“I still have good memories of Riad Menzeh” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Menzeh
34 derb El Arsa | Sidi Ayoub, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #35 of 490 Hotels in Marrakech
London
“I still have good memories of Riad Menzeh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was just watching a cookery show about Morocco and it brought back memories of my stay at this riad. This was an oasis; it's not flashy, it's refined, clean and homely. The mint tea and breakfasts were lovely; to say I still remember what I had when I stayed here 2 and a half years ago says something! (ignore the date the website asked me to select). The hosts were really accommodating. I was traveling on my own at the time, first time in Morocco, and I felt the hosts looked after me to just the right degree. They also arranged for me to be picked up from the airport by the most attractive and polite man. Clearly this place left an impression on me. Thank you Riad Menzeh. Leah K.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank chichibaobao

Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was a wonderful amazing experience. My husband surprised me with a trip to Marrakech and I had no idea what to expect about this city or place. Upon arrival, Bernard the host greeted us with a warm smile and hand shake. He welcomed us home. We walked down a small dirt alley and in a couple of turns we arrived at the door. I was wondering what is behind this door and to much of my amazement a beautiful oasis. The Cozy Inn was directed to welcome you as it was your home. We stayed in the suite with an excellent view of the courtyard. I felt like I was in the movie Romeo and Juliet. The bed was decorated with rose petals. Plus they provided fresh roses with candles lit. This was added bonus because they knew it was our 16th year anniversary. The bathroom was clean, spacious and romantic.

Bernard gladly showed us around the Market and while walking he greeted many of the locals. He educated us about the city and the people. We stayed 5 days and each day was full of adventure. Bernard made sure to full fill our request (stay busy) which he did (smile). We went Quad Riding, Camel ride with complimentary tea, a 4 hour hike in the mountain with lunch, Balloon ride w/ breakfast plus a tour of traditional Berber home, traditional Hamam shower and oil massage after our hike plus spectacular dinner (done at the Riad Menzeh which was very convenient and relaxing this was an added bonus not to have to leave after a long day). Shopping through market and then we finished off our trip with a Cooking Course.

Throughout our stay Bernard made us feel like family. We came as strangers and left as friends. Thanks, Bernard and your staff for a lovely unforgettable stay.

Room Tip: The rooms are small and cozy
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MommyT2006
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Agree with the other reviews about this being a great riad.

After spending 4 nights at riad Dar el Masa, Jamal led us to riad Menzeh for a further 4 nights. Was greeted by Bernard with mint tea. What a great host. Tea and biscuits aways available when we came in each day.

Bernard walked us to the sqare to show the way - always remember the land marks as you go!

Also arranged for a great day trips to the Berber country (highlight) and to Essaouira. The trip into the country gets you away from the constant noise and merchants - chance for a walk and to visit at a traditional house. Essaouira was a nice seaside fishing village. Lots of restaurants/cafe and shops in the city.

Had a hamman on the top floor - scrubbed pink as babies! I also had a massage and facial and all were very pleasant and relaxing.

Had a great stay here and enjoyed Bernard's birthday drinks!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hobartgirl
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Echoing the reviews already on here we had a fantastic time at Riad Menzeh. Bernard, Jamal and Magda (apologies if spelt incorrectly) looked after us so well and Riad Menzeh was a fantastic oasis of calm and tranquility to come back to after time out in the Marrakech madness! We ate in twice for dinner whilst here which I would definitely recommend as the food was absolutely delicious and we also had an afternoon's cooking lesson in the kitchen with Magda which was great fun and now looking forward to trying our hand at recreating some recipes at home. I would also recommend having a hammam there which was just bliss after returning from a 3 day trek in the Atlas mountains. Overall would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank buffys25
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Our first port of call on our Morocco holiday. Could scarely imagine nicer people to stay with. They just couldn't do enough to help you, always smiling or appearing with mint tea and cakes for you. I smile every time I think of the place. Lovely, cool spacious rooms, nice communal areas with lots of friendly folk to chat to, nice breakfasts and a nice rooftop terrace too relax on.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Stuart B
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for 3 nights in total. We originally requested it for 3 nights during one week but we required the dates to be flexible due to us awaiting confirmation of a desert tour. Bernard was very understanding and accommodating and he even organised us a quote from a company he knows. We ended up staying 2 nights initially and then coming back for a single night after 3 days. Our experice at the riad was wonderful. All the staff were amazing, the decor and cleanliness was top notch and the breakfasts were fantastic - we were even lucky enough to have the chef cook us up a treat of traditional pancakes on ourr last day...yum! Bernard went out of his way to make us feel comfortable and well looked after - he kindly walked us to the square so we knew how to get there and he was attentive and helpful throughout our stay.

The location of this riad is amazing - it's on an extremely calm and quiet street but only 10 mins walk from the main square. I cannot emphasise enough how much we enjoyed and appreciated our stay here. If we are ever in Marrakech again, this would be the only place that we stay at!!

Room Tip: We left it up to Bernard as our schedule was awkward. The rooms we had were both great. Both were ho...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank smashon
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Had spent only 1 night there because I booked 5 nights in another Riad in advance.Great perfectly reliable pick-up service in the night, very nice welcome, great clean room, wonderful breakfast and transfer with Bernard to the next Riad.GREAT.Thx Bernard

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo