“A TRULY BEAUTIFUL PLACE IN EVERY WAY!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zamzam Riad

Save Saved
You added Zamzam Riad to your Saves list
Zamzam Riad
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   107, Rue Kaa El Machraa, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #23 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“A TRULY BEAUTIFUL PLACE IN EVERY WAY!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

We booked Riad ZamZam for my friends Hen weekend and we all had the most amazing time. It was a truly wonderful place in every way. Everything was perfect - the rooms were beautiful and the beds the most comfortable I have ever slept in . The riad itself was stunning and had plenty of places to relax and lounge around and there was a spa where I had an fabulous massage. The food was delicious and better than the restaurants we ate in and the owners Emma and Marcus and staff made us feel so so special. They were one in a million!!

I have never stayed in a more wonderful place before and wouild reccommend it to anyone.

410 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

This is my second stay at Zamzam, which should tell you that my first one was wonderful. In fact, it was so wonderful that I brought 12 friends with me and booked out the entire place.
After the first time I returned, I got so many comments like, "Ohh Morocco -- I've never been there. How exciting!" So I knew what I had to do for my 30th birthday. The planning stage was about 6 months long, with Emma and me exchanging literally hundreds of emails. She was, just like the last time, so responsive with both information and recommendations. I know I could never have pulled off getting 12 other people co-ordinated without her. We even took a quick journey to Essaouira, which she organized all the transport for.
Once we arrived, it was the paradise I remembered. All my friends kept remarking on the beautiful decor and bespoke finishing touches that really make Zamzam a cut above other riads. And that was before even a single glass of wine we had on the roof, overlooking the Atlas mountains.
The stay itself was just wonderful. After an afternoon at Nikki Beach (Sex and the City fame -- definitely recommend it), that first night we ate at the riad, and Emma got a belly dancer and some local musicians to play for us. She even baked me a birthday cake! The food was delicious as always and it was a wonderful evening.
The next day we took a tour and had a hammam and gomage, then massage (also totally organized by Emma). Both were wonderful. Finally on the last day we had a cooking lesson, complete with recipe print-outs. It was just amazing.
Overall, I can't recommend this experience enough. There are so many riads to select from, but (from emailing many my first trip) none was as responsive and helpful as Emma; and once we arrived none of the pictures of other riads I had seen held a candle to Zamzam's beauty.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

My three-day stay at Zamzam Riad was honestly the best, most hospitable holiday I've ever had, and I've travelled far and wide. The riad is gloriously authentic in it's design, with 21st styling, I had the best sleep ever, v quiet, and the most gorgeous food. Everyone who works at the riad is lovely, and it's set over three floors with a central courtyard. I love my shopping (along with other 16 friends) and the furnishings gave me great inspiration for some wonderful bargaining in the souks "slippers and poufs" recommended. If you are a cat lover there are many roaming free, and the kittens.... SO gorgeous.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

I arrived at Zam Zam with a group of hens (17 girls to be precise). Walking into the hotel you filled me with delight it was beautiful. Very traditional but also very sleek and modern at the same time. The pool which I think is decoration had rose petals floating in it so each detail is really thought about, making it a luxurious 5 star experience. The service was excellent and what amazed me was the staff knew my name and remembered my dislikes and likes in food and drink within one day! We arranged for dinner on the saturday night and it was excellent far better than the food we had out! Each bedroom is unique very much like a boutique hotel meets a 5 star experience all with air con and beauty products and robes. (What was great was as there was 17 of us we got to see all the rooms!). Our room on the ground floor was gorgeous overlooking the court yard. The beds were very comfortable and I had no trouble sleeping. The location was a distance from the main square (half an hour walk) however it was an enjoyable walk through the souks. My favourite was having breakfast on the roof terrace enjoying the sunshine and my least favourite was the walk home though we did tend to get a taxi most evenings which was very cheap 40 dhs in a fiat (3 people) 100 dhs in a taxi organised by the hotel (7 people)

• Stayed May 2010
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

From the moment we arrived at Riad Zam Zam our Party of hens were treated like Princesses. The hospitality was second to none. By the end of our weekend I felt thoroughly spoiled. Our room was the perfect mix of traditional Moroccan craftsmanship and 21st century comfort with the odd beautifully restored French antique thrown in and I can honestly say that I slept better in my lovely room at Riad Zamzam than I have anywhere in the world. A truly special place.

Hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

We stayed at Riad Zam Zam for 5 days at the end of June 2010.
Having never been to Morocco before, it was an amazing experience and I am so glad we stayed within the Medina therefore truly experiencing Marrakesh's sights & sounds but with the ability to retreat within the gorgeous Riad Zam Zam walls.
The Riad itself is beautifully decorated with many very efficient, helpful & friendly staff. Bedrooms are all unique with amazing bathrooms, the beds and all other items within bedrooms were of v high quality and luxurious!!
The food & wine was delicious and plentiful. The breakfasts included pancakes, omlettes, breads, fruit, yoghuts, mint tea, coffee so I don't understand the previous negative review about this.
Emma and Marcus were fantastic hosts with a wealth of knowledge about Marrakesh, its history, culture and general goings on.
I am already going back to Riad Zam Zam in September, this time with my husband as it was such a memorable and special place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

I'd been to Marrakech 10 years ago, so I was expecting a level of 'make do' and mayhem from my experience then... well, Marrakech has grown up quite a bit! And the Riad ZamZam is a hidden diamond in the old Medina: the owners (who will happily cater to your every whim) have restored the building with sympathy, elegance and novelty. Bedrooms are all individual in style with full air con & beautiful toiletries and furnishings, the hammam and massage arranged are exquisitely pampering, and the central courtyard around an ancient palm tree adds a focus on nature in the heart of the city. If you book the yoga retreat you'll find it hard to believe that you can do so much in 4 days - a full relaxation programme, yet also trekking in the stunning Atlas mountains, tours of the medina and a tagine cookery course - the delightful staff are very happy to share some insider knowledge; a few words of french help here! So if you're looking for a terrific value spa experience with a twist, really I couldn't recommend it highly enough (and as an added bonus, I can nearly swing my leg around my neck... now - I'm sure that's going to come in handy sometime! ;-)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Zamzam Riad? Share your experiences!