“An absolute gem.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Save Saved
You added ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie to your Saves list
ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Route Fes, km 6 | Annakhil, Marrakech 80000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Exclusive Reward!
Ranked #136 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“An absolute gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

I've just returned after a weeks stay and absolutely loved this hotel. It's spotlessly clean, elegant, modern and has an abundance of facilities. The food is varied and good.
The staff are an absolute credit to Riu Hotels - hardworking, friendly and helpful. I wish more of their UK based counterparts took as much pride in their work. I've stayed in numerous 5 star hotels in the UK that this place could teach them a thing or two and it's only a 4 star.
The pool is huge and loungers are always available. As ever the brainless Brits who tirelessly blame Germans for reserving loungers are up at stupid o'clock in the morning to colonise the sunbeds!! Whatever you sad losers. I often wonder what sorry lives they must lead at home that their holiday highlight involves getting up at 6am to reserve a subbed?!  It didn't matter what time of day we went to the Pool as we always found a couple of sunbeds together plus an umbrella.
We did 3 trips while there - a camel trek in the Pameraie region, a trip to the Atlas Mountains and Marrakech by night which included a caleche ride. All excellent.
Next year this hotel will be exclusive to Thomsons UK so I'm glad I visited when I did as I felt the numerous French and other European guests brought a bit of class to the place. I'm a Brit myself but I always find as a general rule of thumb the fewer Brits the classier the hotel and the better the holiday.
Last word on the smoking - I'm a non smoker but some previous reviewers will have you believe staying here is aking to sitting in a brushfire?! Not the case. There are smokers but it's really not that bad. It seems some folk just enjoy moaning for moanings sake - hint for your next holiday, maybe a country with a smoking ban???
We'd definitely return with a view to using the hotel as a base to viewing more of Morocco.
10 out of 10 Riu Hotels and thanks for looking after us so well.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (745)
Winchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I have recently returned from a really enjoyable 2 week holiday here. The hotel and grounds are lovely and very well maintained and the rooms basic, but clean. The beds are a little too firm for my liking, but I guess that's a personal thing.

I thought the food was very good for an all inclusive hotel. The restaurant management team were also first class. They very politely insisted that diners were suitably clothed before entering the restaurants. (I certainly don't want to look at other diners who have bare chests etc.)

If you are in Marrakech for any longer than a weekend, the large swimming pool makes this hotel preferable to a riad.

The staff are extremely helpful and polite. I was particularly impressed with the way in which the Reception staff dealt with a problem with our room that enabled us to continue to enjoy our holiday. (Problems are bound to arise occasionally - it's the way in which they are handled that makes all the difference.)

Rashid and Chris, the Thompson reps are great too. Rashid's local knowledge and help at the airport was particularly appreciated.

Room Tip: Opt for first floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Me and my boy friend stayed here in May for a week and we thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our stay! The hotel, pool and gardens are beautiful and kept incredibly clean! The restaurants in the hotel all offer an amazing choice of food - they serve champagne and salmon on Sundays! The hotel has a photographer that wonders around at night taking pictures, the prints are a little expensive but make sure you go back to see your photos they are a nice souvenir. We used the shuttle bus into Marrakesh and had no problems booking our tickets. Marrakesh itself is amazing and there are a million things to do. We booked a guided tour around the city to make sure we saw all the best bits. Overall this hotel is perfect for everyone and it would be nice to go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed here with family in early July 2012. The hotel itself was good although I did have mixed feelings about some aspects. The staff were friendly and generally very helpful. The food was good and the rooms were clean. On the negative side, this was portrayed as a ' platinum' hotel by Thompsons, this wasn't the case in my opinion. The rooms and the hotel lacked facilities that would make it such a high standard.
This was my first visit to an all inclusive resort, I probably won't visit one again. This is due to personal tastes rather than anything specifically wrong with the hotel.
The shuttle bus service into the city was very good and on the six or so times I used it was never full. Unfortunately the bus stopped running at about 8. I took a taxi back to the hotel on one occasion which was about £10.
We went camel trekking and on a tour to the Atlas mountains both were enjoyable although I did favour exploring Marrakech itself.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We booked this hotel last minute - we just wanted a week of rest and relaxation - which is exactly what we got.

It is on the other side of Marrakech from the airport so only a short transfer but no airport disturbance. The hotel was well appointed, the staff great, and the food was tasty, fresh and plentyful. Even the wine was good for all inclusive.

There were plenty of sun loungers and a lovely pool - although this is not heated so very cold.

The hotel is attractive with a back drop of the snow covered mountains which is quite bizzare!

There is a nice spa, but the prices seem to vary slightly by the day - that said they are still good value compared to the UK, and the treatments really nice.

We were originally given a ground floor room which had patio doors to the communal grounds. There were also no obscurity at the window so you had to have the curtains drawn when getting dressed etc. We also wanted to be able to take an afternoon snooze with the doors open and so asked to be moved to a first floor room with a balcony. The staff were great and arranged this happily on the second day.

Overall quite a standard all inclusive, but of nice standard and nothing not to like and certainly gave us the opportunity to just chill. The only thing I would say is we paid around £400 for the week per person, but some people there had paid up to £700 so shop around.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room for privacy while you are in your room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Just coming back from this hotel,I have to say, I miss the hotel and lovely service.
From the minute we enter we had a warm welcome with food provided.
They work around the clock and helpful.
They make your stay relax and enjoyable.
Explore the real marrakech and go to the markets and day trips.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Stockton, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

The lack of coffee in your hotel room and the woeful version of Eric Clapton's 'Wonderful Tonight' by the poolside duet are a couple of the negatives points that stop this very good hotel from getting the full five-star treatment.

The Hotel

Very clean and un-crowded, good indoor and outdoor pools and a decent gym, the free Wi-Fi was little erratic with more users equalling less connectivity. The gardens were very attractive and very well tendered too and the frogs, lizards and colourful birds made it feel almost tropical.

The Room

Spotlessly clean and spacious and even though my room was overlooking the main pool the evenings and nights were very quiet. The only downside to the room was they become very warm during the night despite leaving the air-con on – this may be due to the central controlling.

The Staff

Brilliant, very friendly and hardworking

The Food

Very good with plenty of choice, the breakfasts were excellent and it is worth waiting for a short while to get fresh cooked omelette with fillings of your choice.

Alcohol

I was slightly disappointed in in the choice of alcohol that was available. There was only one beer which was locally brewed and this seemed the case for most of the alcohol, for example, there was only one type of whisky, brandy, gin, vodka, red wine and white wine and if you did not like it there were no other alternatives. The bars don't have any tills so there is not even a choice to buy any exported branded stuff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie? Share your experiences!