“Amazing service and a paradise within the Medina” 5 of 5 stars

Rue Riad Zituon LkDim | Derb Jdid No. 18, Marrakech 400000, Morocco   |
Ranked #178 of 1,113 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
HannahNorway
“Amazing service and a paradise within the Medina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

We stayed at Dar Habiba after having read the reviews on Tripadvisor. I am so happy we did, as Dar Habiba is a wonderful oasis of calm within the chaos of the souks and the medina. The Riad itself is stylishly designed with a lovely little courtyard, cool and big rooms with traditional decor - very clean and modern. The team working there, led by Najat, is fabulous. I was ill during my stay and she looked after me so well! When you arrive you have mint tea on the roof terrace and Najat will guide you through where to go and what to see. Both Alastair and Najat are so helpful in arranging transport and excursions and made our stay so much easier, as it was my firs visit to Morocco. We also tried the Hammam at Dar Habiba - it was an amazing experience and we came out cleaner than ever. The hammam lady was really nice!
I cannot recommend this Riad enough - I am returning as soon as I can and will recommen it to all my friends and family.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

We spent four nights at Dar Habiba and everything was excellent, from our first enquiry to the early morning breakfast on our day of departure.

Najat, the manager, is like a good friend from the beginning - happy to see you and to help in any way, thoughtful and funny - somehow always there when we needed her.

The Riad is but a few moments walk from the main square of Jeema El Fna, yet is in a quiet area, surrounded by other Riads. It is easy to walk to the souks, museums, Koutoubia, tombs and Palaces. We took a short cab ride into Gueliz for the Majorelle Gardens (going rate 20-25dh daytime), and the guided tour of the high atlas.

We both highly recommend the Hammam - place yourself in her highly capable hands and emerge squeaky clean and completely relaxed - great to unwind on either arrival or departure.

The rooms have lovely high, painted ceilings, comfortable beds and a pretty ensuite. We were blessed with beautiful weather to enjoy breakfast on the roof terrace each day, with freshly squeezed juice, aromatic coffee and different foods each day, but always including some kind of 'bread' and the best honey I've ever tasted.

Our trip was fantastic in every detail, my only reservation in recommending this Riad is that there will be no room for us when we want to come back, which we hope will be soon!

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
RSA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2009

My husband and I spent four days in Dar Habiba in September. This small riad captured our hearts immediately. The typical Moroccan decor, the warm and friendly service, the attention to detail, and the cool, peaceful ambience were a surprise after walking through the busy alleyways of the old medina from the taxi rank. Our stay started with a delicious supper of lamb tagine, ordered in advance by e-mail, and beautifully served in the gazebo on the roof terrace, where we also enjoyed our yummy breakfasts of various kinds of Moroccan pancakes, honey and jam. I became a mint tea addict.
The staff were professional and efficient; the manager, Najat, a gem. Her obvious love of Morocco, Marrakesh in particular, was infectious. She took time to tell us about the places of interest in the old medina. No problem of ours was too much for her – each was attended to immediately. In fact, Najat became a friend. We were honoured to be invited to break the fast with her on the last night of Ramadan.
If we are ever lucky enough to visit Marrakesh again, Dar Habiba will definitely be our first stop!
Dawid and Leonie Viljoen

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
heerlen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

thank you for my beautiful stay at your riad, everything was ok! The room, the food, the hamman and the city has given me a good feeling.

Heerlen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

I visited Dar Habiba during three days in october with my friends. It was quite as charming as it looked on the site and we had a wonderful welcome by Alastair and Najat. It was very quiet with twittering birds on the roof terrace in the morning.
Its location is central, so you can do a lot by foot. We were lucky that the one afternoon that there was rain we had the hammam, which was a great and relaxing experience.
Najat and her staff were very friendly, answered all our questions and made arrangements, so that made life even more easy.
Marrakech itself was a great experience, not only was it like a fairy tail, but als there is a lot to learn about culture, history and the hard work of the people!. We will certainly come back!

Warwickshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

I visited Dar Habiba early October to celebrate my 40th birthday with a group of girl friends. We all had the most relaxed and fun time. The initial organisation was arranged with Alistair all by email and Najat and her team were second to none with their hospitality from the moment we arrived to our departure at 5AM! The rooms were traditional and comfortable, the roof top terrace perfect to enjoy the tranquility away from the Souks and soak up the sun and the hammam was a new but beautiful experience. The choice of Riad Dar Habiba was perfect for the occasion and I would like to express my thanks to everyone and reccommend it to anyone!

Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

Just returned from a fabulous few days in Marakech staying at Dar Habiba for my friends 40th. We took over the RIAD and it really was the most beautiful place. VERY central to the hussle and bustle but peace and quiet and coolness. Great help and service from Najat and her team of ladies.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Dar Habiba? Share your experiences!