Overall the hotel is excellent, with Wendy the local Thomson ref being fantastic. BUT there are a few issues that we experienced that spoiled the trip:
- we were told by Thomson (Chester travel shop) the rooms had interconnecting doors (they didn't!) so bad start as we wanted the kids to have the next door room
- the internet hardly works and is only available as occasional wifi in reception, this was very irritating by the end of the week and is easy to fix!
- the outdoor main pool is not heated so effectively 'off limits' in the winter season
- you will get 'chiselled' by the locals in shops or even (Thomson) organised tours for 'tips' for guides even if you paid an all inclusive fee, also be very careful of shops included in tours as we were sold fake goods
- the general 'haggling' for the price of goods in shops will invariably leave you ripped-off even if you think you have a good deal
- from an animal welfare perspective the camels included in the Thomson Palmaraie camel ride package seemed in poor condition and badly treated (all tied up by the necks to each other all the time, no feed or water evident and fur missing, not cleaned etc)
Those caveats aside, the hotel is a great place to stay.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.