We arrived on 23rd February for a seven night stay, booked through Travel Republic, so already paid for. We stayed one night, moving to a decent hotel outside the city walls on day 2 and our complaints are as follows:
1) We were put in an annex around the corner, not actually in the Riad. Although the pictures posted online of Riad Diana are actually very artistically done. Please do not expect the reality to come up to that standard. The 'pool' is actually a cold bath in the main entrace hall. Our room in the annex was small and dark, but adequate. However:
2) We had no hot water for a shower. Despite asking twice for this to be put right, it was at best lukewarm for a few seconds, then back to cold. I think the water heater was broken as it kept starting up and cutting out.
3) The sheets were smelly. They had not been aired properly and were slightly damp.
4) We requested an extra pillow for my husband (only one each is provided). The request was ignored.
5) I had emailed a week before to inform the owner that my husband is diabetic and cannot eat sweet breakfast goods. It was agreed we could have eggs, fruit and unsweeetened yoghurt. We were provided with bread, pancakes and cake with two types of jam.
6) The sunbeds on the roof terrace are rusty metal and all were broken in our Riad.
Visitors should be aware that there are no safe facilities and you have to carry your valuables and passport with you at all times. The staff seemed quite able to speak English when trying to sell us trips out but when we had a request or complaint, were unable to understand us. I asked for a refund when leaving, but of course, they couldn't understand me. As our daughter had just died and we were tired and in need of relaxation, we just left. I have since asked the owner by email for a refund. I'm sure the world at large will be interested in the reply.