“I was the only guest” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Oasis

Riad Oasis
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Riad Oasis
3.5 of 5 Inn   |   86, Arset el Baraka Derb El Makina Bab Aylen, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #886 of 1,040 Marrakech B&B and Inns
CT
“I was the only guest”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was booked into this place by a tour company that I have used a number of times in the past. I was very unhappy about this riad. It was not in a good neighborhood and it was not within easy walking distance of any restaurants, sites, shopping, etc. I was the only guest and after the manager left for the day the only folks left on site did not speak English so I felt trapped there. I had the opportunity to see a few other riads while on my trip, there are 1500 total in Marrakech, and they had so much more to offer. The call to prayers started at 4am (really loud even thru the closed windows and door) and there were a few more very early in the morning so I could not sleep due to the noise. After that finished the sun was up and the birds in the courtyard outside my room started, as well as a rooster in the distance. I am not sure why there was no one else at this hotel, it made me feel very unsafe there. I must say that the lady that cooked breakfast each day and dinner each night for me was fantastic! I also want to give kudos to the manager of the hotel, she really went out of her way to try to make me happy. The bed was comfortable but you have to hold the shower head in your hand to take a shower, not fun. The hotel had wifi and it worked great both on my pc and my iphone. They also had satellite tv but I could only find news in English. I guess if you are looking for a really local experience this might be the place for you, it was not the place for me.

Room Tip: Maybe try staying in one of the other sections, there are 3.