“great base for a marrakech holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

You added ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie to your Saves list
ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Route Fes, km 6 | Annakhil, Marrakech 80000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
EARLY BIRD SPRING DEALS
Ranked #142 of 469 Hotels in Marrakech
aldershot
“great base for a marrakech holiday”

lovely clean hotel

on the whole food was good for an all inclusive although the al a carte was a little disappointing in that it is still buffet

staff could not be more helpful from the bar staff to the reception and cleaners all went that extra to make you feel welcome

rebooked to complete the sightseeing in may 2015 so we look forward to seeing everyone again

courtesy bus runs right into town and the taxi back was only about £8

Room Tip: if you like to finish the day with a sundowner on your balcony block 2 west facing is for you otherw...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (847)
Southampton, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Just returned from a much needed relaxing break in Marrakech.

On the whole it was a very pleasant experience, grounds were immaculate, Pool was great and big, food was good and varied, always cooked well and plenty of choice even for those not adventurous. Tajines and cous cous are really good. Bar staff were fabulous even though the alcohol was extremely poor, stick to the beer, it's the only decent drink there! Tip if you get good service but it's certainly not expected and very appreciated when received.

SUNBEDS - the situation is a joke, never have I stayed somewhere where people are getting up at 2am to reserve beds......yes 2am, come on people, you're on holiday, never let it be said about the Germans reserving beds, these were all Brits......ridiculous!

The animation team try their very best but I have to say that its pretty poor, not blaming them, I think Riu need to think about getting some more experienced people in the team not just a few young men wanting to talk to teenage girls.......... Some were a little creepy at times!!!!!

Not allot to do for older kids as in over 10 so be prepared to throw your little ones around the pool for hours on end!!!!!! Kids club is only geared for very young ones.

Get yourselves to the souks, don't panic about all the hype, it's a very safe place and children will enjoy it but it can be very busy and manic at times, no pressure to buy as in other countries and cultures, drink fresh orange juice, eat street food, or find a Riad and soak up the atmosphere (loads hidden away behind the madness of the souks) Barter hard with the traders (aim for less than half the original price) go into the mountains, visit the waterfalls in Ozoud (don't book through Thomson, loads of companies that provide private tours for a fraction of the price)

I'm not a massive fan of this style of package holiday as it does tend to draw a certain crowd but if you like that sort of thing then great, you'll have a blast, if you want to use as a base to get into Marrakech and experience Moroccan culture then it also serves a purpose. If you're looking for 5 star luxury then look elsewhere, you get what you pay for!

Would I return......maybe for a cheap short break for guaranteed sun....you get what you pay for and this is Africa after all!

clitheroe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Booked this hotel two days before actually going on holiday wanting a good deal and we 100% got one with this hotel. It was very very cheap for what we got during our stay, we were both extremely impressed.

Upon our arrival we were greeted with cocktails and told we could book in and go for food which was brilliant after our flight as we hadn't eaten since we left Manchester airport. The booking in was very quick and easy and the reception staff were brilliant, they gave us a map and also directed us to our room where our suitcases had been taken to already by the porters, which again was great instead of trying to drag them around everywhere. Baring in mind the complex as a whole is massive!
I was worried about exchanging money but they do exchange it at the reception and if you do want it changing back then you do that at the airport. There was also a shop in the hotel.

The food was brilliant every day, there was nothing negative to say about the food, there is a huge choice of things to have, ranging from fruits to cheeses to cooked breakfast. At night there was a choice of booking into the on complex Italian and Moroccan but our holiday went so quickly that we didn't have time to do so. The times for breakfast, lunch and dinner are also very good, you never seem to miss out on the meals. The waiters and waitresses were also fantastic, always very welcoming and chatted away.

I was very impressed with the drinks.. unlimited drinks whenever you wanted from all three bars. The alcoholic drinks were very strong (which I think is good in comparison to the dribble of vodka you get in your vodka and coke in the U.K) and all of the bar staff were nice enough. There was wasps around BUT they weren't interested in you in the slightest, they were more interested in the fizzy drinks.

The bedrooms were very nice, spacious and cleaned everyday. It was also nice to have a balcony to sit out on at night. The beds were very comfy and the room was cool all throughout the night so we both managed to sleep very well.

I would definitely recommend this holiday for everyone, including families. Eventhough there wasn't many young children around when I was there, they'd love it.

The entertainment team were constantly on the ball doing many different activities all throughout the day and at night including water polo, yoga, dance classes, volley ball, cooking, making things with the kids, karaoke, different themed nights and the list goes on. The entertainment team are a massive credit to the hotel. They always included everyone in everything.

If you have children or are quite shy I wouldn't recommend going into the souks, me and my partner went in three times (got absolute bargains) but the people in the souks are very confrontational and are very much in your face at all times. The only thing you need to do is be strong as say "no thank you" and they will go away. I enjoyed going in but speaking to other couples they absolutely hated it and would never go back into the souks, but I believe it is a fantastic experience to see what it is like in comparison to your lives.

My holiday was absolutely fantastic and I will definitely be going back here next year but for two weeks. I enjoyed every minute of it and there is nothing at all which can be seen as a negative.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Birmingahm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

we have just got back from a week at this hotel and can not find fault! The hotel itself is very clean and well looked after, every member of staff was welcoming and helpful often going above and beyond to help you out. (we had room 5004 if you get a choice ask for a room between 5004 and 5009 they are pool side!)

There were sports activities for the kids and adults (both entertainer organised and self organised - basket ball, football, tennis, table tennis) and the huge pool, which was warm, was big enough for everyone to enjoy. The entertainment staff leave you alone if you don't want to join in but are very friendly every day letting you know what is on.

Book in to the hotel Moroccan restaurant - it was a feast! and don't book the camel trip via Thomson reps there are two guys in reception who do a tour and its less than half price of Thomson and far more personalised - we got our own camel ride just the three of us, with outfits provided (all part of the experience) for an hour at £50 for the three. Thomson also put you off the main town (it is to try to sell their trip) they scared you in to thinking its not a nice place. we got the hotel free bus twice in the week and had a fab time with our 13 year old son (Blonde - the rep said not to take him on our own go on their paid tour!) it was great evening.

If I had to give downsides there is the 5am bed run (get it in most places) but don't panic if you get there at 10am ask the pool guy and he will find you beds no one ever went without! and the cocktails are premixed but we found a way round that by asking for drinks not on the standard menu then you got lovely fresh cocktails :)

I will be going back

Room Tip: ask for rooms between 5004 and 5009 they are closest to the pool
Motherwell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Fantastic hotel 15 mins drive from the centre of Marrakech. Expands over acres of beautiful gardens, large/modern rooms with balconies, biggest outdoor swimming pool I have ever seen, great day-time entertainment for adults and kids, really friendly and helpful staff, excellent spa facilities and unlike other hotels of this class the treats on offer were reasonably priced, wide selection of food available morning, noon and night (although quieter and more waiter service is available in the Italian and Moroccan restaurants, I preferred the choice on offer at the main restaurant which has avariety of cuisine each day including Italian and Moroccan), all inclusive drinks included top brands like Gordon's gin and Schwepps tonic, shuttle bus to centre during the day, taxis readily available at the gate for around £10 a trip to the centre of town. Indoor heated pool for the cooler months, and a gym (I didn't try it though my hubby did and found it a bit limited). It was safe to go jogging/walking outside the hotel, early in the morning is best when it is cool, and the terrain is flat. Thomson's offered a great selection of reasonably priced excursions - I would recommend the tour of the Souk, trip to Ozoud Falls, and the history tour. To top it off the weather was brilllant for the entire holiday. Reason for 4 instead of 5 out of 5? Evening entertainment was a bit hit and miss, the wifi was only available in the Reception area, and I would have appreciated a kettle/tea/coffee in my bedroom! That would not stop me from going back however! If you wish to eat out during your stay I would highly recommend the Cafe de la Poste - across the road from McDonald's. Pricey but very high quality, and likely much cheaper than you would pay for a meal of same quality in the UK. Enjoy :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Just back from a 14 night stay at this hotel, we had 2 rooms.
The hotel complex and grounds are very clean and well kept. The garden area and the small ponds and palm trees are idyllic and immaculate. The pool is very big and nicely looked after.
The bedrooms were very large and adequately clean and had a tv with a variety of English channels. Maid service very good, room cleaned up well daily. Main problem was with reserving sun beds around the pool. Believe it or not you have to get up before 6 am to put your towels out otherwise you will have no subbed for the day. This was disappointing. I couldn't quite believe this, but found myself setting the alarm. Lots of guests were all moaning about this. I witnessed a few arguments over towels and sun bed reserving. This was despite signs saying no reserving allowed. Management are aware but do not appear to be able to offer an alternative arrangement.
Food plentiful and very good. Restaurants have plenty of attentive staff. Unfortunately ifell I'll with suspected food poisoning - and had fourbdays in bed. Nothing confirmed but the only different item that I ate compared with my family was the cold boiled eggs.

The hotel had a shuttle bus to the centre about a 20 min drive, there really is nothing walkable nearby, it's just baron land but that was not a problem.

Please note thatbthis hotel has a small shop but did not sell English newspapers and did not have a pharmacy either. I asked about seeing a doctor and was toldnthere was not one butbif imp aid 500 Dirhams they would call one for me.

This was a big hotel with literally hundreds of guests. We did enjoy our stay, we had value for money having booked with thomsons andinthink the four star rating was about right.

We did not getbinvolved with the day time activities run by the animation team, such as ping pong and darts but the evening shows were absolutely dreadful.

The alcoholic drinks were good, very strong except the cocktails which were tasteless so we stuck with more traditional drinks.

Overall a good hotel, great pool, nice rooms andnif thebthings I mentioned were addressed would make thisnhotel an even better place.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

It was a little intimidating when we first arrived, which was on a night flight. There was security everywhere, but actually, they were just staff used to guide you to your rooms in quite a large complex. The rooms are dark, which coming from the west, is a bit if a shock. But this is "Moroccan style". The rooms are tired, but IMMACULATELY clean. I saw the cleaners wash the communal walk ways twice a day. The staff are lovely, and couldn't do enough for you. The entertainment, by English standards is cheesy, but the staff show such enthusiasm for the smallest thing, you can't help but be charmed. It's a mixed hotel with families and couples young and old from all over Europe rubbing along nicely. The choice of drinks is limited but sufficient and free flowing.Food was very varied, good and available all day with no upset to tums! Grounds/pool are beautifully kept. The only thing letting the hotel down is the spa. Compared to the hard work and effort of the main hotel, the staff were lazy and it seemed more than an effort for the girls to do anything. Give it a miss. All in all though It is inexpensive so a real bargain. Couldn't recommend it enough and would be happy to return anytime!!! Thanks for a great time

Stayed June 2014

Been to ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie? Share your experiences!