“best vego food in Marrakech” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Earth Cafe Marrakech

Earth Cafe Marrakech
N 2, Derb Zawak, Riad Zitoun Kedim, Medina, Marrakech | Medina, Marrakech, Morocco
212 660544992
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #117 of 585 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
London, United Kingdom
“best vego food in Marrakech”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I recently visited Morocco and was surprised to find it difficult to be served vegetarian food...until I came across this little gem :)
The range of food on the menu sounded amazing. Unfortunately I only made it here on my last night in Morocco but if I had found it earlier I would have been there every night.
The staff were very friendly and spoke english well. The menu was also in English and French.
The juices were fresh and in a large glass. The meals were also very big so you wont leave here feeling hungry.
The food definitely lived up to the statement they make about food straight from the earth to the plate.
Some of the tables could have been cleaned but I found that to be quite a problem in most eating places through out Morocco. Apart from that I would definitely recommend this vege/vegan place to fellow travellers.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“I'm not a vegetarian but loved the organic, fusion food served here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

After a while the tagines, couscous and tagines begin to be a bit dull. The earth cafe is worth a visit for one supper. Very cafe style and maybe a few quid more than other Marrakech sites but that is organic for you. No beer or wine but the beetroot and orange juice is grand. Go on you know you want to - even Jamie Oliver did.

Visited October 2012
“Alternative food, tasty and great service in a rustic location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I am quite shocked by some of the negative reviews on here but maybe they are more discerning veggie eaters than my partner and I.
We located this place quite easily just off one of the main souk streets of Jeema el fna (They have three restaurants one of which sells chicken as well as veggie dishes).
The decor is dated but cosy, the staff are very welcoming and speak English, Arabic and French.
Their menu is on the wall with nine dishes to choose from and a selection of drinks.
Niether my partner nor I are veggie but we enjoyed the spring rolls and the filo pastry with goats cheese, so much so we have been back 3 times and sampled most of the menu. We have taken arabic friends too who enjoyed it.
Yes the decor is a bit dated but for us the food is always really tasty and freshly prepared.
Two main courses, two desserts, two drinks and two coffees for under £20 as well!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Walsall
“For serious vegetarians only”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

How on earth did this place get itself a Trip Advisor Award? The Lonely Planet Guide mentions a small sunshine-yellow courtyard, but obviously we missed it! The café fronts on to a very narrow alleyway off a souk (a photograph is barely possible), from where one descends into a bit of a dive. The proprietors have made no attempt to make the place look inviting. There is no decor, and the dining area is approached from beside the kitchen area. Tables are plain, arranged round the walls, somewhat untidily. The cafe does not serve alcoholic drinks, and the second orange juice we ordered never arrived. To its credit, the food was OK, and the place lives up to its reputation of specialising in vegetarian and vegan food. We adjourned to the Kosybar for a beer, and wished we had eaten there instead.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bromley, United Kingdom
“Disappointing in all respects”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Although described as a vegetarian/vegan restaurant, it does serve a couple of chicken dishes. The chicken was tough. Menu very limited. Food was cooked fresh to order - I saw the filo pastry pumpkin and goats cheese parcels being constructed. However, outer layer was barely crisp, and internal layers soggy, bordering on undercooked. There were only 2 other diners when we arrived, but we had to wait a long time before the staff came to us to see what we wanted to order. They looked very efficient and professional in the kitchen area, which is between the two seating areas. Relentless 'trance/dance' music throughout visit. My party of six made a very hasty exit after seeing a mouse scamper across the bench seat opposite our table. Would recommend you avoid this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012