“A hidden gem” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Earth Cafe Marrakech

Earth Cafe Marrakech
N 2, Derb Zawak, Riad Zitoun Kedim, Medina, Marrakech | Medina, Marrakech, Morocco
212 660544992
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #97 of 556 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We'd read about the Earth Cafe before leaving for Marrakesh so it was on our list of places to go however it took us a long time to find it! The easiest way to find it (in my opinion) is to look for El Waha Cafe on the South border of the Square and take the alleyway to the left of that. Keep going up that alley, further than you think and it is signposted up high.

Lovely, bright place but I do agree that a little sparse - some pictures/decorations would make it a bit nicer. Staff very friendly and the food was lovely. We visited twice and had a different meal each time and different juices which were all lovely. The only complaint that I would have is that the food isn't that hot when it is served and as the burgers contained rice I was a little concerned (this was unfounded though as we were fine!).

• Polish first
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The restaurant sells good food but the ambience is poor, well too minimal for me. It would take hardly any effort to put up a few lanterns and pictures and a few flowers on the tables to make the atmosphere better. I had a fab mixed juice with orange and ginger, yum. Go for a reasonable veggie meal but take a lantern/candle with you for your table!

Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
“Veggie foodie heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

As listed in (pocket) Rough Guide to Marrakech, well worth a visit. Delightful, interesting, reasonably priced food enjoyed by veggie and non veggies in our group. Described as "best meal of our stay". I had puff pastry with spinach and cheese (see picture), the salads and veggie burger were enjoyed as were the fruit juices/smoothies - particularly the beetroot. The orange paintwork contrasted beautifully with the sky. Small functional rooms were situated off the orange central area. The room felt a little cramped with a large low table and sofa type seating around the edge. We did think perhaps a little more decorative interest could have been made within each of the rooms - perhaps a theme and dining table and chairs? But the food more than made up for what less important negative points really.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
“Hit the spot, I will return on my next trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

A friend and I ate at the Earth Cafe four times in two days. The fresh vegetable dishes prepared with lots of flavor and the beet/ginger smoothies felt good! A pleasant counter measure to lamb tajine and many continental breakfasts. I loved the veggie "burger"; a grain patty on a bed of vegetables, no bun in site. Pumpkin appeared in most of the dishes I tried and was excellent. The staff were beautifully friendly and helpful.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“mmmm ok I guess”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The food is good I guess but I can't say I was impressed. Nothing very imaginative and certainly not anything you wouldn't find in Europe. And with the same prices as in Europe.