“A great host” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Jardin des Reves

and 1 more site!
You added Riad Jardin des Reves to your Saves list
Riad Jardin des Reves
3.5 of 5 Guest house   |   70 Derb Sidi Lahcen ou Ali Bab Doukkala, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #375 of 1,093 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Copenhagen, Denmark
“A great host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed there for one week in August 2013. It was a very cosy little place. Very intimate. You felt at home. The owner Antonio said that this was also the purpose of the place. The purpose was to feel at home and so we did. Antonio was very nice and very helpful. The other staff was also very kind and welcoming.

Breakfast was included and it was very nice and tasteful. Furthermore Antonio helped us arrange some tours. For instance we went camel back riding which was very fun and cheap. We also had a nice trip to the Atlas mountains which he also helped us arrange.

The place was very beautiful and the staff was - as mentioned - extremely kind and helpful.
The room was also very nice with great air con, but we could have used a door to the toilet.

The only minus was that the owners wife (who was sometimes hanging around the riad) was a bit unfriendly.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Imagine you are in a desert and then you find a swimming pool...
well, we had just arrived in Marrakech and by walking on the narrow corners of the city we came to this green door and inside we found one of the most beautifull crafted riads we had ever been to. Simply perfect.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Poznan, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed there in April 2013 with our one and half year son – To start with, the place is beautiful, completely renovated - all decorated and furnished to the highest standard and very stylish, the cleanliness of the rooms was excellent and the location couldn't be better.
From beginning to end, undoubtedly one of the best accommodations I have ever stayed in. The staff have gone above and beyond to make us feel welcome and at home. Incredibly friendly owner, speaking English, French and Spanish was extremely helpful to us when we were in trouble and we had to change the glass in rented car. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to make their stay in Marrakesh unforgettable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in 2010 and loved it so much we booked to stay again this March. Sadly we were let down after being picked up at the airport and taken to a riad we had heard nothing about! Anyway, we found out the hard way so just a prior warning to anyone looking to book in at Jardin Des Reves that it is currently under a contract dispute. Hopefully soon someone will take it on, bring it back life and the beautiful standard that George used to maintain it at.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
huddersfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

finding this riad is easy,it is situated behind the mosque of Bab Doukkala and about a 15 minute walk to the medina.
we found the staff very helpful although only the night/evening manager spoke english the ladies serving breakfast were easy to communicate with even though we had a very limited amount of the french language.
the riad itself is great, both our rooms were what we expected from marrakesh,and they were very clean,including towels and bath robes.the bathrooms were modern infact i would say very new ,and ok the door/archway from the bedroom into the bathroom were only a light curtain it posed no problem for us.the roof terrace is very nice for catching a few rays.we didnt use the splash pool but im sure in the height of summer it would be a god send.
all in all we had a great visit,the only advise i would give is keep your wits about you dont flash money about and if a local offers you help they will want paying, so be firm and tell them no thanks,remember to haggle and dont pay up too easily you can get some good prices if you keep going.
we had a day in the atlas mountains which was organised by Lahsen (night manager) he drove us around stopping off at places of interest,and yes it may be a bit touristy but we had a great day,it was nice to get some clean air,the fumes from all the bikes in marrakesh can be a bit overpowering.
for our transfer back to the airport we did it with Lahsen,and cost us 15 euros,much better than the 25 euros we paid in a taxi on arrival,

Room Tip: we had 2 rooms and both were very good,
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was moved to this riad as the one I had reserved was overbooked. I was promised a room that was as good or better than what I booked. The first room was beautiful - big spacious, clean, beautiful bathroom. There was no door to the bathroom but it was big enough for privacy. I then went on an excursion and the room we got upon our room was small and pokey. There was no way to get any privacy when using the loo as the bathroom and room were so small - and there was no door again.

The women working in the riad were nice, friendly and helpful but I didn't take a liking to the man. He overcharged me for taxi rides (although I agreed to the prices). He told me that I couldn't pay by by credit card despite my agreeing to pay the surcharge of 4% to do so. He tried to overcharge me for the room (a higher rate than I had booked). When he accepted that I pay the rate I booked, he suddenly told me that there was an additional EUR 12 per night tax which wasn't there if I'd paid the higher rate and wasn't required at any of the other riads or hotels. Obviously I don't believe this tax exists but it's hard to refuse to pay a tax.

The riad was beautiful and clean and the first room was great but I wouldn't recommend it because of the smaller room and the greedy man.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband 9-12 September as a base to explore Marrakech . The riad is nicely decorated and the staff are welcoming .

We booked a transfer with the riad from the airport at a cost of 15 euros for both of us which was reasonable . If we had taken a taxi I'm sure we would have paid alot more and this would have entailed getting lost .

We got our room at a really good rate (orangerie room ) . It is compact but is fine for a city base . However , there is no door to the bathroom . It's a small room so be ready to get intimate or agree with one another to leave the room when the other needs privacy . I nor my husband propose to get that intimate to be honest and like that element of privacy . I really don't see the point in having a curtain ( see-through bit of cloth ) as a partition to the bathroom in 2012 . If its for ambiance then it adds very little and a simple sliding door would add more comfort and convenience .

Breakfast was ALOT of bread . You get an omelette on one day and after that a yogurt or a cream cheese to eat with your large amounts of bread . The option of a boiled egg  each day would have been nicer .

The riad is based in the Bab Doukalla part of town which is very busy and hectic . Great area as a base as its about 15 mins walk to Jamaa El  Fnna sq and the medina .

On the second night we told staff that our air con had stopped working . But instead of saying they will check to see what the problem was , I was oddly told "No, it's working !" . Mm ok .... ?

A word of caution : contrary to what it's website says and facilities info given on various sites such as Booking.com - it DOES NOT have a safety deposit box in the room ( our one anyway ) and DOES NOT have 24 hrs reception . So either leave your cash and passports in the room unsecured or carry them like us and dont fall short of water at 2am when the air con stops working (allegedly ) because there will be no one to get you some water from their fridge .
On the whole , stay was ok but room for improvement in small areas that would really better the stay .

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Riad Jardin des Reves? Share your experiences!