“Friendliest Staff you will ever find” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Camilia

Save Saved
You added Riad Camilia to your Saves list
Riad Camilia
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Derb El Ouali 9, Kaat Benahid | Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #6 of 1,046 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Copenhagen
“Friendliest Staff you will ever find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

When I first read other reviews mention all the staff by name I was a bit suspicious, but after having spent one week in Riad Camilia I can only say that this is the friendliest most helpful staff I have ever encountered.

The riad is right in the middle of the medina and Nicolas the manager comes to greet you as cars can't go there. The Riad is absolutely stunning. we stayed in the suite on the first floor with 3 massive rooms and huge bathroom. It is so tastefully decorated and breathtaking.

Nicolas the manager (french guy) is so helpful and friendly, not in an intrusive fashion just genuinely helpful and the man never sleeps. The staff is always there to assist you with anything you want. Fatima is the cook, and I want to mention her in particular cause I don't think you have ever tried Morrocan food until you have had her food. Her couscous is so good, you should under no circumstances miss it. You can dine there for 150 MAD per person, and whatever restaurant you venture out to try nothing will come close to her cooking. Try to go to the best 3 recommended on tripadvisor and then compare it to her food.

The city itself grows on you after a few days. when you are new, it is impossible to find your way around, but do yourself a favour and never listen to the boys always ask the shopkeepers or women, the kids are just trying to scam you and after a day or two you got the maze figured out.

Just cannot say enough good things about riad camilia, the owner is so lucky to have these people.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

218 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

had an amazing stay at riad camilia in july 2012. it's truly a little oasis in the heart of old marrakech. nico and his team are beyond hospitable and treated us like family. i enjoyed the added benefits of the freshly prepared meals, hammam and massage. the riad is decorated beautifully and the rooftop is dreamy both day & night. stay here and you will have an unforgettable, luxurious, enjoyable holiday with a fantastic team who will take care of your every need.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Cameron Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

After reading the great reviews on Tripadvisor and e-mailing back and forward with Nicolas numerous times I booked us into the Riad Camilia for a total of three nights, two before a trip to the desert and one upon our return. To reach the Riad Nicolas meets you at your car and then takes you for a short walk ending at a small alley where you enter the Riad through a little green door and once there you will not be disappointed. The Riad is tastefully decorated everywhere you look and the quiet inside is such a contrast to the noise and bustle outside. I can not say enough about the wonderful staff who were always there with a friendly smile and an eagerness to make your stay comfortable. However Nicolas must take most of the praise. He goes beyond all expectations to ensure that your stay is unforgetable and he seems to work 7 x 24, nothing ever seeming to be too much to ask.
The first two nights we stayed in Room 3 on the first floor and enjoyed the spaciousness of the room and large shower. The last night we stayed in room 5 which is unbelievable. Beautifully decorated, it also has a private stairway up to the roof top.
Once on the rooftop there are many places to relax and also a small dipping pool. We enjoyed our evenings up here drinking wine, having dinner and listening to the calls to prayer that would ring out around the city.
For me Riad Camilia made staying in Marrakech a fantastic experience and would be a great place to go to simply get away and relax. This is a first class establishment and I highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: From what I could see all the rooms were lovely but I must admit I was very partial to room 5, beau...
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

What an amazing find! My partner and I spent three nights at the Riad Camilia. From the outset, Nicolas' hospitality was exceptional and made us feel so welcome. On our arrival we were offered a room upgrade and found ourselves in an extremely spacious and stylish ground floor room. It is clear that Camilia, Nicholas and all of the amazing staff make every effort to ensure that your every whim is catered for. I found this especially comforting as I had been feeling unwell before arrival, the staff went beyond their duties in caring for me. We had the pleasure of sampling some of Fatima's dishes, where encouraged to make food requests and made the most of eating up on the wonderful roof terrace. It was great to be able to stroll over to Jma'al-fna in just five minutes! You won't go wrong in choosing to stay here, this was definitely the best riad we stayed in.

Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We have just returned from an amazing holiday in Marrakech.. We stayed at Riad Camilia and can honestly say that we have never stayed anywhere with such fantastic service and care..
Nicholas and his team can not do enough for you from the moment you walk through the door.. Fatima's cooking is just delicious, so tasty, fresh and traditional and better than anywhere else we ate during our holiday.
The Riad itself is stunning. We stayed in room 3 which was perfect and with a beautiful veranda overlooking the courtyard, perfect for a relaxing drink after a hard day shopping in the souks or sunbathing on the beautiful rooftop garden.
A big thank you to Nicholas and his team for making our holiday so special. We can not recommend Riad Camilia enough..

Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We (me and my wife) have been in Riad camilia for 5 nights, it was a very special place, like an oasis on the busy Marrakesh medina. Everything there is conceived to delight the guests, the decoration is beautifful, staff very attentive and friendlly, Nicolas is a great host, all the time looking how to make your days better in Marrakesh.
After a day walking on the siuks, you can rest on the nice rooftop and take a splash on the pool!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

and this is truly evident about every inch of Riad Camilia. So beautiful (so much to look at), friendly and comfortable. From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave everything is taken care of with the greatest of ease.

Travelling with 2 friends and my 5 month old son, we had a great time. Picked up from the airport and met by Nico in the medina, to take us and our luggage the few minutes walk to the riad. Any request or query we had in advance was taken care of by Nico via email beforehand...no question was too stupid.

The hammam and massage we booked for our arrival were the greatest. Such an amazing way to get into the holiday spirit. Nejet is great at what she does. Feeling happy, relaxed and light we had dinner (catering to our various dietry needs and prepared by Fatima) on the roof terrace with Nico.

Nico is a great host, generous, hugely interesting, funny, informative and laid back. He does everything he can to make your stay, easy, enjoyable and interesting. Everyone and everything about the riad is like home and family.

The rooms are beautiful, comfortable and clean. Breakfast was always on the roof terrace, such a nice way to start the day. Clear skies, beautiful views and the sound of the call to prayer from the local mosques. There are splash pools around the riad to accompany all the sunbathing and relaxing!

The staff are welcoming and sweet. Bushra made my life so easy by helping out with my son, playing with him and takeing him with her. He always came back laughing with the biggest smile. The riad has baby sitting facilities which I used when we went into Gueliz for dinner and dancing (our cabs were organised by the riad. They offered to meet us at the cab drop off point to take us back to the riad). Everyone always kept an eye out and an ear open for my little one, which was very comforting.

We got a chance to meet the owners towards the end of our stay. Really lovely people and generous to invite us for drinks with them and their friends on the roof terrace. A fun evening was had.

Marrakech is one of my favorite places to visit and I have done so over the past 10 years. I will definitely go back to riad Camilia and would recommend it to my friends. It's in a good location in the medina, close to the spice market and not far from jemaa el-fnaa. Also close to chemists and money changing places. You can arrange day trips from the riad, any help and information Nico is always at hand with what you need.

Riad Camilia is a special place...I love it!

Downside...having to leave Riad Camilia!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Camilia? Share your experiences!