“Haven of peace and calm” 5 of 5 stars

El Miria Palais Riad
Ouahat Sidi Brahim, Marrakech 4000, Morocco   |
Ranked #55 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Haven of peace and calm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

My partner and I have just returned after a wonderful stay at the EL Miria Palais. This hotel is beautifully decorated, exceptionally clean, warm helpful staff, lovely pool. We would highly recommend it in every way, our one comment would be that as non meat eaters there was no fish on the menu.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

For our first trip to Morocco and Marrakech I decided to go for the oasis rather than the medina and according to my wife I got it perfect. With such a myriad of choices this Riad rose above expectations and provided us a quality lasting impression of our 4 days here. The decor is amazing from the wooden carved roof in the entrance to the furnishings throughout the rooms and the main dining area, as well as the pool and spa lighting. We had a wonderful balcony overlooking the Riad pooland grounds and a panoramic of Marrakech and the surrounding Atlas Mtns. It is Moroccan tradition to show humble on the outside and display wealth on the inside. Do not be dismayed by your approach to the Le Miria as the area is under slow development. Also note the sign on the road is small and difficult to see as you drive by it? Badiaa is an amazing host and will help you out with anything, so ask her. They run a shuttle (15 minutes into medina) but you need to ask about it. Hope you enjoy it as much we did!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

The interior of the hotel and room are fabulous, servied daily, really clean and had a great shower with plush details. We were also lucky enough to be given a free upgrade as the hotel was quiet. The staff were smiley and generally helpful, although as we could not speak French, it was difficult to communicate and found it difficult in getting information as there wasn't any in our room regarding the shuttle bus/treatments etc. The Spa was great, and I highly recommend the Hamman, it leaves your skin feeling amazing and was really good value. The breakfast was good, generally the same every day (bread and pastries). The dinner menu was ok but limited and a little bland for our tastes consisting of tagine's and Italian food, The service was top class and we had a few nice dishes but would have loved more choice. I would recommned this hotel for a quiet break, however, if you are looking for something a little more social, closer to other restaurants/bars, I would suggest looking closer to Gueliz and coming here for a day spa as it can feel a little isolating and alcohol was on the expensive side. We stayed here in January, so it was too cold to use the pool, so visiting here in the spring/summer months would be ideal.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

As a traveller with impaired mobility I need a hotel that is easy to get around andthis one was just the job.The lobby/dining area has only a shallow step to reach the lower level which I was able toaccess without difficulty.Staff were always available to lend a helping hand if necessary.Our room was close to the dining area and the terrace was easily accessible.Visits to
Marrakesh Medina were secured using taxis organised by the hotel.The drivers were extremely helpful,on one occasion pushing me through th Medina's streets in my travel wheelchair.
This hotel met my needs perfectly and ensured a stress-free stay.
Jim & Andrea Hewett

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

From the moment we walked in the beauty of this hotel took our breath away. Attention to detail is an understatement. We booked very last minute and on arrival we where greeted by the most wonderful lady....Badia. The hostess with the mostess! This lady made sure all our needs where met and that we where looked after extremely well by the staff. The staff always had a smile and a good morning and they needed no encouragement to be happy......Fantastic! In my time on earth people are only happy at work if they enjoy their job. Speaks volumes. The cleanliness of this hotel again is superb. The food from an award winning chef excelled. Anything not on the menu and all you have to do is ask. Great service and beautiful looking dishes with a tasty treat on each course.....Heaven! Our room was big, bright, clean and airy with loads of thought put into the architecture and the furniture. Special touches added but I would rather not say to keep the surprise for you all! Now for the bathroom......something else. Massive walk in shower with 2 shower heads and a 8ft mirror, shaving points and even a selection of lovely creams and rubs. I could usually find a fault somewhere if I look hard enough but NOT THIS TIME! My partner and I even tried the spa. Starting in a massive, decorative, beautiful jacuzzi which is really well maintained and then down some lovely curved and attractively lit tunnels lies the most amazing spa I have seen. We had the most relaxing massage after what I can only describe as the best scrub down ever all carried out by 2 very skilled and professional spa staff. After coming back round from our massage we then had a pedicure and manicure. Again a new yet good experience for me yet quite amusing to be honest. I don't know how you girls do it! Haha!! The pool area is wonderful. Plenty of sunbeds which are cleaned daily. A table and canopy next to each pair. Fresh, clean towels are supplied on demand. Beautiful surrounding area which is a well maintained garden which is looked after by a Luigi look-a-like. A top man. (did you find your brush I hid?). The pool is lovely and clean and salted so no chlorine. I am a psoriasis sufferer and the water was a great touch. Badia was very tentative to the fact I had psoriasis and suggested some local treatments which all worked. I could type for hours about this wonderful Oasis in the dessert but ultimately you should all make your own minds up. Our is made up. To Badia and her staff we thankyou for the best experience ever. You shall see us again soon. x

Room Tip: No tip needed as they are all amazing.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

My friend and I returned from a four night stay at Palais El Miria. This is an excellent hotel. My two main concerns when booking a hotel are;
1. are the rooms clean?- after a hard day of sight-seeing all you want is to shower in a clean bathroom and sleep in a clean bed.
2. is the customer service good?- are the staff friendly and helpful?
I booked this hotel after reading previous reviews and I have to say that the hotel excelled at both requirements. The rooms are impeccably clean and luxurious (they always smelt amazing too) as is the rest of the hotel. Also if you are traveling off-season it is good to know that the air-conditioner doubles up as a heater (which we kept on during the night). The hotel itself is designed in the style of a traditional riad with a central courtyard and has a pool at the rear which is beautiful at night as it lights up. Unfortunately, it was too cold for us to swim at this time of year but it was cleaned daily nevertheless.
All staff were friendly and attentive. We were welcomed with mint tea and pastries while our bags were taken to our rooms and passports photocopied. I also celebrated my birthday while in Morocco. My friend had mentioned to the manager the previous night that it was my birthday. The manager organized a cake to be made at the hotel kitchen and it was brought out on my birthday with all the staff from the hotel singing to me. I was so touched that they had all gone to such effort to make my birthday special. Its not often you see hotel staff going the extra mile to make a customer feel welcome and at home. The cake tasted amazing too. One thing I would say is that it would be beneficial to speak French. Menu’s and instructions at the hotel are written in French and the staff feel more comfortable speaking French. We managed to get by with our “school French” but might have struggled if we didn’t know any.
So, I only have a few small points that didn’t bother us in the slightest but might bother others so you should be aware. Wi-Fi in the hotel is really only available in the dining/lounge area. We didn’t seem to get any in our room which was actually outside the main building of the hotel but still within the complex. I don't know whether the other rooms could access wi-fi. Secondly, this hotel is not in the centre of Marrakech. We loved this since it gave the hotel a peaceful and quiet atmosphere. It takes about 15 minutes and costs approximately 100 Dh to get into the centre by taxi. But I think the hotel is designed as a retreat and escape which is how we used it so these things didn’t bother us.
On our final day we visited the spa for a traditional hammam experience and massage which we loved. The spa is in the basement and is tranquil and peaceful, and also beautifully decorated. It was also reasonably priced I think.
A small point that bothered us was security. When we left the hotel for the day we would leave our keys on a tray at reception. The reception area was sometimes left unattended so someone could have potentially helped themselves to our key? Dinner/drinks, excursions, spa treatments etc are put on a tab that you pay at the end of your stay so it is good to keep a mental note of how much you are spending otherwise you might be in for a nasty surprise.

All in all it’s a great hotel and I would thoroughly recommend it!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Incredible place and people!! The staff is always smiling, everything is very clean, and the food, oh the food, its amazing!!! Surely will come back some day!!! The people who run the place are very nice, and everything guest wants is always quickly ready upon request!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to El Miria Palais Riad? Share your experiences!