“Fine but definitely not 4 star hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dellarosa hotel suites & spa

You added Dellarosa hotel suites & spa to your Saves list
Dellarosa hotel suites & spa
4.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   5 Avenue Moulay El Hassan, hivernage, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #81 of 203 Specialty Lodging in Marrakech
london
“Fine but definitely not 4 star hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

We've just came back from Marrakesh. We had a great time there. We booked Dellarosa Hotel as it is very close to Jemna el Fna as well as the modern part of Marrakesh. We were expecting a little bit more from a 4 star hotel. We travel a lot and we give Dellarosa 2 stars. Our room as most of the rooms in the hotel was small and bathroom didn't look finished. When we had a shower water was squirting all over the place as there was no glass or shower curtain to separate it from the rest of the bathroom. We booked transport from the airport to the hotel and I checked with them few days before arrival to make sure that sb will be waiting for us but we had a surprise as there was nobody at the airport so we had to take a taxi. The good thing was that we were offered a free transport to the airport. So that's OK. The staff was very nice. I had a massage that was very nice. We had breakfast included. Can't say that there was much choice and in 4 star hotel you really have a nice selection of food. We swam in a pool but it was really cold and the water was cloudy so you couldn't see the bottom of the pool. It had a strange smell as well.
The location as I mentioned before is fantastic. It takes around 10 minutes to walk to the main square. Generally I think that the hotel was OK but definitely not 4 or even 3 stars.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

I am quite well travelled, and really rather fussy. Before coming out to Marrakech I checked many many reviews, and settled for this hotel thinking that it would be good, central, clean and air conditioned. It was all these things and much much more!

We just got married and when we arrived 4 days ago just after midnight, tired from our flight, we were literally "wow-ed" by our room, flower petals on the bed, beautifully laid out, a bath had been run with rose petals in it, it took our breath away:)))

the room we had was room 30, and it was a suite, beautifully decorated and furnished, the staff were very friendly and did their best to help, always wore a smile, and when we did have a complaint, about unclear excursion operator literature NOT the hotel, the staff were very helpful. The general manager took on our feedback in a very constructive manner and said he would speak to the excursion operator.

I could not fault this hotel, the spa was amazing, u have to try the hammam jacuzzi and massage combination, at just 400dhs, it's well worth it!!

Room - was v clean, and something new to discover everytime we came back to it, from roses on the towels, to petals on the bathmat:)

I have heard from other travellers about the hotels where they are staying and bad service and no room by the pool, and lack of customer service, but this hotel is mto provide excellent individual service. It gets 100% from me, from arranging transfers from hotel til check-in, I am on day 5 and writing this review from wifi ( free ) in my room, I love it that much!

• Stayed August 2010
Svaty Jur, Slovakia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

The rooms are big and nice. bathroom is clean, but the shover is very small, we are both quite slim, but did't find it comfortable at all. and it looks like need a new one. The hotel is not far from medina, but you have to go through the street that is not very clean and quite dark. Breakfast is ok, but nothing special.
Personal was very helpful, they bought us the tickets for the bus to Essaouira for no charge, which was very nice.
the swimming pool is very tight, with very small solarium, thats why we didnt use it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

Prior to leaving UK I'd been in touch via email with the hotel regarding their shuttle service and booked this for transfer from the airport. Despite 2 reminder emails I never received confirmation that this was booked and was therefore slightly dubious when we arrived in Marrakech. Sadly, this was not waiting for us and we had to make our own way. Not a very good start but all this was forgotten once we arrived at the hotel because it was absolutely superb !!
The guy on reception at check in was so apologetic and couldn't explain what had happened. He was very friendly, professional and polite and we were checked in quickly. We were shown to our room by Mohamed, the porter, who was a lovely young man who took us on a guided tour of the hotel, which was very useful. Later that evening he recommended a restaurant to us which we couldn't find, returned to the hotel and he then took us there himself!
The room was small but adequate for 3 nights. The beds were extremely comfortable and I was surprised to see a duvet rather than blankets. Rose petals were sprinkled on the bed and in the bathroom, which was very very small but clean. There was a slight problem with the shower where as much water came from the back of the showerhead as the front but it was working fine.
Room had air conditioning and a safe, no charge for either. There was a flat screen TV on the wall with BBC world and a film channel in English. Our room faced the outside, rather than the atrium, so the view wasn't that good, overlooking private apartments, but the windows have nets as well as curtains ensuring privacy.
Breakfast was good. I've stayed in about 5 hotels in Marrakech now and must say this was the best breakfast. Plenty to choose from, tea/coffee/orange juice, cereals, fruit, yoghurt, bread rolls, toast, croissants, meat, soft cheese (wish they’d had normal cheese!). All sufficient to get you going for the day.
We ate the hotel restaurant one night, having just a pizza which was very disappointing. My friend's pizza was not very warm and my 4 cheese pizza was like cheese on toast! I ordered a crème brulee which was undercooked, cold and the sugar on top hadn't been cooked, it was like eating pure sugar. I sent this back and would have been happy for this to be cooked more but it never came back. They charged me for this, which I refused to pay. Whilst the restaurant manager hadn't been overly friendly, his attitude then went from bad to worse. The amended bill was more or less thrown on the table and our money was snatched away without even a thank you, which made us very reluctant to leave a tip. He never said a word to us as we left and we got the same cold reception at breakfast the next morning (thankfully he must have had 2 days off after that because he wasn't there and the lady covering breakfast was very polite and friendly).
Wireless internet connection is available and the hotel also has 2 computers for guests to use, free of charge. Internet connection was excellent and this was very welcome as we had to check our flights everyday due to the volcanic ash problem.
Sadly I didn’t make use of the spa but guests have 30 minutes free use of the jacuzzi and hammam. My friend had a back massage which she thoroughly enjoyed. The hotel has a pool but this is very small and the hotel seems to be built around the pool so it's not very private and doesn't seem to get much sun due to the hotel construction.
We had a late flight back and didn’t need to be at the airport until 6pm but the hotel stored our cases in a locked room and gave us the use of the showers and changing rooms in the spa to freshen up and get changed.
In terms of distance from Djemaa el Fna, it took us a steady 20 minute walk but there is a busy road to cross. This was ok because it wasn’t too hot but I wouldn’t like to do this on a very hot day as there is no shade on either side of the road. Taxi prices to the square varied. Most charged 20dh which is what the receptionist told us to expect to pay but on the meter, it cost us 10dh - although it was very difficult to find a taxi driver who was prepared to put the meter on.
We booked the hotel shuttle back to the airport which cost 150dh. It was a very comfortable air conditioned people carrier with blacked out windows and the driver spoke excellent English. We felt so bad that we hadn’t got any money left to tip the driver but assured him we would be back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

I stayed at the Dellarosa for three nights with my family. Upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and trendiness of the hotel. The Lobby and pathway to the rooms was something I expected to find in a French or Spanish boutique hotel. Even the room came with flat screen tv, modern bathroom, etc. However upon closer inspection the room fell short in a few key aspects. My main complaint was the quality of the bed. I requested a double room, but it was fitted with two single beds pushed together (which I have come to expect in my travels outside of the US). However the bed was not sturdy or comfortable and would move during the night. I was afraid each night of falling through the gap gradually created between the two beds. The bathroom also had signs of being unfinished, which did not bother me, but deviated from the initial classy presentation of the rest of the hotel. The positives however, included the hotel arranging for airport pickup and drop off at 150 dirhams each way (it certainly seemed a reasonable price and saved hassle of negotiating a taxi), as well as being conveniently located 10 minutes from the Medina and the Ville Nouvelle in either direction. The location was a major plus because we did not have to hassle with petit taxis even late at night. The hotel facilities are also worth mentioning. The entire hotel has free wirelss, which came in handy, as well as a small business center with two computers. I took a tour of the spa and fitness center as well, which were both well maintained. Also breakfast was included in our booking, which was a pleasant spread of European and Moroccan pastries, as well as scrambled eggs and Moroccan sausage. The spread was certainly a nice way to start the day and head off to the souqs. Overall I would not have a problem staying at the Dellarosa again, but would look into other comparable options as well.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Zagreb, Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

I recently staid with my group in this very friendly and modern hotel. The group was received with a nice selection of pastry and tea as a sign of hospitality. The hotel has excellent location, easy to walk and safe surrounding in the European section of Marrakech.The restaurant offers excellent Moroccan cuisine unlike other hotels where we are usually served a buffet dinner. Breakfast is good, could be better if offered more varieties of cereals for example. Rooms are all extremely spacey clean and especially convenient for triple rooms which were given an apartment with a small kitchenette.Most of them have a balcony.It is a nice 4 star with free internet service and even the pool, the attention given to the clients very personalized. I would recommend it not only for groups but also to individual traveleres on medium budget who like to stay in a nice place. There is a live piano music all the time, not only in the bar but in the hotel lobby. The staff very very attentive!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Stuttgart, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

Looking for another warmer place to escape the german winter, Marrakech was the decision.
Arrived with Royal Air Maroc from Paris Orly, no chance to agree a special fare at the airport, some kind of supervisor declined all offers, 150.- Dirhams, no question and no other driver was ok to bring the fare down.
Well, arrived at the hotel without further problems, located not far from the "Djemaa el Fna"
some 15 minutes to walk along the diesel smelly main road.
A friendly welcome a the desk, nearly no time to wait.
Mixed reviews here on TA, also my opinion.
My room was on the top floor, no. 4.
The lobby is more like a labyrinth than well signed, the walkway to the room good looking but everything with hard materials, that means very noisy, every step outside good to follow.
The room ok, but not perfect clean, some hairs in the bed and also in the bathroom.
Lots of things not really well fixed, for example it was impossible to close the door to the
balcony, helped myself with the chair in between , that fits.
It seems the hotel wasn´t full and I´am a good sleeper, at least till now, so no real problem here.
Breakfast was announced from 6.00 am, the restaurant was open, but not yet staffed and not everything there.
So only some breadroll´s and a cup of coffee, ok in the end, I dont need that much in the morning.
The door to the room beside was open when I´ve leaving mine and water leaked on the floor, also not the best impression.
No time to wait at check out, back to the airport by taxi again, much to expensive from my point of view, but ontime to catch my flight back to Paris-Orly.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo

Been to Dellarosa hotel suites & spa? Share your experiences!