“Nice fresh juices & veggie dishes” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Earth Cafe Marrakech

Earth Cafe Marrakech
N 2, Derb Zawak, Riad Zitoun Kedim, Medina, Marrakech | Medina, Marrakech, Morocco
212 660544992
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #90 of 577 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
“Nice fresh juices & veggie dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Not very cheap...but a great taste..if fresh and not overcooked veggies is your thing...its the right place to go...for me I really don't like when all veggies are soft and mushy...I enjoyed the warm salad they had on the menu..and had a nice apple orange carrot and ginger juice :-)

• Polish first
Australia
“Went to Vegan/Veg Cafe in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We ate here almost every day. The menu is split in two, 4 vegetarian meals and 4 vegan meals, so not a huge range but enough.
Being vegetarian myself it was just the best to have somewhere you could go to which had options!
The food we had was really nice, no complaints here. I recommend the number 3 in the vegetarian menu. I also found their mint tea to be some of the best I've tasted in Morocco - proper mint leaves! Plus they serve the tea without sugar so you can sweeten to your own taste, which was heavenly.
The decor is basic but clean. They played 'cafe del mar' type music and it was a great place to escape to from the crowds.
Of course cost wise, compared to local food its a little more (mains are 60-70DM, tea for two 20DM) but I guess thats what you get for a 'specialty' place to eat.
The menu has an english version and staff also spoke english.
The only down side was the portions of the mains could be larger.
They also make fresh juices too.

I know there is another Earth Cafe called their Soup Kitchen, which is about 3 min walk away. Half the menu has chicken, the other vegetarian. I only visited but didn't eat there. The pricing is the same as the other vegan cafe. The seating area has less room than the vegan cafe. The atmosphere seemed better at the vegan cafe.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brussels, Belgium
“Inedible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Only now, after looking through the reviews in TripAdvisor, I realized that in fact there are several Earth Cafes in Marrakech. Apparently we were in the one that's near Dar Si Said museum (got so lost in the medina that didn't really know where we were exactly). I remember it was not 100% vegetarian. The dishes descriptions looked so exciting that we were quite enthusiastic to try. We had #5 and #7 of the menu, the burger was passable, but my dish with pumpkin was inedible. I'm not quite sure what was wrong with it - it felt undercooked, and maybe it was some special spice they put there, but it had a pronounced rotten taste. Besides, the goat cheese tasted so acid that I had serious doubts whether it was fresh or not. I need to say that the people who work there were very nice and gentle and they didn't charge us for my dish. I would just recommend them to double-check the quality of their produce before cooking.

Visited December 2012
Worldwide
“Great vege/vegan food in Clapham Junction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This new little cafe in Clapham Junction, London, is great. They have a great range of vege and vegan food. My dish was extremely tasty. Highly recommend.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ilkley
“delish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

ate here on last day of a weeks stay . Kids had had enough of tagine and tried this sceptically however it was totally delicious and made a change from tagine. Ate an enormous amount between us in a lovely quiet oasis right close to the madness of the main square

Visited December 2012