“Fabulous Hotel - Excellent Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Save Saved
You added ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie to your Saves list
ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Route Fes, km 6 | Annakhil, Marrakech 80000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Early Winter Specials
Ranked #140 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
Essex
“Fabulous Hotel - Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have just returned from this hotel and has been my second visit in 8 months. The Hotel is big and spacious and the rooms are excellently furnished. We stayed in the suites which were very big and had excellent air conditioning. The restaurant had a wide variety of food to cater for all tastes and snacks were available throughout the day. There is also a Moroccan themed restaurant and and Italian themed restaurant as well.
The Entertainment Team at the Hotel work extremely hard and provide entertainment for all ages from 1030am until 1200 midnight with only a short break in between. The evening entertainment is excellent for the small children and then a show is provided each night from 2130. It has a very inclusive feel to the Hotel and everyone appears to be enjoying themselves.
The staff are most welcoming and I feel sure I will be returning to this wonderful hospitable country and this particular Hotel again soon!

Room Tip: All rooms are away from the main complex and are very quiet at night. I booked independently and th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (769)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Spent a week in this wonderful hotel in early September 2012. We were greeted with fruit cocktails and food on arrival after late flight which lovely, very unexpected. We had two ground floor adjoining bedrooms by the tennis courts. Very comfortable and well equipped although looking a little tired. The pool was outstanding - really big and many activities on offer such as water aerobics and volleyball! Great selection of food available at all times of day and staff were friendly and helpful all the time. Gym was also well equipped although lacks larger weight machinery. Only downside is that smoking is still allowed inside the hotel lobby, meaning that the inside bars weren't very comfortable to sit in and we tended to head outside. As we had a late flight home, we requested (quite a few days ahead) to keep one of our rooms for a late check out. This was not granted and instead we were allocated 20 minutes in another room - not enough time for a family of 4! Overall a great stay in Marrakech, would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Block 1 is lovely, right next to the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Maldon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We have just returned from a multi centre holiday with two days/ three nights at this hotel. After a long transfer from Agadir we arrived at about 2am local time. The reception staff were very welcoming and they even offered to open up restaurant for us! The food was pretty good, we tried the Italian but were told the Moroccan was closed when it wasn't perhaps they meant full. Main restaurant had a Moroccan theme night which had loads of choices. All in all very good. Lunch was probably the least impressive but you will not go hungry!
The room was lovely and spacious and kept very clean. We were one of the furthest away from pool /reception but very quiet.
Pool area was lovely although got quite full at times. Biggest criticism was that nearly 50% of beds were broken in some way not really what I expected from a four star hotel. It was over 35 degrees and the wooden sun shades were not much good. Beds with better shade were impossible to get unless you got up at6! As we were only there two days it was fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We booked this hotel through Thomson and I was really impressed. I had never booked an all-inclusive hotel before and was afraid in case it would be filled with rowdy folk wanting to binge on food and alcohol. It really wasn't like this! All the guests seemed civilised and friendly.

Each evening the hotel staff greeted you at the door of the main dining room and showed you to a seat before inviting you to help yourself to the buffet. There was a great array of food on offer & it had something for everyone. Serious 'foodies' might not love the food as it is reasonably basic but I thought it was very tasty and there was always plenty available to keep you fed & watered. Lovely.

We went for dinner in the hotels Moroccan restaurant for a special meal (it had to be booked in advance) one night & it was really lovely with good service. After dinner time, each evening, the entertainment staff tried really hard to put on a variety of shows. They are endlessly enthusiastic and while the shows were often a bit cringe-worthy I have a lot of respect for how hard they tried! Sometimes we laughed our heads off at the stuff they had guests getting up to.

The hotel had a lot of little kittens when I was there. I fell in love with one of them... a little ginger stripey one who loved to play & be cuddled. As for the frogs, they don't come near you and only come out at night but I'm personally terrified of them so I ran a mile each time I saw them. It made for entertaining walks back to our room each night for my other half... haha. Don't let it put you off the hotel.

The hotel is about a ten minute drive from central Marrakech (souks etc) but you can get a taxi for quite cheap and there is a hotel shuttle bus that can bring you there and back again. It isn't very regular though so we only used it twice during our stay over over a week. The pool is amazing and the poolside bar is great. We left it until nearly lunchtime the two days we spent by the pool and had to look carefully for lounger but we did get two no problem in the end!

We spent most of our time away from the hotel, exploring the surrounding area, souks & general madness of Marrakech but it was lovely to immerse yourself in a nice luxurious hotel after such busy days. Taxis & trip providers seem to know the hotel well & any pickups we had arranged found us no problem.

As for the room, I couldn't believe how HUGE it was. We had our own porch area & the place was so clean. Air con worked perfectly & there was a roof fan too (we didn't need it). The staff made sculpture with our towels - this entertained me. Each evening, fresh water was left for us which was very handy for the room & taking on daytrips.

I usually get tortured by mosquitos on holiday & take really bad allergic reactions. I didn't get any bites at the hotel. Any I did get (only about 4 or 5) all happened while I was out exploring Marrakech itself. There were some annoying wasps by the pool and if you get a strawberry daiquiri, sprite or other fruity drink, they will constantly annoy you. Not the hotels fault, just a helpful tip to do your hydrating away from your lounger.

There seemed to be classes throughout the day for those who wanted to spend time in the hotel instead of exploring the country. There was also a spa (expensive compared with Marrakech itself so I didn't use it) but it did seem nice. They also have excursions available but we booked our own.

All in all, we had a lovely experience & I would recommend it to any of my friends & family (and you too!).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Padiham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Me and my boyfriend have just got back from a 10 night stay in this hotel and we would both recommend it to everyone!!

The food was fab, there was always something for everyone (and I'm a very fussy eater!!) and all of it was to a very high standard and presented beautifully. As you walk around the buffet you can watch the chefs preparing the food ready to restock the dishes.

The room was spacious, our air con was fine, didn't have any problems at all. The maid was very creative with her towel designs and bed cover patterns! We had a Despicable Me minion teddy which she would place on our bed which always made us laugh. Our balcony at night time always had frogs on it so we ended up sat out watching them every night licking ants off the wall.

The cats around the hotel were so cute and friendly, and despite seeing a lot of mosquitoes during our stay we were only bitten once between us! There is a bit of wildlife to see such as grasshoppers, frogs and big red ants. It's worth walking around the gardens of the hotel at both day and night which are both beautiful and lively.

The entertainment was great, both day and night, which a variety of different things to get involved with. The staff were really friendly, funny and really made an effort to get everyone involved. My personal favourite was the night when my boyfriend was chosen to go on stage to compete for the "Mr Riu" title and had to do all sorts of things such as dance like Micheal Jackson and do bodybuilding poses. It really was hilarious to watch! We took part in water aerobics everyday just because the man who ran it, MJ, was so funny. Him, as well as the other animation team members, were always seen talking to other people in the hotel and having a laugh with them which was great to see. I'm not sure why so many people slate the entertainment here as we felt it was the best we'd seen in any hotel. If you're bored it's because you choose to be boring, there is too much going on through the day to complain about.

The sunbeds were comfortable and had a variety of different beds, such as normal sunbeds to beds with mattresses on (which get very hot and sweaty). Make sure you get up early though as it can be difficult to get a sunbed in a decent spot if you come out past 7am.

We ventured into the souks once which was an experienced and definitely recommended to those looking to experience what Morocco has to offer. I overheard someone say that it's more enjoyable in the night time than in the day, but either way I recommend going once! We also went to the waterpark which was okay, however felt very understaffed which slides being opened at different times during the day (which may be due to Ramadan).

A tip for those looking to go on trips, unless you are really nervous about arranging things on your own, I would recommend not booking anything through Thompson (who we arranged our holiday with). It works out much cheaper as travelling isn't too expensive.

Overall this has been an excellent hotel from start to finish and would definitely go back again to experience more of what Morocco as to offer.

Room Tip: Try and get a room closer to the pool as the rooms are spread out across the resort so can be a bit...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
bham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Amazing hotel. Service is brilliant and hotel is beautiful. Rooms are really big and cleaned thoroughly every day. Bottled water put in room each day.

Not much outside the hotel unless u get shuttle bus into square. Which you must visit. But cannot really walk out anywhere

Entertainment at night is terrible there, only bad point i have

But if your looking for a nice luxury chill out place then would definately recommend!!

• Stayed July 2013
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

As promised last summer I did return! This is the first time that I have ever gone back to ANYWHERE in the world and I was not disappointed in the slightest, in fact it was even better than before!!
The staff are absolutely second to none! The food is great, the hotel is super clean. There are great daytime activities and an improved entertainment set on an evening both by the pool and in the hotel. I don't want to repeat myself from before but I really cannot say enough great things about this place. I also cannot understand anyone complaining about anything! I left my boyfriend at home this year and instead went with my friend. Both of them want to go next year, surely 3 of the pickiest people can't be wrong?

Room Tip: This time I had room 4143 which is on the first floor and still had great afternoon light
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie? Share your experiences!