“a little disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel & Ryads Naoura Barriere

You added Hotel & Ryads Naoura Barriere to your Saves list
Hotel & Ryads Naoura Barriere
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Djebel Alakhdar | Bab Doukala Marrakech, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #128 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
Bristol, United Kingdom
“a little disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was expecting more from this hotel in my opinion not really what you would imagine a Riad to be.
To be honest theposition of the room we had overlooked the pool but also directly at the other 3 floors of rooms which gave us some privacy issues!
Staff attentive and the food good but not exceptiobnal.
Would I stay there again no...we planned to move after 3 nights here to The Villa Des Oranges which is a true Riad and far more what we expected.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ThomasGILLE, Deputy Manager at Hotel & Ryads Naoura Barriere, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Mister G.

We apologize for your stay which did not live up to your expectations.
I think that you did not had enough information about the hotel as you expected a Ryad...
The Naoura Barrière is a 85 rooms hotel with 26 private villa called "Ryads".
It's very different that the "Villa des Orangers" who is a "Relais & Chateaux".

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you at the Fouquet's Restaurant during your next trip in Marrakech,

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Turkish first
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Just returned from a week's stay at Naoura Barriere. On arrival,it was a welcome sight-a cool peaceful and clean respite from a dusty,hot and busy city.We arrived very early, at around 9am,but our room was ready for us after a 20 minute wait so we could make the most of our day and settle in.Our room was a standard room, but it was fantastic-very spacious with a very big comfortable bed.

The food was excellent,without exception.We ate at Fouquets the first night and the food was delicious-the dessert pastries here are particularly good.We ate here on two occasions and had roomservice and everything was great and really good value. Breakfast too is great with a huge variety.The hotel has clearly listened to previous criticism of breakfast being served outside as it is now served inside the restaurant but you still have the option of eating outside. We only had breakfast in our room on the final day as we had an early morning flight but I wish we had done it on a few other mornings as it was great(though it arrived 20 minutes late,which was annoying as we didn't have time to eat it before we left).

Lunch by the pool was good too,with large portions.There was a problem one day with the food we ordered and it was given to us free of charge. The bar did lovely drinks and served them with loads of nibbles which was fab. We had our welcome drink on the last but one evening-the bar didn't seem to know anything about it when I asked about it but a quick chat with reception resolved that.

Staff are lovely -they really can't do enough for you. Sara and Abdullah were two people who deserve a special mention for their service.One poolside attendant would actually lay out our towels on our preferred beds before we had even got to the pool and bring us drinks and our preferred newspaper.The recommendations from reception for dinner were also very good,La Maison Arabe around the corner from the hotel is simply beautiful and the food is incredible.

The location is also great.About ten minutes from the Square and a short walk from the new city(though there really isn't much to see there,it is much more fun in the Medina!).

There are some small teething problems-the gym wasn't in full working order when we were there.The only running machine was broken and the powerplate machine was broken.Not a massive deal as you are on holiday,but if there is a gym it is nice if it is in working order!

My visit to the hairdresser wasn't a particularly luxurious experience,but at £15 for a haircut I don't suppose I can really complain!

Finally,the air conditioning could have been better.On some days it was cooler outside than in our room.

These things are really very minor though and I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Madam, Mister

Thank you again for writing your last comments about Naoura Barriere Hotel.

Myself and my team are very proud your stay was successfull.
We still have works on service basics to be perfect and your comments will be used for our staff.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed a week in August 2011. The staff was most efficient & super friendly. The Junior suite I stayed at was like a princess's room with huge closet space, 2 bathroom with giant bath & all mirror etc.. Gorgeous food at the restaurant & superbly clean pool. Fabulous service all around. Amazing time. X

• Stayed October 2011
ThomasGILLE, Directeur Adjoint at Hotel & Ryads Naoura Barriere, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Madam,
Thank you again for writing your last comments about Naoura Barriere Hotel.

Myself and my team are very proud your stay was successfull and such enjoyable.
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I couldnt agree more with the comments made by the previous reviewer; this hotel is amazing! My family and I stayed here for 7 nights and enjoyed our stay immensly. We have travelled the world but have very rarely experienced such a warm welcome as when we arrived at the Naura Barriere 9pm on 18 July. Service in all areas was excellent. The staff stayed in the background but had a professional knack of knowing when assistance was required - this is an art form which this hotel excelled at. The food in the French restaurant was good and equivalent to UK prices. Drinks at the bar where a little pricey but were accompanied by a mini feast of gorgeous nibbles. The welcome drink, which we decided to have on our final evening was a lovely surprise as my husband and I indulged in fabulously decorated cocktails - delicious! The breakfast was simply 'amazing', especially when delivered to the room and eaten on the balcony. incidentally we were very grateful to have been allocated one of 2 rooms in the hotel with a luxury balcony. The additional outdoor space was a wonderful surprise, immensley appreciated and added greatly to our enjoyment - thank you Nauura Barriere for the gesture! In ending, I would add that I am not often moved to writing public reviews, preferring to comment to the hotel personally, however as an avid user of tripavisor, I believe this hotel should be openly congratulated for offering quality, excellent service, wonderful, peaceful surroundings, good food, excellent location and a wonderful team of people pandering to your every need. Stay here during your trip to Marrekesh; you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: As the hotel is of such a high standard, I would summise all rooms would be of a good calibre, so th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Arnaud B, Directeur général at Hotel & Ryads Naoura Barriere, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you again for writing your last comments about Naoura Barriere Hotel & Ryads in Marrakech. Myself and my team are very proud your stay was successfull and such enjoyable. That is exactly what makes our daily job enjoyable when our guests feel confortable with our product and the service we deliver.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

We are currently staying at the hotel and having read the review from 8th June I feel compelled to make clear a few points.....(writing this appreciating that the previous points raised may have been an issue at the time, but are not issues anymore)

1. Pool staff are amazingly attentive and in fact it feels rude letting them run around so much! this afrernoon Ishal (apologies but caught a glimpse of name tag) pre-empted my girlfriend and I no longer being in the sun and offered us new towels and moved us to a perfect spot to get an extra hour tan time! Another member of staff even moved heaven and earth for another guest, but too long to explain!

2. no clocks in room? its a holiday, wear a watch or just turn the television on

3. expensive food... yes, slightly but it is a .high end hotel... the food is fantastic.... within 5 mins walk you have the square with plenty of low budget eateries if that is your.preference.... we also ate there and food is good and cheap....

4. Breakfast is to die for, all perfectly presented and if required delivered to your room (4 mornings in and breakfast in room every day)

will write full review on return.

to summarise..... stay here if you are thinking of visiting Marrakech

The place is amazing!

Room 12

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Mrs, Dear Sir,
Thank you again for trusting Naoura Barriere Hotel & Ryads in the center of La Medina Marrakech.
Your comments are very motivating for our team in order to maintain and improve the level of services we deliver but also in order for us to make our guests feel confident with our resort.
We stay at your disposal for your next trip in Marrakech, the city of lights.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Just returned from a five day break in marrakech and we stayed in naoura barriere hotel. This hotel was very clean, staff were really friendly and helpful and the location was perfect, close to the sqaure and other tourist sites. Breakfast was really nice and you can get it bought up in you room til 12pm which really was ideal for me and my husband as we would stroll in very late some nights so it would have been difficult for us to wake up so early and go down for breakfast. The hotel bar food and restaurants food is excellent lovely hotel all round. Would definetly go back.
N.verma

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you again for trusting Naoura Barriere Hotel & Ryads in Marrakech. Your comments are very important for me and my team since we try to deliver the best to satisfy our guests every day.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in the future in Marrakech the city of lights where everything is amazing....... There are so much to discover again and again.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We have just returned from a family holiday 31st May 2012 to 7th June 2012.
Things I disliked about this hotel:-
The rooms have no clock, teat & coffee making facilities, flannels. Although there were three of us in the room, only 2 hand towels and 2 small bottles of water were provided each day.

There is no where to eat in this hotel after 6pm at night except for the very expensive resteraunt. or room service. The bar does does not serve food after 6pm.

The breakfast is served in the Wardya Resteraunt whish is outside! Every morning we arrived at breakfast to find the birds pecking at the bread and the trays of meats and fruits covered with flies, these were so dense that they were not deterred by us waving our hands and trying to shoo them away. This surely has to be a serious health implications and sure enough by the third day I had a stomach upset.

The hotel does not have any English Btreakfast tea - so be advised to take your own.

The pool side service was atrocious - One morning, I was one of the first to arrive around the pool & sat on a sunbed. The two pool attendants sat on chairs on the opposite side of the pool and occasionally looked in my direction. After approx 5 mins I shouted across the pool "would it be too much trouble for one of you to bring me a towel"? only at this point did they manage to get out of their chairs. On two occasions we came to the pool late in the day (after playing golf) and they had run out of towels - we had a 10 min wait whilst they went and got more.

The service in the bar was lacking. On Tues 5th I went to the bar and ordered a club sandwich together with a small bottle of water. The water was given to me in a bottle, no glass & no ice, I ate my sandwich whilst having to drink out of the bottle!

Leading Hotels of the World state that the Wardya Restaurant is reserved for Hotel guests, on two occasions during our stay this restaurant was closed to guests because the hotel had a conference going on. LHW also states that this hotel is smoke free, there are no areas in this hotel that are smoke free, smoking is permitted everywhere!

Things I liked about this hotel: The location is ideally located withing walking distance to the Souks & Gueliz. The rooms are decoated nicely. The hotel reception and concierge staff and services were second to none, very helpful.

I would not stay at this hotel again due to the serious health implications with breakfast food being left outside. Also head office would need to invest more time & money in training the pool, breakfast & bar staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ThomasGILLE, Deputy Manager at Hotel & Ryads Naoura Barriere, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Mrs BANKS,

Following your stay at the Naoura Barriere Marrakech, you were kind enough to send us some detailed comments about your experience. Your comments are extremely important as they provide a motive for continuous improvement.

My staff and I have taken note of all things you disliked about the hotel as well as things you liked. We have made a very detailed review about your lack of satisfaction concerning your experience in our hotel.

Please be sure it is a very unusual experience since we do have regular training within the staff. As member of the Leading Hotels of the World, we do have also regular quality review to keep high the standards of service.

We apologize for the level of quality at our hotel wich did not live up to your expectations. We are taking measures to ensure this does not reoccur and we expect we will have the pleasure of seeing you again.

Best regards,

Been to Hotel & Ryads Naoura Barriere? Share your experiences!