“Pool Use” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #409 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Pool Use”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We were staying at the RM up the road so only came here to use the pool. The place was deserted - didn't see any residents all day! Very peaceful! There is a supermarket next door for drinks and snacks

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
rabat
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Morocco and much of North Africa, Except Egypt and Mauritania are notorious for their lousy service, particularly at hotels, but this hotel is truly an exception. The price was very reasonable - almost shockingly cheap and the room was nice. They actually gave me the King Sized bed I asked for, unlike most hotels that insist on putting two twin sized beds together. The bed itself had somebody elses hair in it, but this was the only real negative. The staff was very accommodating and dare I say, you could even call them friendly! Again, this is shocking to me because of the regularly horrible service you get in Moroccan Hotels! I very highly recommend this hotel because it has an awesome location! It was very easy to get to, they actually gave me the wake up call at the right time both nights I stayed there and they even smiled at me when I came in and left. I am certain that I know where I will book the next time I go to Marrakesh. I wish they had hotels like this all over Morocco, if they did, they would put the other hotels out of business in no time.

Room Tip: This is a fantastic value as a hotel. Just don't eat there. When you go to Marrakesh, you should...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on 6 october and on 12 october on the 4th and the 5th floor.
The interior of the rooms and the hotel are dated and old fashioned and it would be time for a fresh decoration.
Service is poor and my impression is that it is a moneymaking touristplant.....
I tried a dish in the restaurant, brochettes of fish.....it was terrible.....
I payed 10 euro for a taxi from the airport, but had to pay 15 euro for a taxi from the hotel to the airport, while asking what is the difference, it was the extra costs for reservation of the taxi by the hotel, the staff said....easy earned money.....
My personal opinion is that this hotel is just another big building with a lot of rooms, but without warmth and heart....
I would not recommend it to my friends and asociates.
Keep looking and find a place where value for money is still the standard.

Room Tip: rooms are more or less the same, balcony with a view on the swimmingpool.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Benalmadena, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed here with my sister for two nights with a mixed coach party. We were unable to open the safe (left locked by a previous client, or so we thought). We had to ask three times in reception before anyone came to unlock it. It would appear that it is hotel policy, ie. to wait for client to ask to have it opened (strange policy!). I have travelled quite extensively in muslim countries, but found the reception and dining room staff were more surly to female customers than usual.
The buffet style food was adequate, but several items ran out before everyone was fed and asking for top-ups was met with much disgruntled, negative comments.
The bedrooms were acceptable, beds comfortable and there was sufficient hot water.
I would not stay here again and would not recommend the hotel to other tourists.

Room Tip: I agree with other reviews that a room overlooking the pool would be preferable to a street facing o...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
united kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

A group of us used this hotel for 3 nights.

I would have to agree with some of the other comments about this hotel's customer service or lack of it. When we arrived at the hotel our rooms were not made up. When we were eventually given keys to our rooms we were given road facing rooms when we had booked pool facing. One of the rooms still wasn't cleaned properly, shower wasn't working, no towels and door key wasn't working (had to ring reception and go down numerous times before this was sorted)

The breakfast was a joke, very poor choice and tables seemed to take ages to be cleared/cleaned. The Hotel is situated near to the train station and has a supermarket right next door but for anything else location isn't great. I personally wouldn't say this is a 4 star hotel.

On a plus note - If you can, do take a trip to Essaouira for its beach, fresh seafood and media. also tour Atlas mountains/Ourika Valley : )

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Lyttelton, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We have used many hotels worldwide, and in morocco, and are very aware of some of the shortfalls and pitfalls of mid range accommodation. You get what you pay for when you pay a cheap price. Well in this case, clearly not. The air conditioning in the room did not work. We were advised it would be fixed. 8 hours later on further enquiry, we were advised it would not be fixed. We were offered a room change " tomorrow" which was a very hollow offer for guests staying only one night. The daytime trmperature was mid 30 s and the night with no ac was hot. The walls are paper thin and we could hear everything from the room next door, which became more of an issue at 2am than it had been during the day. No pool towels - I asked and was advised they would be brought. 14 hours later I am still waiting. Service on check in rude and inefficient. It took over 5 minutes to even find our booking, and we weren't even advised where our room or any of the facilities were. The fitness centre was closed for the duration of our stay with no explanation. There were two umbrellas only at the poolside which both looked as though they had had a hard life. The breakfast was a joke - rude and inefficient service, broken chipped and dirty crockery, poor quality offering and uncleared tables. I'd suggest if you do stay here going to breakfast early when there is - presumably - a full selection of food left. The breakfast staff were not only inefficient but condescending and rude.
The building itself has cracks through it, inside and out, walls, ceilings and floors. Some of these look like structural cracks and are definitely more than superficial. The location us convenient to thd train stationbut otherwise terrible- rough and ready area by s main road and the train tracks. I could go on but my strong recommendation is to avoid this place for all of the reasons outlined above.

• Stayed June 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here for a week. Great hotel but you want to be in a pool facing room as the hotel is situated on a busy road which is quite noisy. We had half board and the food was varied and tasty. The staff were helpful and friendly. The hotel is close to the bus terminal if your planning to travel to Essouira (highly recommended). Also it has a supermarket next door which is convenient for snacks and beverages which are much cheaper than the hotel:)

Room Tip: Facing the pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ryad Mogador Gueliz? Share your experiences!