“Amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Camilia

Save Saved
You added Riad Camilia to your Saves list
Riad Camilia
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Derb El Ouali 9, Kaat Benahid | Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #7 of 1,037 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Beautiful Riad. Room 4 amazing. I cannot stress how lovely it is

My husband and I enjoyed sitting at the log fire at nighttime with our glass of wine.

Nicholas was a very attentive host. He could not do enough for us. His staff are all lovely people and very efficient.

Loved sitting on the rooftop with our breakfast and our Gin and Tonics at 5.00pm.

Had a massage and my husband had a Hamman in the Riad. Best massage ever!!!

Room Tip: Room 4 - like a mini apartment!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

218 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Riad Camilia has been my little sanctuary for the past two years when I visit Marrakech regularly for work. Before my most recent visit Nicolas, host extraordinaire, emailed me saying he had a ‘surprise’ for me - my favourite bedroom had a gorgeous renovation! Each time I visit I get excited to see the loyal and warm staff, indulge in a hammam (or two), gorge on copious tagines and soak up the sunshine on the rooftop. To everyone who visits Marrakech, I recommend this peaceful oasis. I can’t wait to return to my second home soon! x

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any selection!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Suffolk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Marrakech is a wonderful and exciting experience but requires a haven of peace and calm to retreat to and Riad Camilia certainly provides that.

From the moment I first emailed Nicolas the manager there I received refreshingly helpful advice and service. Every consideration is given to your comfort and an understanding of the things which you need to take account of to enjoy a challenging but wonderful city.

A car was waiting at the airport for us and Nicolas met us and took us the last few hundred yards on foot to the Riad.

The Riad is spacious, luxurious and beautiful , and it's location is very good for exploring the Medina. Beautifully designed with a beautiful courtyard, trees, flowers, pool and fountains, it has several intimate and very tasteful lounges and dining areas. Our bedroom suite was stunning, comfortable and luxurious, and the roof terrace fabulous with a plunge pool and lovely views over the medina.

The food is very good indeed, and dining on the roof terrace a magic experience. A wonderful Hamman and massage is available at the Riad itself.

Nothing is too much trouble for the staff who are all wonderful and the service is first class. Best of all Nicolas who has everything superbly under control, will happily advice, organise or arrange anything you require and gives you very helpful insights about what to do or avoid which was invaluable to newcomers to Marrakech.

Book with confidence, you will not be disappointed in any respect.

Mike & Anna
Suffolk

• Stayed October 2013
albury australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Riad Camilia is everything the other reviewers say and more!

My friend and I travelled in late September for a conference to Marrakech and came 3 days early to enjoy the souks and shopping etc.
We stayed in Room 5 and it was just amazing. We had our own personal stair to the roof and our meals there were lovely.
The star of the Riad is the wonderful Nicholas who was the kindest and most amazing manager. From fixing my ipad to buying medicines at the pharmacy for us nothing was a trouble.

If you are going to Marrakech this is a lovely Riad.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
colchester, essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

What am amazing experience - even before we arrived we knew it was going to special - the contact we had from Nicolas, the Riad Manager was outstanding. We cannot thank him and his staff enough for their attention to detail; nothing was too much trouble.

The day before arriving at the Riad I contacted Nicolas and asked if we could drop our luggage off early and then go off and explore the souks until our room was ready - he quickly informed us that we could have the room as soon as we arrived as it was all ready for us. Great start.

We were warmly welcomed and after showing us to our room; now I say room, this was the final stop for us following our tour of Morocco and therefore we have splurged and gone for suite 4, this biggest room, we were invited to go onto the terrace to have cold drinks and fill in the paperwork required whilst staying in Morocco.

Suite four - wow - it has two separate living rooms with sofas throughout, a lovely king sized bed, double sinks and a bath to die for sunken into the floor with a huge rain shower over. We also had a terrace opening up over to overlook the courtyard below and a private terrace that lead up to the main terrace above. This was pure luxury.

It wasn't just suite 4 that wowed us - the whole riad has been decorated to a high standard. there is a beautiful dining area for when it is too cold to eat outside, a courtyard with fruit trees and a dipping pool, a further seating area with sofas that once you relax into you don't want to move and the largest terraces we have come across during our travels - with two dipping pools, sun loungers, more comfortable seating and enough room for everyone staying at the riad to have a peaceful breakfast whilst listening to the morning call to prayer.

The food here was some of the best we have tasted whilst in Morocco. Breakfast was a spread of fruit, yoghurt, bread and jams, crepes, freshly squeezed orange juice and wonderful tasting coffee. Before dinner in the evenings, the nibbles provided were the best we have ever tasted - one evening we even asked for seconds - and I would love a copy of the recipe although I know I will never do it justice. Dinner itself was delicious - we ate here twice during our three night stay it was that good. On the first evening we had Moroccan soup and breads, Fish tagine with spices that hit your senses in all the right ways and the best fruit tart we have ever eaten. This was all washed down with Moroccan red wine - surprisingly good considering we have never found any at home and it is not a country you would associate with good wines. Our second meal was a spread of vegetables and bread for starters, chicken for my husband and sardine balls in tomato sauce for myself (this was the best meal I have had not just in Morocco but across many of our travels - thank you so much!!!!).

Whilst the surroundings that you find yourself in here are stunning it is the staff that truly make this a memorable experience. Every time we knocked on the door whoever opened greeted us with a big smile and offered us cold drinks which we always accepted. The girls work extremely hard from serving breakfast in the mornings, cleaning rooms and then preparing the food for the evening - I am in awe of how hard they work. Yousef is there each evening serving you drinks and dinner and works until everyone has gone to sleep. Finally Nicolas, the manager of the Riad, whatever I write here will not do him justice...he is up with you in the morning for breakfast, asking you how you have slept and what your plans are for the day. Giving you insights to what is going on and making suggestions that he thinks you might enjoy - I noticed that he also tailors this to the people he is talking to - he doesn't suggest the same to everyone staying here - he has taken the time to get to know you and therefore understands what it is you might like to see during your stay. We wanted to spend a day wandering outside the Medina to experience the different sides of Marrakech and he easily suggested a hotel for us to visit with a wonderful roof terrace that looked out over the whole of the medina and out to the Atlas Mountains - which although hazy we could still see. This would of course, not be to everyone's taste and you could hear him suggesting different things to people sat next to us. Reading and understanding people is a skill that not many people have. He was also there in the evenings making sure that we had enjoyed the suggested experiences and socialising with us - I am still unsure when he sleeps.

Without the staff this would still be a Riad to visit but with the staff this is the only Riad we will be returning to in Marrakech. Thank you again for the wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms would make for a wonderful stay, each having a different style.
hg-lil1
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We recently returned from a perfect 3 night stay at Riad Camila. The previous reviews have pretty much got it nailed, Nicholas makes your stay comfortable and effortless with all of his easygoing help and advice, each of the rooms are beautifully decorated and furnished - we stayed in room 1 which was so spacious and a joy to return to everyday after the craziness of Marrakech.
The roof terrace is lovely and a perfect place for breakfast everyday before heading out. I can't think of any way that this place could be improved and would urge anybody who is heading to Marrakech to give it a go. You couldn't possibly be disappointed!

Room Tip: Room 1 was lovely, but if we returned we would go for room 4 as it is beautiful, huge and has a bath...
massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Riad Camilia. What a sublime experience staying here is. We are from the Boston area, in the U.S., and wanted to experience a riad, instead of a mega-hotel. The decor is flawless. The lighting and sumptuous fabrics are to die for. My husband has already ordered some bath towels from the same company Riad Camilia uses for its' bath towels. The bed was the first, and only, comfortable bed we had on our entire trip. The pillows were soft and downy. The mattress was just soft enough, unlike all the other hard mattresses we experienced elsewhere. Our room was so incredibly beautiful. The intricate lattice work over the windows provided us with a dappled light in the evening. It was so romantic. The bathroom was stunning. The warm amber color of the open shower, with the soft gold lighting...again, so romantic. I highly recommend asking for this room if you're a couple. We also had private access to the wonderful roof top. We had dinner there one evening.The beef tagine with prunes - delicious and the eggplant....yum! The coffee was the only good coffee we had on our trip. Nicolas, the manager, brings it in from France. It was soooo good. I ordered some mid afternoon and in the evening. The riad is convenient to the shopping in the souk and the Square. It's about a ten minute walk. Finally, I must say it is so important to have someone to advise you on the ins and outs of Marrakech. Nicolas, the manager of Riad Camilia, is this man. Nicolas is so lovely and helpful. He is a wealth of knowledge and is so incredibly kind and helpful. I didn't anticipate needing so much information, but we did. Nicolas is wonderful. You'll be surprised how many questions you'll have, how much assistance you'll need and he's always there, with a smile. He's a consumate professional and so very kind. Book Riad Camilia if you're looking for romance and beauty.

Room Tip: Choose the room with the private access to the rooftop. If you're looking for romance, this room...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Camilia? Share your experiences!