“Delicious veggie food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Earth Cafe Marrakech

Earth Cafe Marrakech
N 2, Derb Zawak, Riad Zitoun Kedim, Medina, Marrakech | Medina, Marrakech, Morocco
212 660544992
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #92 of 529 restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious veggie food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had lunch two days in a row at Earth Café. I’m vegetarian but it was my carnivore boyfriend who insisted we go back the second time (!). The café itself is very casual and comfortable rather than with an amazing interior or furnishings so I’d recommend it for lunch rather than dinner. But the food talks! The filo parcel with roast vegetables, ricotta and orange/cinnamon dressing is to die for. And the juices are lovely and fresh too – we had the carrot/orange/ginger and the beetroot/orange/ginger.

Highly recommend – even by my avid carnivore boyfriend!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
  • Polish first
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Great alternative to cous cous and veggie tagine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was getting fed up eating veggie tagine and cous cous and was looking for somewhere with an alternative menu when we found this place on Tripadvisor. Takes a bit of finding and you need to beware as there are a couple of copy cats out there which are not affiliated with the real restaurant (there is another real one in Essouira though). While the real one is very close to El Badi Palace, there is also a fake one quite close to there also. Look at the pics on their website and make sure that's the one you go to. I had the pumpkin spring rolls with blue cheese, which was a veggie option and was delicious. I also had the beetroot juice which was tasty. My girlfriend had the vegan noodles (she is not vegan but wanted to try them) but felt they were a little tasteless. I did try some and had to agree they were lacking something.

The price is quite reasonable for freshly made veggie food and the place is nice, but could do with a fan or some AC. I gave it a 3 as we only had one good meal out of 2 so had to deduct some stars. Well worth a visit though if you are looking to try something different.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
“Good to escape bland tagines for some flavour!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I really wanted to visit this cafe having read the reviews, but found it so difficult to locate on my first day in Marrakech due to the lack of street signs telling you where you are! On my last day I had more of an idea about the layout of the city and found signs for the Earth Cafe. It looks to be a little dubious, situated down an alleyway, but once you get inside you are pleased you went.
The decor is lovely, local style, with little nooks and crannies complete with seating. Would be lovely if you had gone as a family or group as you could be quite secluded.
There were a lot of different choices for veggies and vegans. I was hoping for some food in local style but with flavour (which I assume you got in other places if you chose meat based cous cous and tagines!) but the food here was more internationally based.
Service was good for Morocco, the juice was tasty and the portion sizes good. Based on UK prices it was reasonable, but a little bit more pricy than what you would get elsewhere in the Medina. Worth it, though, for a tasty, enjoyable meal at long last!

Visited August 2013
Los Angeles
“Cute Place but Disappointing Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My Rough Guide made this out to be much better than it was, although we may have ordered the wrong things. We had a noodle dish and a fried rice that were both mediocre and small portions. The beet juice I had was the best part of the meal. Service took a long time and didn't seem too attentive at all. I felt like this place was getting by because of the review in my book and the fact that there are so few vegetarian/vegan places in Morocco. If you go, get one of the filo dough dishes. Those looked much better than what we ordered.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Tasty, good value vegetarian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Earth cafe is centrally located and well signposted from Zitoun Kedim. I returned three times during my recent trip to Marrakesh as I found the vegetarian food elsewhere pretty disappointing. They serve generous portions of freshly cooked, crunchy veg topped with ricotta filo parcels, pumpkin spring rolls or veggie burgers.

Visited August 2013