“For a Taste of Morocco” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 474 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“For a Taste of Morocco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Just a review to say thank you to the hotel. We spent the easter bank holiday weekend in Marrakesh and booked this hotel online. The food was great and custom made daily. Although there was no buffet, the food reflected genuine Moroccan cuisine and was exceptional. The breakfast was good and although would start at 8am with request could start from 7am.

The rooms were wide and spacious and the decor really reminiscent of the old Riyads that one would expect.The grounds are nice and the staff are all caring and approachable.

This is an excellent hotel for anyone who wishes to get an authentic taste of Morocco in a building that makes you feel like an amir of old! Very highly regarded and recommended.

Dr Mo

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Neyland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We arrived at el miria in the dark but when the doors open we were in a beautiful court yard where the Badia introduced herself she escorted to the lounge area for morocain tea a biscuits while our paper work was sorted, our room was fantastic huge bed and ensuite was wonderful and smelled gorgeous. The spa and facilities were amazing. Lovely pool and lounge area, food was good. A truly amazing place to get away from everything and just relax because the chaos that is marrakech is only a taxi ride away ;)

• Stayed March 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

My partner and I have just returned after a wonderful stay at the EL Miria Palais. This hotel is beautifully decorated, exceptionally clean, warm helpful staff, lovely pool. We would highly recommend it in every way, our one comment would be that as non meat eaters there was no fish on the menu.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

For our first trip to Morocco and Marrakech I decided to go for the oasis rather than the medina and according to my wife I got it perfect. With such a myriad of choices this Riad rose above expectations and provided us a quality lasting impression of our 4 days here. The decor is amazing from the wooden carved roof in the entrance to the furnishings throughout the rooms and the main dining area, as well as the pool and spa lighting. We had a wonderful balcony overlooking the Riad pooland grounds and a panoramic of Marrakech and the surrounding Atlas Mtns. It is Moroccan tradition to show humble on the outside and display wealth on the inside. Do not be dismayed by your approach to the Le Miria as the area is under slow development. Also note the sign on the road is small and difficult to see as you drive by it? Badiaa is an amazing host and will help you out with anything, so ask her. They run a shuttle (15 minutes into medina) but you need to ask about it. Hope you enjoy it as much we did!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

The interior of the hotel and room are fabulous, servied daily, really clean and had a great shower with plush details. We were also lucky enough to be given a free upgrade as the hotel was quiet. The staff were smiley and generally helpful, although as we could not speak French, it was difficult to communicate and found it difficult in getting information as there wasn't any in our room regarding the shuttle bus/treatments etc. The Spa was great, and I highly recommend the Hamman, it leaves your skin feeling amazing and was really good value. The breakfast was good, generally the same every day (bread and pastries). The dinner menu was ok but limited and a little bland for our tastes consisting of tagine's and Italian food, The service was top class and we had a few nice dishes but would have loved more choice. I would recommned this hotel for a quiet break, however, if you are looking for something a little more social, closer to other restaurants/bars, I would suggest looking closer to Gueliz and coming here for a day spa as it can feel a little isolating and alcohol was on the expensive side. We stayed here in January, so it was too cold to use the pool, so visiting here in the spring/summer months would be ideal.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

As a traveller with impaired mobility I need a hotel that is easy to get around andthis one was just the job.The lobby/dining area has only a shallow step to reach the lower level which I was able toaccess without difficulty.Staff were always available to lend a helping hand if necessary.Our room was close to the dining area and the terrace was easily accessible.Visits to
Marrakesh Medina were secured using taxis organised by the hotel.The drivers were extremely helpful,on one occasion pushing me through th Medina's streets in my travel wheelchair.
This hotel met my needs perfectly and ensured a stress-free stay.
Jim & Andrea Hewett

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

From the moment we walked in the beauty of this hotel took our breath away. Attention to detail is an understatement. We booked very last minute and on arrival we where greeted by the most wonderful lady....Badia. The hostess with the mostess! This lady made sure all our needs where met and that we where looked after extremely well by the staff. The staff always had a smile and a good morning and they needed no encouragement to be happy......Fantastic! In my time on earth people are only happy at work if they enjoy their job. Speaks volumes. The cleanliness of this hotel again is superb. The food from an award winning chef excelled. Anything not on the menu and all you have to do is ask. Great service and beautiful looking dishes with a tasty treat on each course.....Heaven! Our room was big, bright, clean and airy with loads of thought put into the architecture and the furniture. Special touches added but I would rather not say to keep the surprise for you all! Now for the bathroom......something else. Massive walk in shower with 2 shower heads and a 8ft mirror, shaving points and even a selection of lovely creams and rubs. I could usually find a fault somewhere if I look hard enough but NOT THIS TIME! My partner and I even tried the spa. Starting in a massive, decorative, beautiful jacuzzi which is really well maintained and then down some lovely curved and attractively lit tunnels lies the most amazing spa I have seen. We had the most relaxing massage after what I can only describe as the best scrub down ever all carried out by 2 very skilled and professional spa staff. After coming back round from our massage we then had a pedicure and manicure. Again a new yet good experience for me yet quite amusing to be honest. I don't know how you girls do it! Haha!! The pool area is wonderful. Plenty of sunbeds which are cleaned daily. A table and canopy next to each pair. Fresh, clean towels are supplied on demand. Beautiful surrounding area which is a well maintained garden which is looked after by a Luigi look-a-like. A top man. (did you find your brush I hid?). The pool is lovely and clean and salted so no chlorine. I am a psoriasis sufferer and the water was a great touch. Badia was very tentative to the fact I had psoriasis and suggested some local treatments which all worked. I could type for hours about this wonderful Oasis in the dessert but ultimately you should all make your own minds up. Our is made up. To Badia and her staff we thankyou for the best experience ever. You shall see us again soon. x

Room Tip: No tip needed as they are all amazing.