“You would be a bit of a curmudgeon not to enjoy some of this hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Save Saved
You added ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie to your Saves list
ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Route Fes, km 6 | Annakhil, Marrakech 80000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Best Fall Getaway
Ranked #131 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
North Yorkshire, England
“You would be a bit of a curmudgeon not to enjoy some of this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

All inclusive hotels are not normally our bag but once in a while it is nice not to have to think about anything other than where to wander to get your next meal and drink. I think this Riu was a great choice for Marrakech. The Medina is a bit intimidating so you can pop in and out on the shuttle bus or on trips but know that your can return to the friendliness and relative tranquillity of this hotel. The rooms were large and well equipped. 2104 got the sun in the afternoon but not so that you could sunbathe in it. The bed was a little lumpy but not the worse we have ever had. We did have a bit of trouble from the many many hotel cats - one peed on my husbands expensive cardigan when it dropped from his chair at lunch time - a cat was on it within seconds and did its dirty deed. And another cat could be heard crying near our apartment quite a lot of some nights. I think the management should think about getting rid of most of them as I don't think they are adding as much as detracting.

The hotel staff are generally very lovely - especially the ones in the restaurant and around the pool (the reception staff and main bar staff less so). It was hard to get small notes for tipping purposes from main reception - usually it was just 50 dirham notes. Once after giving me change I asked if they had any 10 dirhams and the male receptionist said sniffily that the 20 dirhams he had given me were not much for tipping purposes. Excuse me mush - I will decide! We happened to be going to the main square and I wanted change for if I took photographs and didn't like being questioned on how much I should tip. If they continue to only hand out 50 dirham notes then their colleagues will get tipped less.

Anyway, although I had some issues I only point these out so management can see there is always room for improvements. For the money we paid it was very good value and if you are a people person and like to get involved in the activities going on round about then you will love it. If you like lounging around in a nice environment - you will love it. (the main pool is till cold but the indoor one is great) Thomsons also offer some not bad value trips (for them) so you will not feel like you are in a prison. I personally loved the grounds and walked around them looking at the birds and flowers quite a few times. It might be a while before we do an AI again as we like to be a bit more adventurous with our food but I would imagine it would be perfect for families or people who eat a lot and often. :) (It was also a bit cold on occasions.)The Moroccan restaurant was worth booking a couple of times.It had the most intimate atmosphere. I went for my birthday and we got a complimentary bottle of fizzy wine and a birthday cake. I managed to intercept the waiters coming to sing me happy birthday as I had seen them sing for another guest and I would have been a little embarrassed - but the thought was lovely and much appreciated.

2,861 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (720)
Prestatyn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

stayed here 21st to 28th jan with 3yr old, the hotel is immaculate the food is great but most of all the staff make this place, in every department from the hotel manager to the bar staff they are superb, they can not do enough to ensure you have a great holiday, and a special mention to Tima and Mido from the entertainment team who made sure our little boy had his best holiday ever.

Room Tip: try to get a room with a view of the spectacular Atlas mountains
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Just arrived back from a brilliant week all inclusive stay with friends at this resort.Everything about the hotel was excellent. The food was well cooked and nicely presented and a good choice,the waiters always happy and friendly.The entertainment team worked very hard with always a smile on their faces and took time out to chat with everyone.The only fault I found was the Hamman treatment and massage at the Spa on site too short and expensive.Will definitely re visit this hotel.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony were brighter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed as a party of 12 - 6 adults and 6 children late December. Overall I think the hotel offers great value for money. The fantastic staff here make all the difference, they are very warm and friendly from the reception staff, entertainment team, bar and restaurant staff and cleaning team, they all deserve a lot of credit.
The rooms were always thoroughly cleaned although the bed hurt my back and the food was okay - the meat was sometimes tough beyond a joke but delivered with a smile :). We always found something we liked to eat and the waiters kept the drinks coming throughout.
The drinks were hit and miss but we eventually settled on a cocktail we liked and just topped up with alcohol. As mentioned in other reviews, the cats are plentiful but never a nuisance.
The kids club wasn't as well organised as in some other AI holidays we have taken but the kids all had a ball during the evening entertainment. Others have also mentioned the freezing pool, some brave souls ventured in but no one could stand it for longer than a few minutes. Its such a wasted opportunity as the pool area is gorgeous and sun loungers are plentiful. The weather was good and if the hotel had invested in some solar panels or something like that to warm the pool then it would have been great. The indoor pool though made up for it and was enjoyed by all.
All things considered, it was an enjoyable holiday and hubby and I really enjoyed the massage we had. The free shuttle into town was brilliant and we took advantage of it a few times.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dumfries, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Just returned from a week long holiday here. It was our first experience of an all-inclusive resort and we are definite converts!

The resort is lovely with a lot of water features, a huge outdoor pool (although far too cold at the moment - I went in for about 1 minute on one of the days! The indoor pool was a good size and heated) and friendly staff.

Our room was spacious and clean. We had a 2nd floor room with great views of the Atlas Mountains. As this is a resort, not a hotel, all of the rooms are a short walk from the reception/ pool etc but not too far at all.

The food was mainly very good....I can imagine how it would get tedious if you are there longer than a week but there is enough choice to have something different everyday for the week. The choice is good there is always a Moroccan dish and then pizzas, pastas, meat dishes, 'vegetarian corner; etc. Plenty of fresh fruit and salads on offer all the time aswell. We also had smoked salmon and sparkling wine at our first breakfast which I think must be a Sunday treat! We tried the Moroccan restaurant which was a nice change from the main restaurant.

The staff were all very friendly - in particular the restaurant staff were always very cheerful and helpful.

There is always some kind of activity going on if you want to do something around the pool (darts, cookery demonstration, ping pong etc) but equally the animation team leave you alone if you are not interested. There is also a nighly show (also put on by the animation team) but we only watched that onece.

Even though you can smoke in the hotel (not the restaurants), we didn't find anywhere particularly smoky or unbearable and neither of us are smokers.

We took the shuttle bus into the town a few times and it was nice to experience Marrakesh but it was also nice to return to the resort!

We travelled with British Airways but we never saw our rep and booked one trip through him (via phone) to the Atlas Mountains which was very scenic.

I think we picked a good time to go as it wasn't too busy at the start of the week so no queues etc in the restaurant, plenty of space around pool, no problems booking the shuttle bus etc. However, toward the end of the week there was a Moroccan bank holiday and the resort filled up with Moroccan holidaymakers so we got a taste of what it must be like in high season....much busier in the restaurant!

I think this is a great resort if you want to 'dip your toe' into Marrakech but want somewhere relaxing to return to but not ideal if you want to fully immerse yourself in the country and the culture.

Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Staff at the hotel go out of there way to ensure that your stay is comfortable and relaxed. They manage to make the service feel personal, even though you are just one of several hundred guests. Most importantly, there are enough of them, so there is minimal delay in getting served.

Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Excellent service, standard of rooms & AI features. We paid £350 each for a week AI (came back Monday) and couldn't fault anything about the holiday - it was an absolute bargain. I have been to Egypt lots of times but the standard & treatment of everyone we met over there seemed much higher & more relaxed. Yes you get a "bit" of hassle in the souks but nowhere near as much as Egypt, we never felt uncomfortable and found if you just said no twice (in french helped) they understood.
We did 3 half day trips & my partner did the Atlas mountain trip, all were very good value for money and it gives you a good understanding of the culture. The rest of the time can be spent just relaxing because this hotel certainly offers that. The free WiFi was a bonus & was good for downloading another book and keeping up with emails.
Thoroughly recommend this hotel & Marrakech - another box on the map ticked

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie? Share your experiences!