“honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Save Saved
You added ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie to your Saves list
ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Route Fes, km 6 | Annakhil, Marrakech 80000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Exclusive Reward!
Ranked #136 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
jersey uk
“honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

What a fantastic hotel, we stayed here in feb 2011 for our honeymoon, great for couples and families . Food is superb, you have 3 different restaurants to choose from and every type of food is available. The pool is amazing but cold ! The sunbeds around the pool are very comfortable and the guys who work around the pool will put canopies up if you get too hot. You can help yourself to drinks and there's a pool bar and a drinks trolley comes round all day. There is entertainment on every evening , which is good and they have kids and adult entertainment throughout the day.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (745)
W Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

We had a week at this hotel courtesy of a very cheap deal from Thomson. We had stayed at Riu hotels before so had a reasonable idea of what we were in for and we were definitely not disappointed. The staff throughout the hotel are first class, pleasant courteous with a great sense of humour. As someone else has pointed out, there is nothing in the immediate area of the hotel but there is a free shuttle bus into Marrakech. There are thre restaurants at the the hotel all buffet. The main restaurant is fine although it is a big hotel so there are a lot of people in there. The Morroccan and Italian restaurants you have to pre book although there is no extra charge. Both are extremely good. In truth the food is not really that much different to the main restaurant but there is a better ambiance.

All in all if you want a great hotel break with sun in a fantastically interesting city and country without breaking the bank this is definitely the place for you.

A special mention to the entertainment team who work very hard in making things happen during the day and are fab entertainers/dancers in the evening.

Well done and Thanks

Room Tip: This is a big hotel spread out over a large area so if you may want to consider asking for a room ne...
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

My fiance and I are a young couple and booked this hotel last minute for 4 nights for a chilled out break and some winter sun. We booked mainly on the strength of the positive reviews on trip advisor and were not disappointed. The hotel itself is beautiful, particularly the lobby/bar areas and the gardens. On arrival we were greeted with the beautiful lobby which smelled of incense and a drink, and checked in to our comfortable, clean room. There are gorgeous sofas, lounge areas and lanterns in the lobby and the most gorgeous chandeliers everywhere which I loved! The pool is massive and yes it is freezing as other reviewers have said, it certainly took my breath away but once you are in and acclimatise to the temperature its fine and is probably welcome relief on a really hot day. The pool area is quite chilled, plenty of sun loungers and gorgeous comfy beds with huge cushions and bean bags, which is a nice touch. The pool side bars also kept us well lubricated with plenty of tasty cocktails throughout the day. Good quick service with a smile!
One of the best things about our stay were the people, not just the lovely friendly staff but all the other guests who just seemed so friendly, which really adds value to your holiday. The hotel has a nice atmosphere and everyone we spoke to agreed how great the staff were, from waiters, bar staff and particularly the entertainment team, who were great. We particularly loved Abdou one of the Animation team - my boyfriend was in his element playing football and volleyball which Abdou organised and really enjoyed it.
The food was generally very good. I am the fussiest eater ever, so when I book all inclusive I make sure that the hotel I book has positive reviews for the food. I would recommend both the Italian and Moroccan restaurants (which you have to book). The Moroccan was really tasty and the decor was lovely. Whilst both restaurants are still a buffet set-up, I see this as a positive because you get to choose exactly what you want and can control the amounts you put on your plate which is good for me being fussy. The restaurants still have a special touch to them and the waiters/waitresses are attentive. I wasn't quite as keen on the buffet lunch but there was still plenty of choice and breakfast was good - fresh omelettes made to order and tasty real coffee! My boyfriend really liked the food and tried everything.
The entertainment is quite cheesy but the entertainers work so hard and it is funny and enjoyable. We were also invited to the Managers cocktail party the day after our arrival which was a nice touch!
The only thing I would say is that at first the cocktails were quite inconsistent it depended on who made your cocktail as to how good it was, but generally the choice of alcoholic drinks was great and the local beer is also very good. The one thing that we found annoying were the flys! This is something the hotel cannot do anything about - but there were occasionally flies around the food in the main buffet (which will obviously happen when doors are left open etc) and also some around the pool. But don't let this put you off because the hotel is super clean and you have to remember you are in Africa there will be flys in a hot climate.

People have commented on the remote location of the hotel - its about a 20 minute drive to Marrakech city centre, so it is out of the way but the hotel puts on a free shuttle bus so you can visit the souks and medina, a very busy but fascinating place. The location of the hotel was not a problem for us. Just be careful of the mopeds in the city centre - there are loads of them whizzing around and there don't appear to be any rules of the road in Marrakech!! The main square is really interesting and is a must see, be prepared to do some haggling. After our visit to the hustle and bustle of the Medina it was nice to return to the chilled out hotel.
We only did one Excursion - The Taste of Riad. It was our first time in Morocco so we felt we had to experience a Riad. It was very special, quite expensive, but worth it for the experience. The riad was beautiful and the Moroccan food amazing with wine/drinks included. But...there was too much food the amounts could have fed 4-6 not 2. There was traditional Moroccan entertainment and a belly dancer. This was the perfect last night for us in Morocco. The traditional Moroccan mint tea is also fantastic!
The one thing missing for me were snacks in-between meals. For the price you pay the hotel is excellent value with all the food you can choose, but there were times when i just fancied crisps ect, and no ice lollys/ice creams available near the pool which might be nice in the height of the peak season. But this is only me being very picky. The hotel is large and some have said it can get quite noisy and busy in peak season which I suspect it could do, but as we went in November it was absolutely fine for us and there are loads of spaces to relax.
I loved the big cosy open fires in the lobby and found it so relaxing. I also tried the Hamman and Body scrub in the spa which was very relaxing and my skin feels fab now! Prices in the Spa are also pretty reasonable - a lot cheaper than the prices we pay in the UK.
Overall - we had a really lovely holiday, met some great people and enjoyed the culture of Morocco. The hotel is not 100% perfect but the staff cant do enough for you and with a few tweaks I think it could be amazing. Please tip where you can - the staff work really hard and really deserve it and they are very grateful. We would definitely go back. Thanks to all the staff at the Palmeraie.

Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I really don't know what people are expecting from a hotel if they can find much to criticise here. Maybe I should have marked the location down a little, but this was clearly covered in the literature prior to travel. Plus I would have marked some of the other sections a 6 or 7, so I didn't have the heart to mark this section down.
The food is top quality with a massive section at all sittings. There is also an evening dinner Moroccan and Italian restaurant, bookable the previous day. We tried the Moroccan and it was fantastic. If you couldn't find food here you liked, I pity you. The problem is he food is so good, it's difficult not to make a pig of yourself.
All of the staff were so friendly an hard working and nothing was too much trouble. There were plenty of activities on throughout the day, which suited me and there were plenty of available, sunbeds, seats and comfy beds, in quiet areas, which suited my wife. The 'Animation' team were a great bunch and very talented and enthusiastic.
The hotel are also proud of their TA rating(They have a copy behind the reception) and they have taken previous comments on-board. The Mini-bus into Marrakesh now runs right through until 8pm. There is also now a non-smoking bar, which I don't think there used to be, which I was grateful for.
I enjoyed the evening band (A guitarist and keyboard player), who were playing anything from Louis Armstrong to Jimi Hendrix and I didn't hear the same song twice in the whole week I was there.
Little touches, like individual dishes of locally produced peanuts, olives and popcorn for the kids, available from the bar prior to dinner. Free towels for use around the pool daily. Early breakfast, bookable if you are out on a trip that day. Two Big log fires burning, for those, like my wife, who feel the cold.
Indoor heated swimming pool, which was almost empty the couple of times we used it. The Gym, although not massive, had a reasonable selection of CV machines and a rack of dumbells from 5kg to 26kg.
Only downside we had with the hotel, was a few problems with the keycards, which the staff did their best to resolve quickly.
Downsides and things to be aware of with Morocco. Whereas the hotel is impeccably clean, tidy, safe and modern, the same cannot be said for the rest of Morocco. In most places we visited, it is filthy and messy. Carry Toilet rolls/tissues and a pack of hand wipes. Also, I had my wallet stolen, which was in my front trouser pocket, in the very busy square in Marrakesh. Although I'm 51, I'm still 6'3" and a big bloke, but I got bundled in the crowds and it was gone. I had got money out of it a couple of minutes before, so I can only presume I was being watched, so please be careful.
Last thing. We only went on one trip, to the Ouzoud Waterfalls and caves. Great day out. Lunch was good and restaurant clean. Tip, take some food(Preferably nuts/fruit but they'll eat anything) to entice the Barbary Apes down from the trees.
Thank you once again to all the staff at the Tikida Palmereia for a wonderful week

Wallasey, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Booked through Thomsons. Images in brochure lead you to believe the hotel is tranquil, with ultimate luxury. Unfortunately we went when the hotel was VERY full. Hotel is very remote, nowhere to walk to, except a petrol station and a cash and carry! Shuttle very usefull, needs to be booked day before, but finishes early evening, then over £15 plus to get back from town!
Sunbeds were grabbed before 8 or we didnt get one, poolside during the day very very cramped, no privacey or space to relax. Beds almost touching all the way around the pool. It is obviously used by other countires especially France, who must sell it as a family friendly destination, which is not what we were looking for, or what we were sold. The main restaurants are huge, and the noise level is quite intense, especially at lunch in the poolside restaurant (the only one available in the day) which reminded us of a very busy, incredibly noisy canteen, not a 4 star hotel!
That being said the staff are fantastic, nothing is too much trouble, even when working flat out at all times they remembered our room numbers, what we were trying to book, what drinks we liked at meal times, etc. Reception staff especially were fantastic for such a big busy full hotel and need to be praised!
Food generally very good, just the location in which we ate was not to our liking, except the Moroccan, which was much smaller, and more intimate with lovely traditional food, but still self service.
Holiday was generally very good, spent a lot of time in the day out of the hotel. One trip in particular we would recommend was with 'Marrakech By Air;. Reception will call Hamid for you, and believe me you maybe will have the trip of a life time in his ballon,traditional breakfast in a tent and camel ride, we certainly were glad we took the trip with his company, he is fantastic, his staff were 1st class, and scenery was breathtaking! Check out his reviews on here!

Room Tip: block 1000 were nearest to facilities
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Lochcarron, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

just got back from our stay at the tikida palmeraie, and we had a wonderfull holiday, the staff are realy helpfull and happy the hotel gardens are very well kept as are all the main areas, yes the beds were a little harder than we were used to but soon got used to them after a couple of nights, none of the staff botherd us, yes we were asked to join in with some games but we just told them a polite no thankyou and they were quite happy with that, we could not fault the place at all and would return next year all being well, on returning home we had to grab a few grocieries in the local tesco and decided to have a cup of tea and a bite to eat, not a smile from the staff and our food was all but thrown at us what a contrast to the service we had recieved at the palmeraie tesco should send their staff there for lessons in customer service, one last thing if you treat people who work in the service industry with a bit of respect then they will respect you..unless you work at tesco!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011 via mobile

Just got back from week holiday over Eid. Overall I came back happy and really enjoyed our stay. Hotel big, clean, friendly staff and food was good too. There is a lot of variety with food but like anything it gets a bit boring after a week but that's not a complaint as there really is a great selection. Hotel is a 20 min drive from Medina but hotel doesn't claim to be next door to Medina so people complaining about poor location should have done their research or just look at hotel details on Thomson site when booking. Free shuttle bus too, I have seen people comment that last bus is around 5.30pm. This isn't true as we got one at 7pm and returned on one at 9pm one evening. Also yeah pool is bit cold but if you actually get in and brave it then it is actually refreshing. Plus there is an indoor pool so people shouldn't be complaining about that either! There were a lot of loud kids in lobby area out of control but it was mainly Moroccan families staying over Eid. This was all in lobby area, not pool area. Wasn't an issue in my opinion as normally you expect kids to be going wild in pool all day so fact they were indoors away from us in day was a good thing. Overall for the money this is a good hotel, clean and good all inclusive with plenty of variety. Don't see what more people could ask for when paying c.£600 for flights, accommodation, as much food and drink as you want, transfers and free bus throughout day to Medina. Go and enjoy. Definitely don't book any of tours on offer though unless you find venturing out on your own scary. People who did say it was rip off, why would you pay to go on a souk tour when you can get free bus and walk around on your own without getting hassled by locals who know you are doing the souk tour and looking to spend your cash! Plus other tours we were told we're expensive and pretty boring at times.

Good restaurants we tried out were Gastro MK and Le Tanjia. Both really good if you want a break from hotel.

• Stayed November 2011

Been to ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie? Share your experiences!