“Lovely hotel beautiful gardens” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Save Saved
You added ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie to your Saves list
ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Route Fes, km 6 | Annakhil, Marrakech 80000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Early Winter Specials
Ranked #136 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel beautiful gardens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was my first experience staying at all enculive hotel, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect after reading a few mixed reviews on the food, drink and animation staff.

We arrived on a rather warm day for the end of November; we were greeted by many of the staff trays of a nice cooling drink, where also there after travelling and it being a warm day this was a nice touch. After checking in we were given the option of going straight to are room or going for lunch. There were plenty of staff around to ensure you were headed in the right direction. The hotel grounds are quite large, with some accommodation closer to the restaurants and pool areas than others, some areas are quitter than others, I would agree with several other reviewers in recommending an upstairs room, we also asked for a view of the pool, which also gave us views of the mountains.

All meals are buffet style, there’s plenty of choice with meat and vegetarian options. During are stay there were two theme nights, the general food choices were also available. I haven’t stayed anywhere with some much choice for breakfast food before. Wine is available with lunch and evening meals, enjoyed a few glasses of both the red and rosé both very pleasant. At lunch time there were a few flies around on are first day, it was rather warm this is one of only 2 small things I think the hotel could work on to make it perfect. The other would be smoking in the bars and lobby area. As a non smoker I found the levels in smoke in the main lobby bar at times overwhelming, this is a beautifully decorated bar and would have been nice to soak up more of the atmosphere. It would be nice if this bar was made non-smoking. There are plenty of areas, to sit and relax in the lobby, board games were available and most evenings there was some kind of entertainment on in the sunken area before the shows started in the other bar. The hotel has 2 computers and you can use their wifi, many people sat around on their I-pads in the evening.

I tried several of the cocktails, yes they varied in strengths this depended on which bar/server they were poured by. The sprits considering they are not named brands were very good, if you like extra strong spirits I would suggest asking for the spirits and mixer separately then you can make them as strong as you like. The staff couldn’t be more helpful and accommodating, if you want stronger they will make them for you.

The hotel is very clean, staff and constantly seen cleaning the floors and toilets, the level of cleanliness would put many hospitals to shame.

Whether this is typical of an all inclusive hotel, the way Riu as a chain works or the management of this particular hotel I’m not sure.

We booked are stay through Thomson, we found are rep Rashid very helpful, he spent time discussing the various optional extra trips with us. We went on the 4x3 trip through the mountains and visit to a Berber village. We were lucky enough to be in the car with the guide. The guide asked members of our party not to give the children sweets to given them to their parents and any pens to the teachers, as this was the wish of the parents. This caused some minor problems between the children. I would defenetly recommend this trip but would adviser giving any gifts to the parents.

We also took the trip to Essaouira a small sea side town complete with Souk, prices here where somewhat cheaper than Marrakesh and bartering is more laid back. We were given the option of stopping at a wood coop, this was worthwhile to see how local craftsmen have opened up their own business, and create the most beautiful things out of wood. We went to an argon oil coop earlier in the day. This would of been ok if we hadn’t stopped at one the day before. I’m not sure whether Thomson themselves or the company they sublet to decide the itinerary of trips, visiting one Oil coop was interesting and informative, visiting a 2nd was for me a waste of time. I would have either spent the time at the wood coop or more time looking round Essaouira. The guide also said he would give us a 40 minute guide tour, we got shown the battlements and then offered to shown us a restaurant.
Before heading into the Medina and souks I would recommend visiting Ensemble Artisanal this is a fixed price and government run. It will give you an idea on prices if you are unsure of what price to pay. I did find the souks varied at the time of day you visited and preferred going later in the day after lunch. Venturing further into the souks also seemed to produce better bargains. It’s hard but look around before you decide what you want, it’s a shoppers paradise I came home with a few scarf’s and bags if it wasn’t for the limited space in my case and weight I’m sure I would have bought more.
If I ever go back to Marrakesh I would definitely stay in this hotel again, and before I’d even left I used the hotel computers to see where else the chain has hotels. Marrakesh is a vibrant city and this hotel was one of the most relaxing I’ve stayed in. We went out of season so there weren’t many children around. Only thing I wish it had been warmer to take advantage of the amazing outdoor poor.

Room Tip: Ask for a upstairs room, some of the ones facing the pool also have a great view of the moutains. I...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (751)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

All inclusive, so food is buffet style but enough variety for anyone, delicious and fresh. In addition to main restaurant there's Moroccan and Italian, both great. Staff are very well trained, very friendly and respond immediately. Only real complaint is massages at spa... Masseuse not really knowledgeable and not good value. However hotel remains highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

excellent holiday will be going back there , we went in november not very hot but very mild we went out to market and really enjoyed my holiday and would recommened this holiday to anyone the gardens are lovely the rooms clean

Room Tip: the rooms very clean and large we stayed in twin but very large rooms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I went twice to this hotel, everything is excellent: rooms, pool, restaurants, staff, activities! Either you are young, senior, with ou withour children !
Animators are doing great job, from 7:00 am to midnight, you'll find them everywhere, and they are the same for the night show!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Food - Lots of variety 3 different restaurants from what I can remember, buffet style. Italian restaurant was very romantic. You have to book a day in advance. On my actual birthday they gave me a cake and all the chef's/waiters sang to me which was really nice - oh and I got some free champagne too :)

Rooms - Very nice, separate toilet to the bathroom. Flat screen TV, little couch and nice sized bed also a small balcony.

Pool - amazing & there are special sunbeds which are cushioned (if your lucky enough to get one) there was a point where there were lack of sunbeds to people but they brought extra stacks out which is very rare for hotels (we visited in Summer so most busiest time)

Location - Had a free shuttle which was amazing! Dropped us off right near the markets. There was a pond or two around our apartment block which I didn't like because it meant lots & lots of frogs (I am a typical girly wimp) but none of them ever did jump out you could just hear lots of them croaking.

Entertainment - Was very good! Lots of people missed it so it wasn't extremely busy like normal all inclusive's (in the summer too!). We were very entertained and the crew were so friendly and such a laugh, they really put effort into their performances. It was also fun to watch the little kitties playing around near the pond while you ate breakfast :)

The hotels architecture was amazing around the lobby area. I seen people using laptops etc so pretty sure there must be wi-fi. The staff are really nice and helpful, on the departure day they gave us a room to shower after check out and let us lock our luggage away so we could enjoy the last few hours there. The Thomson reps were also very good with advice and sent me a card for my birthday.

Overall I enjoyed the hotel very much it was extremely good value! the only downside was that the local's weren't extremely friendly (personally I don't blame them) and shopping in the souks was very very stressful I hated haggling so stayed towards the edges where everything was priced with stickers.

Room Tip: Try to pick an upstairs so you get a private balcony as downstairs balconies are all linked only blo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed here for a week in November. We have been to several Riu all inclusives in the Canaries and Cape Verde and have never been disappointed. We introduced 4 friends to Riu for the first time and overall we all agreed the holiday was excellent value for money with the opportunity to experience a different culture.
Good points :
Helpful , friendly and cheerful staff
A regular free coach to Marrakech - recommend a night visit (we took the 18.00 bus and returned on the 20.00) and a half day trip if shopping but be prepared for hassle
Plenty of choice in food - both speciality restaurants worth a visit and if you like salads, the Morrocon salads are excellent.
The wine may not be a good Sauv Blanc or Rioja but is very drinkable
Lovely well kept gardens
Free wifi in reception (often there is a charge)

Not so good points:
Too many flies around the pool area which seemed resistant to any sprays
Would have liked a net curtain in the room for privacy during daylight hours
Lack of nicely cooked fish or seafood on the menu

West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We have just returned from the best holiday in 30 years. We stayed at the hotel from the 12th to the 26th November and didn't want to come home. The hotel is located 20mins from the Medina but puts on a curtesy bus throughout the day for those wishing to venture into town for the amazing sights, sounds and smells in the souks and squares. From the moment you arrive, nothing is too much trouble. The staff ALL work hard but with a seemingly effortless ability whose whole aim is to ensure you get the best from your holiday. The animation team try to include everyone in the various activities which is a great way of meeting and mixing with other guests, but they are not pushy if you say no. Restaurant and bar staff are there to attend to your every wish. Do take care with the food, it is sooooooooooooo good and after two weeks we were struggling to fasten some of our clothing. There are two specialist restaurants, Italian and Moroccan which are both included in your package at no extra cost but the Moroccan especially books up fast so reserve your evening of choice as soon as you can.

Room Tip: We were in room 4003 which is by the pool ideal for this time of year but may be noisy in the summer...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie? Share your experiences!