“Forget it.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #924 of 1,031 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Killiney
“Forget it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Disaster. Dirt around. Noise until late night because of people living there or visiting them. Noise in the morning because of cats. Smell cats urine. Very poor breakfest. Air condition in the toilet so you can't feel it in the room. Bugs. Bedding used by previous guests. Pictures just show riads condition maybe 100 years ago.

• Stayed August 2013

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I normally don't write a bad reviews but this place totally deserved it.
I booked this place for 3 night but as soon I walked in i knew I didnt want to stay there for 3 nights.

For start the Riad has to differentes names, VERY EXTRANGE, from the from door is called Riad J'DDI and for the back door is called Raid Abla.
Off course that make even more difficult to find the place.

The moment you step inside the place can smell cat urine, not a place that make feel very welcome.
The person who was in reception at that moment was VERY RUDE, and very inefficient. I said to him that I just going to stay for two night, and I wanted to pay with my card. And he said they don't accept card, when on the web site said they do it.
After some "talk" I was able to pay with my card and pay for two nights.

I payed a room for my own, but he recommend to me to leave nothing valuable on the room!!!!
What can of place is that!!

The room floor was full of carpet, I had never seen a carpet so dirty, I was wearing my flip-flop all the time.

I didn't spent to much time there and I didnt even bother to tried the breakfast. I can't eat in a place which smell like a public toilet. but the short time I was there nobody was in reception, it was kind a empty place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

It is hard to reach this Riad.
The toilet is like public toilet.
Water turned cold half way bathing.
I booked for 2 nights but changed to 1 night and got into another riad.
The place lost its charm and quite run down.

But I have to be fair. I am speaking for the room on level 1. Dont know about the other room on second level. I saw few people staying there so probably they have better room.

Room Tip: Probably you can try to view the room first and upgrade.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We visited this Riad (2 women) in November 2012 and must say enjoyed it. The beds however were very uncomfortable and the pillow too, but not a prob slept on top of covers and folded my jacket for a pillow. The Riad was very clean and welcoming. Breakfast was breads, honey, tea, coffee and milk. The bathroom was small but big enough to use. The area of the Riad was in a busy area and could be a bit daunting on your first visit but was absolutely fine with the small shops close by to purchase any necessities. I would not hesitate to recommend this Riad for a short stay at all. We paid £56 for 2 people for 3 nights - Bargain! You get what you pay for, but I believe this Riad certainly gave us value for money. Shame about the bed/pillow tho.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor bedroom a large 5 bedded room even though only 2 of us.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Kendal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Spent three nights here, three nights too long ! This was obviously a beautiful place a long time ago, but very poorly maintained, if at all. My room was on the roof just under the terrace, not the place to be if you wanted an early night. The toilet and shower were only seperated from the three bedded room by an old tatty piece of plastic. No wardrobe or anywhere to store anything.The bedding was stained, thankfully I had a sleeping bag. The 3 inch cockroaches seemed to like the place though ! Breakfast was poor, bread, honey, butter and a flask of coffee. Do not be fooled by the photographs, even mine, of the main building, look great. Those who wrote all the good reviews obviosly did not stay in my room.

Room Tip: Go to another Riad
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
sussex, uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Having stayed in a grubby riad before we went to Essaouria we thought we would find better accomodation.on our return to Marrakech. The photos and reviews were good but this was incredibly grotty, bathroom unspeakable and breakfast consisted of cold coffee, bread and honey. Although obviously once a beautiful building it has evidently been decades since last cleaned or maintained! Don't stay here......

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Very good and quiet location.
I loved everything about this Riad.
I stayed here before,just over a year ago, and it was very lovely to see this delightful place again.
The approach alley is now restored and the friendly welcome awaits from the manager
The riad is located in the medina and 05 minutes from the Djem el Fna square.
Very friendly assistants of the RIAD.
You can organize locally in the RIAD any day trips.
Highly recommended,
love again.

Room Tip: The room in the terace.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Jddi? Share your experiences!