We stayed in Marrakech for 4 nights at this riad. It was located about 12 minute walk to the Jemaa El Fna inside the medina (take Rue Fatima Zohra).At first we were concerned about the location, it seemed confusing and back through some winding streets that we thought would be very dark at night, but once we got our sense of the area, it was easy and the streets are very brightly lit at night. The riad is nice and decorated well. My room was Double Oliveraie.
However, we got few issues, especially with the customer service:
1. Only one guy can speak English and he was not always at the riad. They prefer French and it is not easy since we only speak English.
2. The toilet doesn't have door, only cover by thin curtain. OK fine no door, but can somebody change the thin curtain with a 'real' curtain so that we can do our 'important' business comfortably.
3. On our fourth night at the hotel, the air-conditioner was not working. I asked what happened but nobody could explain why because they don't bother to explain us what happened and they obviously have no customer service! So, no air-conditioner for the night until next morning.
4. On our first day, I check the white bed sheet ( I always do that when stay in the hotel), I spotted stains on the bed sheet and a strand of hair. I have a feeling that they did not change the bed sheet since the previous guests stay there. The next two days, I still using the same bed sheet until I made complaint and asked them to change it!(yes you hear me right)
5. On the net they say that they accept payment using credit card but on that day the machine was not working and they ask for cash and I have no enough cash in hand. Instead of solving the credit card machine problem, they ask me to withdraw cash using my credit card which I don't want to (it was late evening and I'm checking out very early in the next morning, they were no ATM machine nearby). I tell you what, if you want to do this kind of business, don't put your credit card machine problem to your guests! It is not our problem at all. So, better have enough cash in hand. By the way, they charge extra 4% for the payment using credit card.
6. The bed-side table has a pillow on it. Yes, why on earth that a bed-side table has a pillow on it? Can somebody please take the pillow off of the bed-side table because not only it is 'weird' but the pillow itself dirty and has no purpose (please check photo appended).
7. Can somebody clean the toilet floor properly, thank you.
8. The hotel patio and terrace was dusty and was not tidy up for long. You can tell by checking the dust on the table, chair and outdoor sofa.
This riad is nice but looking at their professionalism level, I'm worried they will not be long in this business.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Riad Jardin des Reves reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.