“Excellent value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Imperial Plaza Hotel

You added Imperial Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Imperial Plaza Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Abdelkrim Khattabi Avenue | Semlalia Street, Marrakech 40000, Morocco (Formerly Swiss International Imperial Plaza)   |
Ranked #406 of 481 Hotels in Marrakech
“Excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife and I came back a week ago and I can assure you that we had a wonderful time.
The hotel was clean, the staff were very polite, friendly and helpful throughout our stay.
The food was good and the buffet was very nice. We would like to thank The chef, Abdelkarim Soussi who took out the time to teach my wife Morrocoon cooking in a Tajine. Front office, the lady by the name of Hind, who at every point went out of her way for us. The masseuse Lubna. And the rest of the staff who made our stay a pleasure. And finally Nadia, who gave us the best tips, excursions and was helpful in every possible way.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Atlas mountains give you a delightful view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was worried with all the bad reviews, however when I got there I was surprised. All the Staff were more then happy to accommodate.
I was concerned as my son was less then a year old and my daughter was 4 years, so we thought it may not be upto standards, however we were more then happy with what was provided. Everything worked and the view was nice.
The journey to the city is a taxi drive away, however i looked forward to coming back to here after a long day out as it was very quite and away from the noise of the city. Also the staff made me and my family so welcome that we felt comfortable.
There are a few name of people who were really nice in the hotel, sadly i forget most and only remember Nordin, the manager. I would rate it more then 5 if I could purely because of the friendly staff because to me that's the most important.

Room Tip: Rooms facing out on the road are nice but can be a little noisy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Me and my husband have just got back from a week at this hotel and overall had a relaxing stay. The hotel does need some work doing to it in places, such as in the bathrooms, the shower head needed replacing as it got more water on the walls than on you, There was some dodgy wiring and loose plugs. The beds were really hard and we ended up laying on the blankets for more comfort.
The restaurant is very basic, but the food that they do is ok. I got ill whilst I was there, but the staff were so friendly and the head waiter made me some plain boiled rice without being asked, which was really thoughtful.
The hotel is pretty central for shops, everything is about a 10 minute walkaway. I would recommend going on the open top bus ride as it is only about £12 each and is valid for 24 hours. This is a great way of seeing the city and you can get off at the medina and shopping areas and get back on again when you've had enough. Be prepared for the snake charmers and guys trying to put monkeys on you for photos here though!!
Overall, it wouldn't be my first choice to come back to this hotel, but it's not a bad place. It's cheap and cheerful. Be prepared though that your holiday provider hasn't told you about the hotel taxes before hand. We were caught out with this. It was only about £20, but still, if you think everythings paid for, it may not be.
The staff are fantastic though and cannot do enough for you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 7 nights from 29/01/13-05/02/13 and found our stay at this hotel was extremely comfortable and the staff were a pleasure to meet with. Nadia in particular was extremely helpful and helped us to book an excursion; she did not disappoint, we visited the ouzoud waterfalls and it was an amazing experience. The kitchen staff at this hotel from the waiters to the head chef were absolutely incredible. The chef soon came to realise we were vegetarian and made a special effort each day to ask us what we would like for dinner. He made some delicious dishes for us. The French waiter was charming and extremely courteous and helpful...we really appreciate everyone at this hotel. The pool on the 6th floor is great with a friendly barman and workers who clean the pool are also extremely friendly and welcoming. Would definitely recommend this hotel and I would definitely stay again. Thank you

Room Tip: Room 314 has a breathtaking view of the mountains. You get plenty of sun here too!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I went to Marrakech for my birthday with my best mate and we loved the hotel! The staff were all friendly and the manager always made an effort to see that everything was in order and was genuinely interested in his clientele. The breakfasts were okay but me and my best mate didn't travel to Marrakech for the breakfasts. It was a lovely, clean and homely place to stay between seeing the beautiful sights of Marrakech and the little local, "jardin des arts" was a nice place to have a last drink before bed. The rooftop pool was perfect, had a beautiful view of every sunset. The only downside of the holiday was all the miserable British clientele that just sat around the pool moaning about everything and didn't venture out. I would definitely recommend this hotel :)

They also even gave me a lovely present of fruits and sweets for my birthday! Lovely people

Room Tip: Ask for a garden facing room. Particularly a corner room with a balcony ;)
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The pictures on the hotel website look nothing like any of the rooms we saw when we were there in December through to New Year. Photographer must be a genius. If I ever want to sell my house I hope I find him for pics. I Pool area on roof nice although let down by railings needing paint and tables and chairs around bar area in bad repair( such basic maintenance but not done).
We were so disappointed in our room on arrival that we actually tried to contact our booking agent to try and change hotels - no luck as weekend! The rooms were basic, dusty and worn. Not at all as we had been led to believe. The hotel was no where near anything of interest or any nice bars and cafes - also not what we were informed and DEFINATLY not near the centre.
Hotel reception and lobby very old, shabby and neglected. Food ok. All buffet and nothing like pictures of buffet on website.
Staff were very laid back but to be fair very sweet but on the whole I would say a British 2 star not 4.
We booked in to this hotel as a Christmas gift to each other believing we would have a tiny bit of luxury. Wish I'd opted for earrings or new boots now!

• Stayed December 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The hotel is great for the price. I booked a long weekend in Marrakesh through easyjet holidays and the price of the hotel + flights was really good.

The staff were brilliant. Housekeeping were very friendly, and Nadia the rep who helped us book some day trips was brilliant. We got picked up at the time they said and taken on some brilliant. We did a camel trip that included lunch and tea and a tour around nearby villages. The next day we did a drive to the Atlas mountains, included a stop off at a herbal garden and a moroccan house + lunch was included. We climbed to the top of the mountain with a guide, past waterfalls and stopped off for some mint tea. It was absolutely brilliant.

The hotel is a short taxi drive away from the square, it's not expensive to get there.

There is a nice rooftop with a pool- in February it was too cold for us to make use of it but it looked nice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends