“beautiful riad and fabulous cooking class” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zamzam Riad

You added Zamzam Riad to your Saves list
Zamzam Riad
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   107, Rue Kaa El Machraa, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #30 of 467 Hotels in Marrakech
Los Angeles, California
“beautiful riad and fabulous cooking class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I had the pleasure of attending a fabulous cooling class at the Zamzam riad on my recent trip to Marrakech. We shopped in the nearby market for our ingredients and made the most amazing multiple course meal. The zalouk and briouattes were the best I had in Morocco. . . Emma, the owner of the riad, was so friendly and full of information during our visit. Zamzam itself was absolutely gorgeous with the most amazing lights and decor and every detail was perfect. It was a beautiful place to spend the day and I am sure would have been an amazing place to stay.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Have recently returned from celebrating my 40th birthday at Riad Zam Zam with 12 friends for 3 nights. We all had a superb weekend and three weeks later everyone is still talking about the experience. Having looked at many places in Marrakech online, we decided on Zam Zam as Emma's correspondence prior to our visit was excellent and was great at giving information,advice and ideas for our weekend. Transport had been arranged for us by Emma and were picked up at the airport and promptly taken to Riad Zam Zam. Just a short walk through the narrow streets we were lead down an alley way to a large door and as it opened it revealed a serene oasis. The decor was stunning and as we made our way through the entrance hall past the Haman pool to the central courtyard where we met by Imane the manager and some glasses of mint tea. We were then given our rooms and each one was beautiful, everyone had en suite and the decor was tasteful and authentic. My girlfriend and I were lucky enough to stay in the Palm suite which was gorgeous with handcrafted lamps a huge kingsize bed and large walk in shower. After a freshen up it was drinks on the roof terrace served by Faysal whilst overlooking the snowy peaks of the Atlas mountains and views across the city rooftops.
The Riad is situated in the North part of the Medina which was very quiet and not touristy at all so you had a real feel of living in the Medina surrounded by local residents, but close enough to the action. It's in easy walking distance of the Souks and Ben Youssef Mosque. Faysal was our guide and walked us to dinner one evening then collected us at midnight then took us to the nightlife in Gueliz. He was also good enough to stick around until the early hours to make sure we all got our taxis home, thanks again Faysal. All the staff at the house were brilliant and really pulled the stops out for my birthday celebration. Moroccan BBQ in the courtyard decorated with carpets, rose petals and cushions to sit on the floor. The icing on the cake was quite literally the icing on the cake as Emma had made me a huge chocolate birthday cake, which was work of art (talented lady) and was a shame to eat, but had to of course.
Thank you to Marcus, Emma, Faysal, Aziz, Imane and all at Zam Zam for a fantastic and memorable weekend at your beautiful Riad, I can't wait to go back.
p.s the in house Hamam is very good too, i had a 30 min hamam and 1 hour massage perfect after a day in the souks.

Windsor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Have just returned from 2 nights here. We found Marcus, Emma and Faisel extremely helpful (and honest) both before and during our trip. We were a little apprehensive before coming to Marrakech, particularly about the difference in 'culture'. I found a trustworthy friend in all three which helped no end in all the arrangements and questions we had. The Riad really does feel like a home- albeit a rather glamorous home, with the convenience and comfort we needed to make our break feel as relaxed as possible. We should also say as well that we had the best meal of the entire week cooked for us in the Riad on the first night. There has been a bit said about it's location in previous reviews- it's true it is near the top end of the Medina but taxis can be caught 5 minutes away and they have come up with an ingenious solution to finding your way back through the winding Medina streets that proved fool proof every time!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

I love this place from the cooking to the relaxed feeling that I had here. The food was great And all the people that worked there were great . I would definately stay there again every time I go to Marrakech

• Stayed May 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Dear Riad Zamzam
Just a note to thank you for fantastic time in a spectacular setting celebrating little Brothers Birthday.
As perfect hosts you really made the weekend extra special and so glad you joined us for a glass on the day.
Not really knowing where we were going as he kept it a secret from us it was just as much a thrill for us as it was for him.
Typical nervous Brits walking up the alleys from the taxi we were wondering where the destination was.
Greeted by the charming Imane cast aside any doubt on what a truly great place we had entered.
Imane, Feisal, Aziz and crew are an absolute credit to you.
Your chef and waiting staff work very hard indeed and the place could not function in its capacity without any of them.
They could not do enough for us and like most of us it’s not a case of if but when we make a return visit and to see a bit more of the Country, not just confined to few days alcohol fuelled Souk wandering.
Marrakesh Reunion is a must!
And for Mrs Feisal yes he only had 2 beers – sans alcohol! What a host! I’m so glad he enjoyed the night as much as we did and probably felt the same effects of dancing as us though not as much as some of our Party did.
Sincere Apologies if I have spelt any names wrong but as I heard in Laurence of Arabia ‘’Allah favours the Compassionate’’
Till the next time.
Best Wishes
Many Thanks
(Big Brother!)

Room Tip: The Hamam treatments are a must. Walking from the Taxi gets you accostomed to the Marrakesh feel pr...
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I stayed at ZamZam as part of a group recently, so not having booked it myself (and normally being a bit of a control freak!) I wasn't sure what to expect of my first trip to Marrakech. I had nothing to worry about! The whole experience was amazing. I felt so well looked after - Emma, Marcus and their staff are all so lovely. I have to mention Faisel, as he personally escorted our group to restaurants/bars in the evening, even giving up his night off to make sure we didn't get lost in the warren of Medina! The food prepared by Zamzam, both in the evenings and breakfast was excellent. The rooms, and indeed all the public areas, were tastefully decorated in the traditional Moroccan style, and we had the best bathroom with a huge spa bath/shower. Really nice complementary toiletries, bathrobes, etc as well. Huge room and comfy bed so I slept very well. I booked myself in for a massage, which was very relaxing and good value too - much better than the equivalent at a UK spa. The roof terrace was my favourite place. A shady corner to relax with cocktails, or sunbeds to catch some rays. Very happy memories, and I didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: Rose Suite - on the ground floor, but has the best bathroom
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Every once in a while you find yourself somewhere so special, surrounded buy such wonderful people, that your heart breaks a little when it comes time to leave. Riad ZamZam is such a place. Emma and Marcus are the perfect hosts and their warm and friendly staff helped to make our stay exceptional. Thank you all for a perfect long weekend.

The Riad itself is an oasis of calm set a away from the hubbub of the Souks. The rooms are beautiful and the common areas tastefully designed for relaxation and socialising. The food was authentic, vibrant and fresh. I could go on, but you get the idea, I really liked it.

I'd love to come back, but fear if I do, I may never leave :-)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Zamzam Riad? Share your experiences!