“Not what you think” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Earth Cafe Marrakech

Earth Cafe Marrakech
N 2, Derb Zawak, Riad Zitoun Kedim, Medina, Marrakech | Medina, Marrakech, Morocco
212 660544992
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #108 of 582 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
“Not what you think”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I so wanted this to be a hidden gem of amazing vegetarian experience... Instead it was a bit dinky, fairly run down and definitely lacking vibe (and vibe overflows in Marrakesh!).
We went there at about 8pm on a Sunday, so perhaps the time had an impact?

The food was fine. Simple, tasty, using fresh ingredients from what I could see in the tiny little kitchen. If you are looking for straight forward vegetarian food this will be fine.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Marrakech, Morocco
“Great veggie fare in a cute little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

As a vegetarian, this place was a real find for me. They serve great value veggie and vegan meals that are delicious. Staff are really friendly too. Don't expect palatial surroundings - it's shabby chic but that adds to the charm. We had a couple of evening meals there and each one was great. As others have said, it's tricky to locate but it's very close to the main market and souks so is in a good position.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochester
“Good alternative for when you're bored of veggie tagines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This place was a little difficult to find, and as others have said, you need to make sure you go to the correct Earth Cafe as there is another that serves meat. If you enter Jemaa El Fna with the souks in front of you, go off to the right into a small street with lots of restaurants, about halfway down there is a small passage off to the right with a sign for Earth Cafe.

When we arrived we were the only diners. The staff were very attentive and the food came out quickly. We sat in front of the only fan in the place. The restaurant itself is very orange and has a cosy, relaxed feel to it. The menu is written up on the wall in English and in French. There are 9 dishes to choose from. My boyfriend and I both had filo pastries - there are two types so we had one of each and split them. They were both very tasty and I would recommend either. Plenty of veg with them both also (too much for me to eat). My son had the noodles which didn't taste amazing and had too much pumpkin for his taste. Not awful but not brilliant either. The fresh juices were delicious. We did plan to go back for a second meal but didn't get round to it. Very reasonably priced. Would happily recommend to friends. Staff were excellent and spoke very good english.

London, United Kingdom
“Delicious veggie food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had lunch two days in a row at Earth Café. I’m vegetarian but it was my carnivore boyfriend who insisted we go back the second time (!). The café itself is very casual and comfortable rather than with an amazing interior or furnishings so I’d recommend it for lunch rather than dinner. But the food talks! The filo parcel with roast vegetables, ricotta and orange/cinnamon dressing is to die for. And the juices are lovely and fresh too – we had the carrot/orange/ginger and the beetroot/orange/ginger.

Highly recommend – even by my avid carnivore boyfriend!

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Great alternative to cous cous and veggie tagine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was getting fed up eating veggie tagine and cous cous and was looking for somewhere with an alternative menu when we found this place on Tripadvisor. Takes a bit of finding and you need to beware as there are a couple of copy cats out there which are not affiliated with the real restaurant (there is another real one in Essouira though). While the real one is very close to El Badi Palace, there is also a fake one quite close to there also. Look at the pics on their website and make sure that's the one you go to. I had the pumpkin spring rolls with blue cheese, which was a veggie option and was delicious. I also had the beetroot juice which was tasty. My girlfriend had the vegan noodles (she is not vegan but wanted to try them) but felt they were a little tasteless. I did try some and had to agree they were lacking something.

The price is quite reasonable for freshly made veggie food and the place is nice, but could do with a fan or some AC. I gave it a 3 as we only had one good meal out of 2 so had to deduct some stars. Well worth a visit though if you are looking to try something different.