“Clean, covenient and functional” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Dellarosa hotel suites & spa to your Saves list
Booking.com Orbitz.com
Dellarosa hotel suites & spa
4.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   5 Avenue Moulay El Hassan, hivernage, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Marrakech
“Clean, covenient and functional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is a reasonably conveniently located hotel (5 minutes from the Medina) thought the taxi drivers don't know it. It's clean and our room (a suite) was perfectly fine, although the shower/bath arrangement was a little eccentric.
Desk staff were helpful and informative.
The restaurant is a little lacking in charm for an evening meal and the buffet breakfast is somewhat chaotic - it seemed that something had always run out - either one of the hot dishes, or the hot water, but there's plenty of nice bread available.
The bar is OK, but always had the TV playing, which spoils the ambience somewhat.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

642 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Mendoza
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I booked this hotel for a business event because of the non importance of luxury as I would only spend the night there.
In the webpage its very nice presented. Knowing that cheaper hotel can't offer the same service and amenities I didn't expect a wow experience but a fair one.
Unfortunately when I entered the room it was very badly cleaned and I went to the reception and asked politely to clean the dirt of the former guest.
When I went back 1 hour later nothing was cleaned.(fingerprints everywhere, on shower, sticky floor, used bodylotion, long black hairs, ugly flies came up the hole of the sink.). I didn't want to bother more as I was busy for the event. Service was ok, frontdesk was very passive. I wasn't motivated to try the Hammam thinking it won't be very hygienic. Short summary: This hotel was simply disappointing. Maybe I just had bad luck and got the worst room. Sorry I can't recommend the hotel and I hope it was an exception.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel back in July this year. I picked this hotel based on location and pictures of their rooms and hotel. Sadly I was very disappointed with several things at the hotel. Staff were helpful and friendly and location is a nice change from staying in the Medina but the poor design of the hotel and the standard of food was a let down. The pool is tiny, located on the ground floor it is unfortunately overshadowed by the building so in the shade constantly. After staying in riads with wonderful compact roof top pools I found this very disappointing. The breakfast selection was poor and repeated every day. I was advised that there was no mint tea available at breakfast! Roof top terrace was almost unbearable - no towels provided, no staff to serve drinks at the bar and metal beach chairs that were piping hot to touch. Needless to say I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

He stayed at Dellarosa during August. This was a family trip and we had a family suite.
Overall, it was a great experience. Our rooms were very clean, the bathrooms were in great condition, and the staff were very nice. We also took a trip to Agadir, and the staff kept our luggage while we checked out for a few days. The hotel is conveniently located, between the old and new Marrakesh.
The only downside , the breakfast was not that good, but it was free :-). It was plenty of food, but the quality was not all that.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The room we were then assigned was definitely not up to standard for any hotel, let alone a 4-star one.

The wall fixtures were coming off when we were unplugging our devices being very dangerous, and potentially life threatening. On top of the bed there is a lampshade with no bulb in it. Also potentially dangerous especially for kids. Also other fixtures, like where the toilet water supply is attached to the wall is a raw hole, with no covers.

The rooms are simply dark, and the light is not enough as they hardly light up. When we switched them all on, we could even notice some spiderwebs casting shades over the corners.

The room we were in was pretty noisy. When our neighbours switched their AC on we were woken up by the unit's noise.

Wifi in the room was simply inexistant and when we complained we were told that we were the first ever to complain about it and that a technician will look into it. No one ever did. The problem was with iPhone, Nexus 7, and Windows 8 laptop - do definitely not hardware from our side.

The breakfast was also not quite up to standard - the pancakes were "hard". The juice machine not dispensing in 2 out of 2 times we had breakfast there. When we complained about it nothing happened, and we only got a smirk.

The pool is definitely too small for the size of the hotel and there are only a handful of sundeck chairs available.

Room service is practically inexistant. There is no menu and when we called we were sent a waiter who was waiting on the spot for an order after seeking the menu for two seconds. He also seemed quite interested in looking at my partner (covered) in bed, then in trying to understand what I was saying, i.e. to leave the menu and then we call. He said he could not leave the menu!

Also it of our opinion that the hotel is part of a touring scam - where we took a tour with all inclusive, and we specifically asked if a tour guide was included. When we arrived at the location, we had to pay extra for the tour. When we brought this up with the same receptionist she strongly denied she said it was included, but others also had been specifically told it was. Looking up online - this appears to be a common 'problem'.

I was very happy to leave the hotel. In all my travels I have been to better hostels! I would never spend a night here, not even for free. There are many other options in Marrakech - go for riads, the one we were in would be 8-star compared to this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't chose any room in any part of this hotel. Avoid at all costs.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
N E Lincs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

After staying four nights in this hotel we were very pleased to leave. The corridors and rooms are very dark and in need of a upgrade. The bathroom had tiles falling off, missing shower screen, and the shower didn't work properly. Although we did have a very comfortable king size bed with clean, crisp sheets, the pillows were very hard. When I asked for extra pillows it took them a long time to bring them.
The staff were not at all friendly, apart from one man on the reception desk who actually smiled when speaking to me, and one nice man in the bar. The waiters in the restaurant had a very abrasive attitude and spoke little English - in a very rude way.
The food was interesting - buffet at night consisting of a large variety of salads, (same every night), 3 main dishes, ( small quantities, not replenished quickly) , 4 desserts ( same every night) and watery fruit salad. The breakfast was mainly breads and sloppy scrambled egg.
I suffer with coeliac disease (wheat and gluten intolerance) and although I was assured before arriving that they would be able to provide suitable substitutes for dishes they did not bother to even try, they did not understand and could not care less. I ate very little as only some of the salads were suitable, no desserts or mains. I took my own breakfast cereal which was a good thing, but the money I'd paid for food was wasted.
The pool, on the ground floor, was tiny and freezing cold, no sun ever got to shine on it as it was flanked by the building. The roof terrace was ok - old sun loungers and tables, but the shower didn't work and it was too far from the pool to be any use.
Not a four star hotel in my opinion.
The only thing good about this hotel is the location, not too far from the centre for town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Kuwait
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

first pick this hotel because it close to old Marrakesh madina i think 800 m & not far to Guilz
new area around 500 m.

the room nice When you first walk into the room, there are flower petals spread all over it.
but i do not like the bathroom it not beautiful & look old fashion.
the bed king size but not comfort it normal bed. there are terrace in my room but i thing it not safe anyone can robe me or any room from the terrace.
The lobby is very basic & small.
the swimming pool is joke is to small & swimming pool area also small.
one of the best thing in the hotel air condition because Marrakesh too too hot i enjoy
in AC especially when i sleep.
the breakfast basic not breakfast 4 stars hotel.
the staff some them nice & friendly ,Part of the staff was a little rude & try to use you to gain some money.
the spa excellent but busy.
the resturant under the average i order risotto i fell eating cumber ..
the cleaning staff very bad i call them to give me towels & shower gel & soap
i do not like pay tax 15 Durham per day i think it suppose to be include in my booking.

the reason for booking this hotel the location but i think it do not worth price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Dellarosa hotel suites & spa? Share your experiences!