“What a pleasant change from Tajines” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 699 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London
“What a pleasant change from Tajines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was visiting Marrakech with a Moroccan-born friend and had two weeks of tajines so, finding myself on my own for an evening, I looked around Gueliz, the modern part of Marrakech, and came across Katsura. It serves Thai and Japanese cuisine and though I am no expert on either, I thought my Thai meal was really delicious. The restaurant is Japanese modern in style and divided into smoking and non-smoking. Inevitably the non-smoking is relatively small. There is a selection of Oriental beers as well as wine etc. The waiters, who both spoke English, were beyond charming.

• Visited January 2013

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Real good food & Relaxed atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We loved this place as we eat a lot of sushi back in birmingham, Eng. The decor is very modern japanese style, and the food was great! We had a board full of veggie sushi, rice and noodles between us and it was all lovely. The staff were friendly and helpful, and as we left, the doorman called us a petit taxi over so we could go home comfortably for a very good price. This is definitely a place we won't forget, as this is where my boyfriend proposed to me under candle light!!

scotland
“A liitle Gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

As lovers of Thai food we decided to give this one a try and were not disappointed.
Cosy cafe style restaurant, food excellent ,wine was good too! reasonable prices.
Well worth a visit.

Visited December 2012
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Great sushi and thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Visited with friends in December. The restaurant is a lot more casual than expected and the waiters were not very good at speaking English. However, the excellent sushi and noodles made up for this.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Preston UK
“A nice change”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Having worked in Marrakech for several weeks Katsura was recommended to me during my last week. This is a great shame as undoubtedly I would have been a regular here.
A modern venue and quite small the Katsura serves an excellent range of Japanese and Thai food. Prices are good and beer costs 28dh for a bottle of flag special.
I tried the lamb massaman curry which was very tasty and on another occasion tried the Pad Thai which again was very good.
It was nice to have a bit of spicy food. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited November 2012