“Loved this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Camilia

You added Riad Camilia to your Saves list
Riad Camilia
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Derb El Ouali 9, Kaat Benahid | Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #11 of 1,116 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at the Riad Camilia in Dec. 2012 for five nights. It is very clean and beautifully decorated. Best of all, the staff is excellent when it comes to customer service. We had dinner at the Riad a few of the nights and the food was as good as any fine restaurant, not to mention, the tables were beautifully set -- crystal, fine china, rose petals and all! The location is excellent if you want to spend time in the Medina. The Souks are only a few minutes away. Should you want to travel to other locations, the helpful staff will arrange it. I have never felt so spoiled while on vacation. I hated to leave.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautifully decorated.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed at this most amazing Riad for my brithday on 12-12-12 with my girlfriends and we had the trip of a lifetime. Nicholas and the wonderful staff were so helpful and treated us so well. We were always greeted home with a smile and some lovely mint tea. The food was the best and dinners were always so special. I've traveled around the world but this was really top on my list. You simply must stay here.....

Room Tip: We rented the entire place but each room was special....not a bad room in the enitre riad
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

If you'd like a taste of paradise, this is the place! As you walk in from the Medina, you just can't believe this is just steps away. A group of 6 girls celebrating a special occassion - Nicholas and staff treated us like we were the only people on earth. This is a must for everybody's Bucket list!!

Copenhagen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

When I first read other reviews mention all the staff by name I was a bit suspicious, but after having spent one week in Riad Camilia I can only say that this is the friendliest most helpful staff I have ever encountered.

The riad is right in the middle of the medina and Nicolas the manager comes to greet you as cars can't go there. The Riad is absolutely stunning. we stayed in the suite on the first floor with 3 massive rooms and huge bathroom. It is so tastefully decorated and breathtaking.

Nicolas the manager (french guy) is so helpful and friendly, not in an intrusive fashion just genuinely helpful and the man never sleeps. The staff is always there to assist you with anything you want. Fatima is the cook, and I want to mention her in particular cause I don't think you have ever tried Morrocan food until you have had her food. Her couscous is so good, you should under no circumstances miss it. You can dine there for 150 MAD per person, and whatever restaurant you venture out to try nothing will come close to her cooking. Try to go to the best 3 recommended on tripadvisor and then compare it to her food.

The city itself grows on you after a few days. when you are new, it is impossible to find your way around, but do yourself a favour and never listen to the boys always ask the shopkeepers or women, the kids are just trying to scam you and after a day or two you got the maze figured out.

Just cannot say enough good things about riad camilia, the owner is so lucky to have these people.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

had an amazing stay at riad camilia in july 2012. it's truly a little oasis in the heart of old marrakech. nico and his team are beyond hospitable and treated us like family. i enjoyed the added benefits of the freshly prepared meals, hammam and massage. the riad is decorated beautifully and the rooftop is dreamy both day & night. stay here and you will have an unforgettable, luxurious, enjoyable holiday with a fantastic team who will take care of your every need.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Cameron Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

After reading the great reviews on Tripadvisor and e-mailing back and forward with Nicolas numerous times I booked us into the Riad Camilia for a total of three nights, two before a trip to the desert and one upon our return. To reach the Riad Nicolas meets you at your car and then takes you for a short walk ending at a small alley where you enter the Riad through a little green door and once there you will not be disappointed. The Riad is tastefully decorated everywhere you look and the quiet inside is such a contrast to the noise and bustle outside. I can not say enough about the wonderful staff who were always there with a friendly smile and an eagerness to make your stay comfortable. However Nicolas must take most of the praise. He goes beyond all expectations to ensure that your stay is unforgetable and he seems to work 7 x 24, nothing ever seeming to be too much to ask.
The first two nights we stayed in Room 3 on the first floor and enjoyed the spaciousness of the room and large shower. The last night we stayed in room 5 which is unbelievable. Beautifully decorated, it also has a private stairway up to the roof top.
Once on the rooftop there are many places to relax and also a small dipping pool. We enjoyed our evenings up here drinking wine, having dinner and listening to the calls to prayer that would ring out around the city.
For me Riad Camilia made staying in Marrakech a fantastic experience and would be a great place to go to simply get away and relax. This is a first class establishment and I highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: From what I could see all the rooms were lovely but I must admit I was very partial to room 5, beau...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

What an amazing find! My partner and I spent three nights at the Riad Camilia. From the outset, Nicolas' hospitality was exceptional and made us feel so welcome. On our arrival we were offered a room upgrade and found ourselves in an extremely spacious and stylish ground floor room. It is clear that Camilia, Nicholas and all of the amazing staff make every effort to ensure that your every whim is catered for. I found this especially comforting as I had been feeling unwell before arrival, the staff went beyond their duties in caring for me. We had the pleasure of sampling some of Fatima's dishes, where encouraged to make food requests and made the most of eating up on the wonderful roof terrace. It was great to be able to stroll over to Jma'al-fna in just five minutes! You won't go wrong in choosing to stay here, this was definitely the best riad we stayed in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Camilia? Share your experiences!