definitely return.

Room Tip: We had the top floor room, which was very private and great to wake up and be on the roof terrace to...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Trondheim, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Our trip to Marrakech would not have been so pleasant if we had not stayed at this Riad. When we arrived the staff, Jemaal and Yaseen, sat down with us and asked what we wanted to do while in Marrakech and helped us setting up a schedule of what we should do. This was so helpful! They scheduled a day trip to the Atlas Mountains that was so wonderful and we got to see a different side to Morocco than just the busy streets of Marrakech. One of the nights they invited us to dinner on the house and served one of the best meals that I had during our trip. The roof terrace of the Riad is very pleasant, has a great view of the city, and is perfect if you just want to take an afternoon of and just relax.

The Riad was very clean, rooms were nice, although the bed were perhaps a bit to hard for my taste. So if you are going to Marrakech this is the place where you should stay!

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor, which I think is better than on the first floor since those rooms...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Wow. I don't know if a review is going to be able to sum up our first time experience in Marrakech. Firstly arriving at a local area my boyfriend was quite hesitant at where I had booked, but after a few short turns into alley ways... We arrived and entering through the door of Riad Menzeh.... It was breath-takingly beautiful! We were overjoyed- it's about a 10min walk to the main square and the locals were very friendly! Jemaal and Yaseen were perfect hosts, along with the other staff that helped cook and clean! Jemaal booked us a day trek to the Atlas Mountains and organised everything it was just a fabulous day to see different scenery. The meals were beyond Devine and the best tangines we had there, traditional flavoursome cooking! The Hamam massage is a must! The scrub is intense but you are surprised at how much dead skin comes off and your left glowing afterwards! Overall we spent 6days there- we had great advice and tips from both Jemaal and Yaseen and they made our stay very comfortable and welcoming- for a real Marrakech experience we would recommend this Riad to everyone!

• Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Already before we arrived, everything was taken care off by the Menzeh Team: Bernard, Jamal and Yacine. Hints to prepare for the unusual heat-wave during which we arrived, a driver at the airport waiting for us and refreshments upon our arrival at the Riad, hidden in Marrakesh's most authentic area, The impeccable service and friendliness continued all the way through our one week stay. During this period we had every day tasty and generous breakfasts, a brilliant dinner prepared by the Riad's own 'chef' as well as a relaxing hammam and massage in the in-house facilities. Any touristy question we had was right away addressed in a friendly manner and solved professionally by the team. We would definitely like to go back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Bernard, Jamal and the rest of the team really make this riad what it is! From the minute you arrive (actually from the minute you send your reservation inquiry form) you know that the people managing this riad are caring and are devoted to what they do. They recommended I use a taxi service with a driver they knew because he could easily find the riad and I figured out why upon arrival. The driver went through a maze of buildings clustered on both sides of the alley ways and almost all looked identical- forget clear street signals! ... yet is this not also part of the charm of Marrakech? Bernard was outside when we arrived and he helped with the bag. Immediately he showed me the room and offered (delicious) tea and cookies since I had not eaten since the early morning and it was the late afternoon.
He upgraded my room to a suite although I had reserved the most basic room and that was because his riad was fully occupied. I followed his advice on food and what to see- and I am happy I did so! The restaurants were far from the all style and mediocre food quality that you may fall upon in this city. Somehow you are part of his family when you are at the riad and this is reassuring in Marrakech because the city may be intimidating by its chaos, which makes it interesting too.
My room was spacious as I mentioned and gave to the courtyard. The bathroom was very stylish in traditionally Moroccan. Despite the surroundings, the riad is calm although every once and a while you hear people talk as they walk by, which was rare and charming considering that the riad was in the old medina.
Breakfast was fine, there was always a fresh bowl of fruits and coffee or tea with traditional bread and the usual breakfast components. I did not eat other meals at the riad, although the one day there were preparing dinner as I was going out it smelled very inviting!
The location of the riad, probably like anything outside the immediate Place El-Fena, is tricky. The first time I went to the Place, Bernard accompanied me to show me the way since maps are at best sketchy. Funny enough, that night walking back I got lost! I had the number of the riad and I called not knowing what I could do to find my way back... and Jamal was so generous to actually come and pick me up from a restaurant in the Place. Thanks!
I would certainly return here and recommend this riad.

Room Tip: The suite with the traditional windown overlooking the courtyard was very nice and that is where I s...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Shoreline, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We had a great 4 day stay at the Riad Menzeh in Marrakesh. Bernard and his staff are great. The rooms are clean and the breakfast was excellent. We also had a dinner was excellent. Bernard is very helpful in assisting you in your stay in Marrakesh recommending sites to visit and restaurants. I would highly recommend the Riad Menzeh during your visit to Marrakesh.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Our second visit to Marrakesh, and with Bernard as our host in the Riad Menzeh. This time my sister-in-law and husband joined us for the experience, and they weren't disappointed. Bernard is such an excellent host and since our last trip has added some additional efficient and very friendly staff, that made our stay magical. If you want the experience of the real Medina it is here, and you can get it at great value. Don't miss out on that trip to Amizmiz, and enjoy the hospitality of the Berbers in the foothills of the Atlas mountains, only an hour away from the city.

Room Tip: Try the rooftop terrace room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Riad Menzeh? Share your experiences!