This hotel uses the tag line "A few steps from the town centre" Having walked there and back I only wished that I could have inserted a thousand between few & steps. I emailed for a vehicle to meet us on arrival, like others nothing arrived so after haggling for the best price for a taxi we made our way to the hotel. After completing booking in procedures we are taken to our room on the third floor, the lift was just big enough for we two and our cases. The room was fairly large with a good size bathroom. Drawback in the bathroom was the height of the bath which was
2 feet to the rim, not much you may say but it also had limited space between the wall, the sink surround and the fixed glass panel on the edge of the bath, (take step ladder with you). The bar area was dismal and dark due to the profusion of national flags for the world cup and all curtains being drawn even though there was no sun penetration for most of the day. The Pool was small and very rarely saw any sun thus it was I was told freezing. The sun bed mattresses were stained and the tables and chairs had seen better days with some rust. The Roof Terrace was nothing to write home about, there were many tables and chairs in a similar condition and there was only one small sunshade by two sun beds. It would be impossible to remain there for more than a few minutes in the full force of the sun. Why they have a unused bar, and what are the showers for?
My final piece is left for the food, for the first two nights; the evening self service buffet was truly appalling, it was virtually inedible and the breakfast was not much better. They continually ran out of product (this did not matter whether you arrived at 8 or 10am) I lost count of the number of times that I had to ask for various items. The evening meal improved somewhat when they went over to a set menu for the rest of our stay, this we were told was because of Ramadan.They spent more time readying the tables for the next meal than looking at what was needed to be replenished. I leave my last scathing comment for the standard of the glasses and cups. Many of the cups were either cracked or chipped, the glasses were similarly chipped. At no time should they have been using them for service and should have been placed in a bin for disposal. It's one saving grace is its free WIFI which is the best I have used in any hotel around the world. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and feel sorry for anyone already booked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The dellarosa is located in the heart of the city, close to the shopping area and only five minutes walk from the ancient walls, the famous main square Jemma El Fna and the bustling souks. Blending the renowned Moroccan hospitality with international design and comfort,this luxury hotel is a haven in the city centre, the perfect residence to fully enjoy the Red City assets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Dellarosa hotel suites & spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dellarosa Hotel Suites & Spa Hotel Marrakech
- Dellarosa Hotel Suites And Spa