“Great sushi and thai” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Great sushi and thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Visited with friends in December. The restaurant is a lot more casual than expected and the waiters were not very good at speaking English. However, the excellent sushi and noodles made up for this.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

80% Recommend
Preston UK
“A nice change”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Having worked in Marrakech for several weeks Katsura was recommended to me during my last week. This is a great shame as undoubtedly I would have been a regular here.
A modern venue and quite small the Katsura serves an excellent range of Japanese and Thai food. Prices are good and beer costs 28dh for a bottle of flag special.
I tried the lamb massaman curry which was very tasty and on another occasion tried the Pad Thai which again was very good.
It was nice to have a bit of spicy food. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Paris, France
“Its Thai and Sushi and Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We were not going to order Sushi as its really hot in Marrakech and at lease 300km to the nearest sea. We started with a fried rice with chicken. When that came we realised that this place was special. Oh it was just so delicious! Others had ordered Sushi so we asked the waiter if he could recommend something. He made us up a small order. When that came we were equally impressed. This place was on par with any western medium to high quality sushi place. The only down side was the menu being in French.. but then again its like that in some places in Paris so we can forgive them.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Faversham, United Kingdom
“If you want to eat Thai, eat here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The same goes for sushi , I know it's bad to crave something like this in marrakech , but it was worthwhile , it may look a bit canteen like , but it is not . The food is very very good, and equals any Thai or sushi we have had in London , maybe better than london

Visited October 2012
Barrowford, United Kingdom
“Amazing! Foodie highlight of Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend spotted this place when we were having lunch nearby early on in our holiday and as I like sushi and we both like Thai food we decided we would give it a go.

First impressions are very good as the building, decor and atmosphere are all very impressive. We didn't have a reservation but managed to get a table as it was quiet when we arrived but soon filled up. The menu is split in two (Sushi/Thai) and I opted to have a Suchi starter of California Rolls while my girlfriend ordered spring rolls.

A quick point we must include. We had read reviews before going and a vegetarian visitor who also didn't eat eggs pointed out they weren't awfully good with special dietary needs. This person may be pleased to hear that the waitress specifically asked us if either of us were allergic to eggs :)

The starters came quickly and whilst I was very impressed with my sushi my girlfriend's spring rolls were incredible!

For the mains we both had noodles (my girlfriend had vegetable noodles being vegetarian and I had chicken noodles) and they were both great. We split a desert of a trio of sorbets which were also up to the very high standard of the food that had already been set with what we had already had.

The total bill came to 400 dirham so about £32 for two starters, two mains and a desert with a half bottle of red wine and a couple of heinekens which was very very reasonable!

We were seriously impressed with this place and would recommend it to anyone in Marrakech!