“Very solid meal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Earth Cafe Marrakech

Earth Cafe Marrakech
N 2, Derb Zawak, Riad Zitoun Kedim, Medina, Marrakech | Medina, Marrakech, Morocco
212 660544992
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #114 of 602 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Vegan
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business, Families with children, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Vancouver
“Very solid meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I'm not a vegetarian, but I tend to avoid meat where I can, so this was an appealing option for my dinner one night in Marrakech! After a lot of tagine and couscous, this was a welcome change.

I got some sort of phyllo pastry with pumpkin and goat cheese and it was very tasty. I just wish it was a bit hotter. Price was fine, I think I paid something like 100 dirham for the meal and a drink.

Atmosphere was nice, comfy chairs, and a nice upstairs area.

I didn't think that it was hard to find, the one I went to was well-signed and right off a main street out of the square.

Definitely would recommend this if you're looking for something a little different.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very chilled, nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I really enjoyed the Earth Cafe, I was there twice during my short stay in Marrakesh. As a vegan Marrakesh can be a bit of a challange in terms of getting some variety in food and I was really glad to finbd somewhere to have some decent vegan dishes.
The lace is pretty hard to find, buried in the medina, but once there the atmosphere is very friendly and informal.
The prices were more than reasonable and the food was always accompanied by a smile.
Would go again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, UK
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Nice to see some unique food options within Marrakech! Visited for lunch and chose from a reasonable selection of vegan/vegetarian options. Food tasted excellent, great portions, beautifully presented. Staff were welcoming and friendly.

Recommended for when the tagines are getting too much. The orange paint inside might take some getting used to though!

Visited January 2014
Aldeburgh, United Kingdom
“A Vegan Delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Although the service is not the best the food is. Our first night in Marrakesh we found this restaurant through the souks and was not disappointed.

If you are a vegetarian or vegan do not miss this experience.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“DISGUSTING FOOD. AVOID!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Firstly, let me say this review is being written by both a lifelong vegetarian and a lifelong meat eaters, so I feel both of our opinions can cater for anyone.

As a vegetarian, I struggled A LOT to find food in Marrakesh. Unless you want tangine or cous cous for every meal - you are pretty much screwed. So when I discovered this place on trip advisor and saw the high reviews I was very excited.

The place itself, is not anything to write home about. The decor is very shabby but I was there for food, not decor. We both ordered different dishes. When they arrived they looked to be presented in an "ok enough" manner. When we tried it, I can safely say it was the most disgusting vegetarian food I have ever eaten. It tasted like cardboard that had been spiced in weird herbs and left out for a whole day to go soggy.

My meat eating friend also did not like his food. And as a vegetarian, I have taken meat eating friends to many vegetarian meals who have enjoyed it. I have NO idea how this place could be so highly recommended or even received an award. I can only deduce that the people writing great reviews were drunk at the time or all friends of the owners. Even thinking of the taste of that food makes me feel like puking - THAT is how bad it was.

It was a complete rip off too, for what it was. A meal of "slop" cost about £10 per person. Best AVOID this place altogether!

• Visited January 2014