“The Good, The Bad.....and The Ugly!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

You added ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie to your Saves list
ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Route Fes, km 6 | Annakhil, Marrakech 80000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Join us & get 500 Points
Ranked #148 of 467 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“The Good, The Bad.....and The Ugly!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Let's start with the good! We stayed at this hotel last week as part of an all inclusive package . Staff are incredibly friendly and courteous.

Communal areas in the hotel are kept spotlessly clean.garden areas are beautifully kept and plentiful. Buffet catering standards are extremely high. Preparation areas visible to guests very hygienic. Lots of choice, with careful thought to meal rotation, including "theme nights". Good selection of alcohol . Local red and white wines are beautiful.

A real bonus are the beautiful cats who are in abundance around the hotel, and are fed and well catered for( including vet care) by the hotel staff.

Now for the bad! Arrived late at hotel. The hotel had delayed dinner so that we could eat before checking into our rooms, which was a great surprise. However, hotel arranges facility to keep rooms for later departures at a price, and I guess that this is why our room had not been serviced adequately. To find soiled ladies sanitary items in the bathroom bin, along with a plethora of body hairs in bathroom was totally unacceptable.
The bathroom towels are old and like sandpaper.
The pool towels are worse. I wouldn't dry my Labrador dog after a wet muddy walk with one. She would be insulted!!! Bring your own!

And finally for the ugly!

I am aware that the hotel has no control over the calibre of its clientele. Be aware that a high majority of guests appear to have stepped freshly from the studios of "Fraggle Rock" and "Shameless".
Loud, drunken behaviour by the pool, a tilt towards tattoos and " The only way is Essex" , encouraged me to speak in fluent French with the staff in the hope that they would think I wasn't a Brit!!!! We certainly did not expect to have to tolerate this in what was advertised as an exclusive resort.

Marrakesh, the Medina, the spice markets, souks and Hammams are all wonderful, as are the local people.

We will definitely return again very soon. However, next time we'll stay in one of the many beautiful and plentiful riads to be found in the walled city ..

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (875)
Mold, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I don't want to repeat all of the comments on the hotel so am trying to think of others that may be helpful! We had a fantastic relaxing time at this hotel - we were most impressed at the Welcome Meeting when the Manager appeared and introduced all his staff (I've never seen that at other hotels) - he was visible throughout the week either walking around the hotel or eating in the restaurant, so there was no excuse not to raise any concerns with him .. if you had any.

We loved the food, I watched some people pick or leave their food and really couldn't understand why! - my problem was trying to stop myself trying everything. I've been to Egypt a few times and always found their desserts to look nice but be disappointing, this wasn't the case here - they were amazing! We went to the Moroccan restaurant twice (just need to book the day before) and I have seen some comments about being disappointed that it isn't waiter service but I was more than happy that it was buffet style as it let us try most of the dishes! We went to the Italian one evening and yes the pasta and pizzas may be similar to the main restaurant, but they also had beautiful show dishes (saltimbocca, lamb with rosemary, squid).

We found both the red and white wine to be good, but weren't keen on the rose. The cocktails were very nice and if they aren't strong enough for you, then just ask for more spirits to be added! We were able to get a couple to take back to the room whilst we got ready for the evening, no problems. TV had BBC1, ITV and a movie channel if you want to catch up with anything!

We took money out of the cash machine in the lobby - were told to keep receipts to change it back in the airport, but we changed ours back in the hotel before we went. I've seen that some people have had problems but we just exchanged bits as we went along so that we didn't have too much left at the end.

We decided to keep the room on for the last day as we weren't due to be picked up until 9pm - we went to reception the day before (between 8 and 9, but I would get there early if I were you) - and there was no problem .. you do have to pay cash for this though. You are able to have meals and drinks up until you leave unlike some other hotels I've stayed at.

I am a big animal lover and was really happy to see the well looked after cats around the hotel, including the Manager's cat (Juliette) - who wandered around the lobby as if she was in charge! The others didn't pester for food but wanted a fuss when they visited you on your sun lounger! - not everyone would be happy about that!

The only downside about the hotel and I don't know a way around this, was the flies - we were constantly swatting them away around the pool - we tried mosquito spray but they didn't mind that! - if you can find something to take that repels flies I would recommend you take it!

We were in room 4115 - and although it was a standard room, we were really happy with the size of it. We were overlooking the gardens so it was nice and quiet.

It was starting to get a bit chilly in the evenings, so if you like to sit outside and have a drink after dinner then I would take a cardigan.

Hope this is helpful! - enjoy the hotel, I wish I was still there.

Room Tip: We were on 1st floor which was nice and quiet as no footfalls from above. Room 4115 overlooked gard...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed here 26/9/13 and had a fabulous relaxing week with great food and friendly staff, lovely clean rooms with great shower etc. free bus to town and souks is a must, no agro just good fun and banter with the locals. Top tip change your cash in the hotel nowhere else as it's the best rate by far.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Halifax
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Spent a week at this resort, we landed late at night & didn't get to the resort until around midnight but this didn't stop the staff looking after us. They took our cases & ushered us through for refreshments & food. We had a quick bite then went to our room, we had to wait about 30 mins for the case to arrive & there was a damp patch in our room but these were to only 2 critisisms we had. The rooms, pool/bar areas & restaurants were so clean which is my main concern.
The choice of food & drinks were broad so we didn't get bored & there was always something we liked (especially good as my partner is very picky!), we used the wellness centre twice as the massages were very relaxing & reasonably priced (300 dirhams which was about £23). The staff were very friendly, Stacey the travel rep was helpful & the excursions were great. Would definitely consider going again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Having just returned from a one week break at this all-inclusive resort with a friend, we both wish that we had booked a 10 day stay instead, as there was so much more that we would have liked to do.

Firstly- I’d like to extend my thanks to all of the staff, who are absolutely brilliant. In particular- the manager Pablo was so approachable, accommodating and extremely helpful. Pablo had a marvellous ability to remember individual guest’s names, which really made your feel as though you were a valued customer. Thank you Pablo- you are an asset to Riu!!

For any guest that is used to 4 and 5 star properties, I would suggest that you book a suite, as the standard rooms are a little small and underwhelming. We were lucky enough to have a suite and were very happy with it (large seating area, two vanity/ dressing areas, and two showers in the bathroom).

The main pool is beautiful and is well maintained, with plenty of portable and stationary loungers all around (complete with pillows if desired).
The animation team are full of energy and provide a few activities for those that like to get involved (such as aqua aerobics, darts, table tennis, etc).

There was food for all tastes, and whilst some of it remained typically consistent with all-inclusive buffet style offerings (e.g. pizza, pasta, salads, etc), there were always a few delicious fish and meat that represented that sort of fresh flavoursome cooking that one would expect from morocco (even by a foodies standard). My favourite dining experience here was definitely within the Moroccan themed restaurant (though this was also buffet style).

Although we did not really sit inside to watch the entertainment provided by the animation team, we did listen to the live music outside on most evenings (performed by a guy with big curly hair- Amin). This musician was absolutely fantastic and had a distinctively raspy voice with a wide vocal range which suited an eclectic mix of genres. Absolutely amazing!!

My favourite thing about this resort was the immaculately kept gardens which run throughout the property- absolutely stunning!

Room Tip: Although room 1032 was far away from everything, it is a beautiful corner suite that was light and b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Brighton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The staff in this hotel are indeed fantastic. They can't do enough for you, very attentive and all seem really happy.

The endless amount of food that is served is very tasty and extremely well presented and constantly being topped up with fresh.

The hotel grounds and complex are vast and means you do have a bit of a walk to get to places you want to go to. This isn't a criticism as I do feel some of the space could have been utilised better. Everyone is crammed into 3 areas and due to the hotel being full you were aware of how busy it was.

The hotel offers a free shuttle into town which is a MUST visit.

Unfortunately on a downward note, there was a feeling of "Brits Abroad" with some of the guests! Our party was surprised at some of the guests as we didn't feel Marrakech would have attracted tattoo covered, hairy, ample people...... This being some of the women!!!!!!!...... But there was an element of "let's get p****d at 3pm" or " let's wrap ample breasts around the singers face....... For a laugh"!!!!! This was embarrassing to witness and unfortunately would prevent me from returning here.

All in all Marrakech is a great place and we would return and stay in one of the many Riads in town as feel this would not have the "chav" element!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Me and my partner travelled here in may this year.
Stayed in many all inclusive's before and this has to be one of the best.

The welcome meeting by by thomsons was one of the best I have ever been too. The reps give loads of information and showed various areas on the map on where's best to go. What really made my holiday was at the welcome meeting you were introduced to all main members of each department within the hotel by the hotel manager which I think is a lovely touch. The hotel manager likes to be involved in his hotel and you often see him wondering about the hotel chatting to quests for opinions and making sure they are ok.

Food was brilliant always found something to eat. A wide range for breakfast, lunch and dinner no one could go hungry at ths hotel. There are two restraunts that you book in advance for the Moroccan and the Italian we tried both but the Italian wasn't that great it was just the same as what you get in the main restraunt, however it is more intimate but I wouldn't waste your time. The restraunt does a champagne and salmon breakfast on a Sunday which I thought was a lovely touch.
Drinks all good. Some say the cocktails were watered down but I drank them just fine and my partner likes his drinks strong which wasn't a problem just ask to add more which they will happily do.
Rooms were nice and had no faults at all with any other parts of the hotel. There is wifi in the main reflection and bar and although they have about 10 diffrent networks for you to join on a night time it can get busy and be slow. But we used to check our emails on a morning after breakfast and the speed was good.

Trips we did two the tour round the souks and square and the cascades both I would highly recommend. As a girl I didn't really feel safe going out of the hotel as you hear some stories off other holiday makers hating the harassment, the tour give us the confidence to go out on our own and it wasn't half as bad as people make out it to be. The cascades is a full day trip and it is amazing and worth it.

A little tip. As morroco is a closed currency you have to change your money at the hotel and you keep the recipt to exchange it back to Stirling at the airport we found that the airport had supposing ran out of stirling and was exchanging in pounds and euros (we got a mix) and were robbed about £7 it's not a lot but if they do this to every person they are making a fortune. The exchange rate isnt that great either. So only take our small amounts as you need it at the hotel so you don't have loads to exchange at the airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie? Share your experiences!