“Exceptional” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #100 of 490 Hotels in Marrakech
Toronto, Ontario
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at two places when I was in Marrakech - one in the medina, and one outside, to keep it interesting and had wonderful experiences at both. Myra, the incomparable whirlwind of a manager, went above and beyond to ensure my stay (even before I arrived) was faultless.

The small hotel (30 rooms or so) was spacious and spotless, and the suite I stayed in was well-appointed and huge. There was ample room by the pool and garden to tuck yourself away if you wished. Breakfasts were lovely and varied, and the kind waiter (Sam) who after first day when I asked to to have my morning coffee by the pool, proceeded to accommodate my request for the rest of my stay, without prompting. This attention to detail is what truly makes this place special.

I booked a hammam session at their spa which was fabulous and dined at the adjoining restaurant which was not only convenient after long days out, but the food was terrific and the service (see the trend here?) was top notch.

Moroccans are known for their warmth and hospitality and the staff at Al Fassia pushed this up to the next level.

[A note to the reviewers who commented that the hotel was "too far" from the medina - do your research and take a look at Google Maps to see where it is located before you book. Honestly.]

• Stayed December 2015, traveled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality

ATHENS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We spend the days after Christmas in Morocco and 3 of our nights we stayed at the superb riad run by the incredible Mira and her stuff. Moroccan hospitality at its best. We were offered at the Dada section of the riad a set of interconnecting rooms for our three children and us. Rooms 4 and 2, spacious and cosy made our stay nice but the restaurant at the back of the riad, with the same name was excellent. Prices reasonable and quality excellent. The only disadvantage is the slow service. But in Morocco who is in a hurry??

Stayed January 2016, traveled with family
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have just returned from a four night stay at the Al Fassia over New Year, having chosen the hotel because of the good reputation of its sister restaurant in the city. The food was indeed excellent and the celebration set menu on New Year's Eve delightful - the seafood pastilla in particular will live in the memory. What surprised us was what a jewel the whole hotel is. We have never stayed in Morocco before so can't compare the levels of hospitality but it is a long time since we have felt so looked after and welcome in any hotel. The owner Myra and her staff strike just the right note of friendliness and care without being intrusive. We arrived in darkness and entered an unassuming front entrance into a beautiful courtyard. The decor throughout is stylish and tasteful and our room was extremely spacious and comfortable. The breakfasts too were sumptuous. We walked into the city centre on our first morning - takes about 30 minutes and is a pleasant route through the public gardens. Otherwise it is a 10 minute journey by taxi - the hotel staff are happy to arrange taxis and ensure they turn their meters on (a rarity in Marrakech). They also organised transfers to and from the airport. There is a large shopping complex near the hotel where it's possible to browse without being hassled as happens in the Medina. On our departure day the staff allowed us to stay an extra 3 hours before vacating our room as we had an evening flight. We would heartily recommend this hotel and would certainly stay there again. The only suggestions for improvement would be to to have tea/coffee-making facilities in the rooms and the timer switches in the stairwells a little more accessible.

Room Tip: Choose a de-luxe room
  • Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
Edmonton,Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2015 via mobile

This was my first time to Morroco.
Never stayed in a riad so didnt know what to expect.
Regarding Airport: was ok. Old and nonworking wifi.
I found that renting a car is cheaper than taking a cab.
Caution: when u rent a car dont accept the first price. I was quoted 3400 MAD GOT IT DOWN to 2400 for 8 days. CHECK CAR BEFORE U RENT IT i couldnt find any reputable companies like avis or hertz.

Positives:
1. Staff are awesome
2. Check in was a breeze. We were by met by Ahmed was a gentle guy. He was expecting us. Helped us check in.
Showed us to our room and got our luggage.
3- WIFI. THEY have several networks. In lobby has no password and is slow. The one in the rooms called DARDA is pw protected. It is very good 6 mbps
I consider this excellent for hotel
4- location: this is 4.5 km from the main square which is great. It is on a nice clean street. Parking is awesome. There is a small mall about 500 meters away. It has a bank and Carrfour supermarket and others.
Also it is somewhat easy to find.i recommend that they place better lighted signs.
5- breakfast: it is good. Has coffee tea various jams and honey. Also you get some cakes bread( toasted and yummy) and a morrocon crepe. It was tasty and my wife and kids loved it.
6- rooms were amazing. Large and well appointed. Bathroom is awesome. We had room 14 and 16. Only thing is tv is very small. Also they provide with a bottle of water free and also some morrocon pastries and cookies. That is just a nice idea and appreciated.
7- restaurant : they have a restaurant attached to hotel. It is very beautiful. The food was just great. The hostess Hind was so nice. We came in very tired and Ahmed showed me the restaurant and I preordered our food so it was ready when we go there.

Negative;
The only thing i can say bad about this hotel is the price. It was empty. There were only 2 other guests at that time and i asked how much it will be to extend our stay. I was quoted a high price. I thus declined and went somewhere else.

Thanks to the staff at al fassia. U have a beautiful place.

Stayed December 2015, traveled with family
west midlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2015 via mobile

We dined here on our last night in Marrakech. We were hoping to experience something a little special, usually expected from a restaurant of this standard. We order the famous Lamb shoulder which was lovely but we were quite surprised as the portion of couscous and vegetables that accompanied it which were very small. Service was slow and we had to constantly try and get the waitresses attention if we wanted something. The ambience of the place is lovely but we weren't really made to feel we were dining anywhere special which you would expect for the prices you pay here. To end we weren't even shown a dessert menu. Nothing special!

Stayed November 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2015

The photos do not do this place justice. It is so beautiful inside and outside. I have never seen a place so clean either. The staff are wonderful, so polite, warm and welcoming. Our room was spacious and the complimentary pastries/fruit and water on arrival much appreciated.
There is a spa and the Hamman we had was wonderful and authentic.
The food was great, what you would expect to pay.
This hotel made our trip. The resturant is gorgeous too and the food devine. Its only a short taxi into town centre and worth it to have the level of comfort we had. Free Wifi with good reception.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled with friends
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2015 via mobile

My Stay at Al Fassia was absolutely amazing.
My holiday there felt like I was at home not only with the hotel but Al Fassia Restaurant as well.
When I came back from sight-seeing or any other activity out of the hotel I was very nicely welcomed back by the staff. The Staff were all extremely helpful all through the week if anyone needed anything we would ask the staff and they would be happy to help.
The area around Al Fassia comes alive at night and is very beautiful. I don't want to leave but I will definitely come back next year because of how excellent the experience was. Thank you to all the staff at Al Fassia

Stayed August 2015, traveled with family