“My Marrakech Stay at the Dellarosa Suites and Spa” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dellarosa hotel suites & spa

Save Saved
You added Dellarosa hotel suites & spa to your Saves list
Dellarosa hotel suites & spa
4.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   5 Avenue Moulay El Hassan, hivernage, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #87 of 188 Specialty Lodging in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“My Marrakech Stay at the Dellarosa Suites and Spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I've just returned from my stay at the Dellarosa Suite and Spa in Marrakech!! Overall first impression is it's ideal central location. The overall impression is breathtaking e.g. rose petals on the bed, towels folded into swans, petals in the bath and complimentary toiletries. The room was cleaned to a high standard - only dowside was I had to wait almost an hour past check-in but the attention to detail in the room made up for it. Another downside was the fact that snagging was incomplete. So things like plugs were unconnected to walls, shelves half screwed onto walls, etc. some lighting in the corridors were PIR but didnt come on so had to walk the whole length of the corridor with no lights at night. However, staff friendly and helpful, breakfast was ok!!! Paid 25 dirhams at the hotel bar for water but charged 6 dirhams at the shop two doors away!!! GREAT TIP: A lot of the info on Trip Advisor proved invaluable!!!!

Solo traveller - London, England

Room Tip: I chose a double room for single occupancy which I was glad I did!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Luton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I didn't understand the location of the hotel until we got there! once you go down the end of the road, if you turn right, you are walking towards the old part of the city (djemaa elfna/koutoubia) and if you turn left, to the new part of the city. the train/bus station is also a 20 minute pleasant walk, and many cafes around!
Breakfast was the same everyday but good selection. 2 great grocery stores just next door for snacks, cold drinks, pastries, fresh bread (they make sandwiches for you there). on the other corner of the hotel, was a lebanese sheesha cafe! would recommend!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel to stay at if you ever visit Marrakesh!

Me and my sister stayed at Dellarosa for 4 days and we were very impressed with the hotel which is really lovely. We arrived on Thursday 20th June around 11am with a package for two single rooms and the people at the hotel were extremely kind in upgrading our room to a suite for free.

The staff are very polite especially this one man whose name I don't know but who took us to our room and showed us where everything was and how it works, I never got a chance to thank him but if he does read this I hope he knows what a very nice and polite man he was.

The hotel itself is very impressive at first glance, we arrived at the hotel 2 hours before check in and the receptionists were nice enough to hold our suitcases for us while we went off to explore the area. They also offered us tea and cakes as a welcome (very nice surprise). The rooms itself are excellent, we had very spacious rooms with double beds, a kitchen, a living room and 2 bathrooms separately as well as two outdoor patios. The rooms are very clean (which is a must for me if you are staying at a hotel) and cleaned everyday. (There was this french lady who I saw a few times checking the rooms there who was also very nice). There is satellite tv but only 2 channels that are in English (although they have some pretty decent films on the channels). The wifi is decent, I was able to go on facebook with ease but did have problems with youtube as it didn't buffer very well but the fact that you get free wifi is a HUGE plus compared to other hotels which charge you for it.

There are two pools, one for children and one for adults - not very big but it's really not that big of a deal and not many people went in it anyway and there are also several seating areas outside as well as on the roof though in all honesty it is SO hot that you would be crazy to lay on a seating area on the top of the roof lol. They also have a gym which you can use in the basement floor as well as spa treatments but I didn't really use them.

We had breakfast included in our package and the food isn't that bad compared to what people say on this site. You get selection of tea, coffee, hot chocolate to pick from as well as orange juice. There is also a option of toast, pancake with some strange porridge type of sauce, scrambled eggs, mini sausages which were lovely, selection of cold meats (turkey was nice), cereal and cakes as well. It's more than adequate to start you off for the day and it runs from 6:30 to 10:30 so I'm very impressed in that regard. As an added bonus there is this man who plays music for you while you are eating your breakfast, it was a really nice touch and he always seemed very cheerful :)

The location is pretty good. It's near a fountain and there is a shop next to the hotel if you fancy some snacks or drinks but not much other than that. The true appeal of the location though is that it is a 20 minute walking distance from Jemaa el fnaa - which is THE place to go if you're a tourist. It's a hub of shops, restaurants and in the square itself there are people with monkeys, horses, snakes and ladies with henna which provide a lot of fun and interest. Be cautious with these people though, I had one man with a monkey come up to me and place it on my shoulder and asked if I wanted a picture, he took a picture for me then demanded 200 dirhams! which I refused and gave him 20 dirhams instead. Do not let these people bully you into giving your money, be very clear about how much you will give if you want a picture. Other than that it truly is an excellent place to go particularly at night which is when it really gets busy and night time they have these food stalls set up everywhere - I highly recommend you try it, find a right stall and they have the most delicious tagines and couscous.

The hotel also offers you excursions such as quad bike lessons and camel riding. Me and my sister paid 250 dirhams each for camel riding and it truly is worth the money. You get driven to this beautiful area full of palm trees and camels where a guide will take you around on the camels, then you get to go and have tea and drinks in a village. You also get driven back to the hotel after so there is no need to worry about being left in the middle of nowhere lol. Although we were told camel riding lasts an hour and a half, it is really more 30-40 min but to be honest that's more than enough time and it truly is worth the experience.

I would definitely recommend Dellarosa and do have plans to come again in the future with my friends this time. The hotel is really nice and clean, the breakfast is good, the location is great and the staff were very polite and helpful particularly the man who showed us to our rooms and who also helped my sister in showing which way to pray in her hotel room (she's muslim) he was a really nice guy and I hope he gets told about this.

If you're not sure about Dellarosa I hope this puts your mind at rest. I highly recommend it.

Jubed

24/06/13

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Myself and my friend stayed in dellarosa for 4 nights and had the most amazing experience. The staff were so sweet, kind, sexy and friendly and very helpful. If ur visiting marrakeche then this is the perfect hotel to stay in.

Amine the receptionist was so sexy, he was Our favourite and always helpful. The violin player was a sexy beast aswell and my friend really wants to marry him. The food was delicious and location is great. Ignore all the negative comments about this hotel bcoz this is the best in morroco with fantastic service provided.
The rooms are absoloutely stunning and so spacious, modern and clean.
We miss u dellarosa, see u next year!!! From your favourite english london girls!!! Dnt forget us!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Dellarosa. It is a lovely retreat from the medina. Lovely to relax by the pool with a drink in hand. Service was great, staff very helpful. Although room was great value, food and drink is more expensive than in other hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

As a family of four we chose della rosa because of location, price and large family suites. We were pleasantly surprised by the high quality of the rooms, with rosé petals and subdued colours, which proved calming after the heat of the day. The receptionists were helpful and Ibrahim could not do enough for us. Although there were no specific activities for the children, the warmth and welcome the children had made a pleasant and different experience then hotels with kids activities.

The rooms always clean although I agree that the facilities for self catering were not good, we had to ask for pots and pans and cutlery which although obliging did not make sense not to provide them. I was pleased with breakfast although some daily variety would have helped but the juice, fruit and yogurts were delicious. We had lunch once and definitely good quality and value.

The location was perfect, close walking distance to the new down and 20 mins from the medina. We also booked a day trip in the Atlas Mountains through the hotel, excellent and would recommend.

We had a fantastic time as a different hotel experience for a family which offered peace and tranquility to offset the craziness of the souks and medina.

Room Tip: Recommend a family suite overlooking pool, tranquil and great nights sleep
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Girona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

i havé been quiet surprised by thé professionnalisme of thé staff ,welcoming,helpfull and aliways smiling.
They helped me to make my trip succesfull.
Hôtel is clean,very well located .
Food is ok for this kind of hôtel.
I had an excellent stay at dellarosa and will surely return of thé opportunity is givrent to me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Dellarosa hotel suites & spa? Share your experiences!