“Best holiday ever!!!! Nothing at all to fault.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

You added ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie to your Saves list
ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Route Fes, km 6 | Annakhil, Marrakech 80000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
EARLY BIRD SPRING DEALS
Ranked #142 of 469 Hotels in Marrakech
clitheroe
“Best holiday ever!!!! Nothing at all to fault.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Booked this hotel two days before actually going on holiday wanting a good deal and we 100% got one with this hotel. It was very very cheap for what we got during our stay, we were both extremely impressed.

Upon our arrival we were greeted with cocktails and told we could book in and go for food which was brilliant after our flight as we hadn't eaten since we left Manchester airport. The booking in was very quick and easy and the reception staff were brilliant, they gave us a map and also directed us to our room where our suitcases had been taken to already by the porters, which again was great instead of trying to drag them around everywhere. Baring in mind the complex as a whole is massive!
I was worried about exchanging money but they do exchange it at the reception and if you do want it changing back then you do that at the airport. There was also a shop in the hotel.

The food was brilliant every day, there was nothing negative to say about the food, there is a huge choice of things to have, ranging from fruits to cheeses to cooked breakfast. At night there was a choice of booking into the on complex Italian and Moroccan but our holiday went so quickly that we didn't have time to do so. The times for breakfast, lunch and dinner are also very good, you never seem to miss out on the meals. The waiters and waitresses were also fantastic, always very welcoming and chatted away.

I was very impressed with the drinks.. unlimited drinks whenever you wanted from all three bars. The alcoholic drinks were very strong (which I think is good in comparison to the dribble of vodka you get in your vodka and coke in the U.K) and all of the bar staff were nice enough. There was wasps around BUT they weren't interested in you in the slightest, they were more interested in the fizzy drinks.

The bedrooms were very nice, spacious and cleaned everyday. It was also nice to have a balcony to sit out on at night. The beds were very comfy and the room was cool all throughout the night so we both managed to sleep very well.

I would definitely recommend this holiday for everyone, including families. Eventhough there wasn't many young children around when I was there, they'd love it.

The entertainment team were constantly on the ball doing many different activities all throughout the day and at night including water polo, yoga, dance classes, volley ball, cooking, making things with the kids, karaoke, different themed nights and the list goes on. The entertainment team are a massive credit to the hotel. They always included everyone in everything.

If you have children or are quite shy I wouldn't recommend going into the souks, me and my partner went in three times (got absolute bargains) but the people in the souks are very confrontational and are very much in your face at all times. The only thing you need to do is be strong as say "no thank you" and they will go away. I enjoyed going in but speaking to other couples they absolutely hated it and would never go back into the souks, but I believe it is a fantastic experience to see what it is like in comparison to your lives.

My holiday was absolutely fantastic and I will definitely be going back here next year but for two weeks. I enjoyed every minute of it and there is nothing at all which can be seen as a negative.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (847)
Birmingahm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

we have just got back from a week at this hotel and can not find fault! The hotel itself is very clean and well looked after, every member of staff was welcoming and helpful often going above and beyond to help you out. (we had room 5004 if you get a choice ask for a room between 5004 and 5009 they are pool side!)

There were sports activities for the kids and adults (both entertainer organised and self organised - basket ball, football, tennis, table tennis) and the huge pool, which was warm, was big enough for everyone to enjoy. The entertainment staff leave you alone if you don't want to join in but are very friendly every day letting you know what is on.

Book in to the hotel Moroccan restaurant - it was a feast! and don't book the camel trip via Thomson reps there are two guys in reception who do a tour and its less than half price of Thomson and far more personalised - we got our own camel ride just the three of us, with outfits provided (all part of the experience) for an hour at £50 for the three. Thomson also put you off the main town (it is to try to sell their trip) they scared you in to thinking its not a nice place. we got the hotel free bus twice in the week and had a fab time with our 13 year old son (Blonde - the rep said not to take him on our own go on their paid tour!) it was great evening.

If I had to give downsides there is the 5am bed run (get it in most places) but don't panic if you get there at 10am ask the pool guy and he will find you beds no one ever went without! and the cocktails are premixed but we found a way round that by asking for drinks not on the standard menu then you got lovely fresh cocktails :)

I will be going back

Room Tip: ask for rooms between 5004 and 5009 they are closest to the pool
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Motherwell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Fantastic hotel 15 mins drive from the centre of Marrakech. Expands over acres of beautiful gardens, large/modern rooms with balconies, biggest outdoor swimming pool I have ever seen, great day-time entertainment for adults and kids, really friendly and helpful staff, excellent spa facilities and unlike other hotels of this class the treats on offer were reasonably priced, wide selection of food available morning, noon and night (although quieter and more waiter service is available in the Italian and Moroccan restaurants, I preferred the choice on offer at the main restaurant which has avariety of cuisine each day including Italian and Moroccan), all inclusive drinks included top brands like Gordon's gin and Schwepps tonic, shuttle bus to centre during the day, taxis readily available at the gate for around £10 a trip to the centre of town. Indoor heated pool for the cooler months, and a gym (I didn't try it though my hubby did and found it a bit limited). It was safe to go jogging/walking outside the hotel, early in the morning is best when it is cool, and the terrain is flat. Thomson's offered a great selection of reasonably priced excursions - I would recommend the tour of the Souk, trip to Ozoud Falls, and the history tour. To top it off the weather was brilllant for the entire holiday. Reason for 4 instead of 5 out of 5? Evening entertainment was a bit hit and miss, the wifi was only available in the Reception area, and I would have appreciated a kettle/tea/coffee in my bedroom! That would not stop me from going back however! If you wish to eat out during your stay I would highly recommend the Cafe de la Poste - across the road from McDonald's. Pricey but very high quality, and likely much cheaper than you would pay for a meal of same quality in the UK. Enjoy :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Just back from a 14 night stay at this hotel, we had 2 rooms.
The hotel complex and grounds are very clean and well kept. The garden area and the small ponds and palm trees are idyllic and immaculate. The pool is very big and nicely looked after.
The bedrooms were very large and adequately clean and had a tv with a variety of English channels. Maid service very good, room cleaned up well daily. Main problem was with reserving sun beds around the pool. Believe it or not you have to get up before 6 am to put your towels out otherwise you will have no subbed for the day. This was disappointing. I couldn't quite believe this, but found myself setting the alarm. Lots of guests were all moaning about this. I witnessed a few arguments over towels and sun bed reserving. This was despite signs saying no reserving allowed. Management are aware but do not appear to be able to offer an alternative arrangement.
Food plentiful and very good. Restaurants have plenty of attentive staff. Unfortunately ifell I'll with suspected food poisoning - and had fourbdays in bed. Nothing confirmed but the only different item that I ate compared with my family was the cold boiled eggs.

The hotel had a shuttle bus to the centre about a 20 min drive, there really is nothing walkable nearby, it's just baron land but that was not a problem.

Please note thatbthis hotel has a small shop but did not sell English newspapers and did not have a pharmacy either. I asked about seeing a doctor and was toldnthere was not one butbif imp aid 500 Dirhams they would call one for me.

This was a big hotel with literally hundreds of guests. We did enjoy our stay, we had value for money having booked with thomsons andinthink the four star rating was about right.

We did not getbinvolved with the day time activities run by the animation team, such as ping pong and darts but the evening shows were absolutely dreadful.

The alcoholic drinks were good, very strong except the cocktails which were tasteless so we stuck with more traditional drinks.

Overall a good hotel, great pool, nice rooms andnif thebthings I mentioned were addressed would make thisnhotel an even better place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

It was a little intimidating when we first arrived, which was on a night flight. There was security everywhere, but actually, they were just staff used to guide you to your rooms in quite a large complex. The rooms are dark, which coming from the west, is a bit if a shock. But this is "Moroccan style". The rooms are tired, but IMMACULATELY clean. I saw the cleaners wash the communal walk ways twice a day. The staff are lovely, and couldn't do enough for you. The entertainment, by English standards is cheesy, but the staff show such enthusiasm for the smallest thing, you can't help but be charmed. It's a mixed hotel with families and couples young and old from all over Europe rubbing along nicely. The choice of drinks is limited but sufficient and free flowing.Food was very varied, good and available all day with no upset to tums! Grounds/pool are beautifully kept. The only thing letting the hotel down is the spa. Compared to the hard work and effort of the main hotel, the staff were lazy and it seemed more than an effort for the girls to do anything. Give it a miss. All in all though It is inexpensive so a real bargain. Couldn't recommend it enough and would be happy to return anytime!!! Thanks for a great time

Stayed June 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My mum and I stayed here during the last week of June.

On arrival we were greeted with a cocktail and as it was late, we were very delighted by this. We were taken to the restaurant to have some food which had been kept open for us and there was no problem whatsoever. Our suitcases got delivered to us around 5 minutes after we had arrived to our room, (which took about 20 minutes because we got lost! However, this was our own fault because there's signs and people around the grounds to guide you to your room in the dark)

While we stayed there, the sunbed situation wasn't too bad. My mum is an early riser anyway but if we went down at around 1pm, there were still at least 2-3 sunbeds around! It sounds as if it has gotten worse!

The food was lovely and we had no issues with the food, we didn't try the Italian and Moroccan restaurants so cannot comment on them. The staff are lovely and cannot be faulted, they're always smiling and when they come around the pool to offer you to join in with the entertainment, all you have to do is say no and they'll leave you alone.

We only went on one excursion which was the Calche By Night which costs 500 Dirhams, which is about £35 for 2 people. It was great, I would recommend it! We did go into Marrakesh one day, there's a free shuttle bus which takes you into the city but you have to do book with reception. It's such a beautiful city and is a worth a visit.

The rooms are lovely and spacious, very nice and cooling (especially in 40 degree heat!). Our mini fridge didn't work but this didn't bother us as we didn't use it. You get free bottles of water each day put into your rooms and there's a safe in which you can put your valuables in. Our room was in Block 1 and we had no problems sleeping as the room was quiet and once you close the curtains it's very dark, which is good.

Overall, our holiday was great and we loved it. Would return to the hotel. The ONLY negative I would have to say is the wifi is SO slow once everyones on it, and I know you don't go on holiday to use the internet but when you're waiting for something then it's nice to check your social medias now and then.

Room Tip: Probably block 4/5 are the best ones because they're all around the back and away from everythin...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Me and my boyfriend have just returned from a two week stay at the Riu Tikida Palmeraie hotel in Marrakech. We arrive around 11pm in the evening on Monday the 21st of July after flying with Thomson Airways and a short 20 minute transfer to the hotel from the airport. We were greeted at the reception with a cocktail and by the lovely and ever-present manager of the hotel who applied our wristbands and stopped for a chat with us. The hotel is huge, situated on acres upon acres of beautiful and well-kept gardens. There is a hotel shop which is very expensive and where the staff are incredibly obnoxious, so I would recommend avoiding that and making the 10 minute walk to the petrol station/supermarket just outside the hotel if you fancy some snacks to keep in your room.

My review will be split into sections as over two weeks, me and my partner had a thorough chance to experience the delights and some setbacks of this lovely hotel.

ROOMS:
Me and my boyfriend booked a Junior Suite, and were in room 4108 which overlooked the swimming pool area. He had e-mailed the hotel in advance to our stay (I believe it was around 2 weeks prior to our arrival) and asked for a high room (the hotel is in blocks and is only 2 floors) and a pool view. Both were honoured by the hotel which was lovely. I would also recommend e-mailing in advance to ask to be as close to the pool area as possible for your room. When you arrive you will notice this is a huge hotel, and I can imagine the further back you are situated, the longer your walk to the pool and restaurants will be.
The room was incredibly spacious, with a sofa and seating area, balcony, lovely air conditioning, enormous bed, bathroom with a wet room shower and a bath and a separate toilet. Safe and mini fridge are included in your stay as standard, as well as bottled water being restocked everyday. The suite also had a bottle of champagne and flutes waiting for us on our arrival to the room which was lovely! The room was spotlessly clean, changed and made up every day, as well as beautiful towel art being made by the maids every day. I would 100% recommend stretching to a Junior Suite, the room was a real treat.

POOL AREA:
The pool is Olympic-size I believe, and it really is a large one! There are 2 pool bars which serve a variety of cocktails, soft drinks, beers, juices, milkshakes and hot drinks throughout the day. Both are situated right next to the pool area.
Me and my boyfriend found some issues with the pool area, but I don't feel you can really blame the hotel - more the ever-greedy guests! I would recommend waking around 5-6am to ensure you have a decent sunbed around the pool. We both felt pathetic for waking up at this time just for a sunbed but believe me, everyone does it! We would go back to sleep for a little while after. It was incredibly annoying and not to mention tiring, and we did witness some guests sitting on the floor of the pool area on a view occasions. Pool staff are great however, and will assist you in locating a sunbed from another area if necessary. Another thing I would say about the sunbeds - be careful not to sit on the plastic part of the arms on the sunbeds - they are flimsy at best and we witnessed a few people go right through the sunbed which looked painful!
Another issue we found around the pool was that there are a number of wasps, which can make you want to rush your drink to get rid of it for fear of them being around you. There are plastic boxes dotted around the pool area to place your finished drink in which can stop them from coming around you. Like I say though, we can't really blame the hotel for that.

FOOD:
The food was consistently lovely and there was plenty of choice, with something to suit everyone. Over two weeks we experienced various 'themed' evenings, such as Italian, Spanish and of course Moroccan, along with Sunday mornings being champagne and salmon breakfast. There are also bookable Italian and Moroccan restaurants at the hotel, but we did not visit. All food was cooked thoroughly, and was fresh and hot.
Breakfast consisted of the usual continental-style, cereal, breads, cold meats, sausages, bacon, eggs, fresh fruit, patisseries, yoghurts pancakes etc. Lunch was paninis, burgers, fries, salads, pastas, pizzas, curries, rices etc. Dinner varied every night and was lovely - often a cut of meat with various sides and a dish such as Lasagne, but there was a consistent section in the left hand corner which offered pizzas and pasta with plain tomato sauce, bolognese or carbonara, so don't worry if you are travelling with a fussy eater - there is something for everyone every night. There is also a vegetarian section.
Deserts were consistently delicious at both dinner and lunch, with cakes, pastries, panna cotta, fresh fruit, ice cream, mousses - again, delicious and plenty of choice!

DRINKS:
Great varied choice in the Lobby Bar inside the hotel and the Terrace Bar and Pool Bar. In the day, there is a range of soft drinks such as Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Sprite, water and fruit juices all available to dispense yourself around the pool and at breakfast, lunch and dinner. They were not without added soda water, but that is usually standard of All Inclusive hotels.
I'm not a big alcoholic drinker, but did indulge in a few cocktails around the pool but felt they'd missed the alcohol somewhat. There are non-alcoholic cocktails too which are very refreshing by the pool. Beer is poured from cans around the pool or can be dispensed at lunch and dinner. I would also recommend trying one of their milkshakes - the strawberry being my favourite!

SERVICE:
I cannot put into words just how lovely the staff are at this hotel. From the reception staff, to the bar and dinner staff, everyone was consistently lovely. We never looked forward to breakfast and dinner so much! We saw the same faces every day throughout our stay and were remembered, which felt very personal.
For us, the restaurant staff were second to none. As a couple, we were seated in the middle section of the restaurant, and were served by two of the most wonderful people we could have hoped to meet. I 100% recommend keeping an eye out for Mohammed and Otman (I have posted some pictures including them in my review) in the middle section of the restaurant, always smiling and were so helpful. All the staff at breakfast, lunch, and dinner were pleasant and very efficient, but these two really stood out for us and made our time at the Riu Tikida Palmeraie memorable.
Another thing I would like to add is please don't forget to tip during your stay. The members of staff work so incredibly hard and really deserve it. Please don't think that because you're all inclusive you've paid for good service in your price - 20 dirhams (around £1.70) is nothing to us but everything to these fantastic members of staff, you really will see genuine gratitude and they are so deserving.

ENTERTAINMENT:
Wow is all I can say. The evening entertainment was shockingly bad, but you can't fault the animation team's enthusiasm. I would strongly recommend the hotel booked independent, outside acts, rather than the hotel's animation team.
Around the pool, me and my partner found it a little annoying and cheesy that there is sometimes music playing, someone speaking on a microphone and staff trying to get people involved in various games. Around the pool in the day, the 'entertainment' took away from the relaxing vibe of the hotel, and was also quite disruptive when we were reading our books. My tip around the pool would be to sit in the area in front of the children's 'RiuLand' (it is quiet in there in the day), as you are then well away from microphones and speakers.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at the Riu Tikida Palmeraie. For a first experience of an Arabic or African country, I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel. As far as activities go also, me and my boyfriend visited the Majorelle/YSL and Medina gardens, the souks and the Medina as well as doing the quad bike excursion and history of Marrakech tour, all of which we booked through the Thomson representative at the hotel. I know its nothing to do with the hotel, but I would recommend all these excursions to enhance your stay and explore the beautiful city that is Marrakech. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again, thank you all at the Riu Tikida Palmerie!

Room Tip: •Book a Junior Suite for the most spacious room •2nd floor for more privacy/safety •E-mail in adv...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie? Share your experiences!