“I am pleased to stay at this Riad” 4 of 5 stars

Riad Lakhdar
3.0 of 5 Hostel   |   28 Jbel Lakhdar R'mila, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #49 of 182 Specialty lodging in Marrakech
Kaunas, Kauno Apskritis, Lithuania
“I am pleased to stay at this Riad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here with my husband for 6 nights. The Mahjoub - owner of this nice Riad - was very helpful, hospitable and joyful. He speaks good English.
The riad was exactly what I saw on pictures - beautiful and now I can told that it was very quite at night. All the people which are working there were nice.The riad staff done their best. There is 6 rooms, every have a bathroom. There is a hammam in riad also.
We took trip from riad to Sahara desert, so the breakfast was not in time as usually( 9 in tne morning), but at 7. I was happy of it.
The riad located in a very good and guiet place in Medina.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Midhurst, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed here with my daughter and step daughter for 3 nights. It was my daughter's second stay here. The riad is a lovely piece of tranquility from the noise and busy pace of life in Marrakech. It is in a perfect position just minutes from the main square. We never had to wait more than a minute after ringing the doorbell and the hallway that meets you is magnificent.
The decor is very traditional, with lovely doors, courtyard, tiles and furniture and this is carried on into the rooms on both the ground and first floors. Our room was more than big enough for 3 single
beds and the bathroom was huge with a bath and good shower. Towels were changed while we were there too. Roof terrace was lovely and a great place to sit. The only noise we had was the birds tweeting in the morning and the early morning call to prayer.
The airport pick up was €14 for us but between 3 of us that didn't seem bad. I'm sure you could get a taxi more cheaply but make sure they put on the meter.
VERY friendly and helpful staff we couldn't have asked for better. Always offering mint tea/coffee when we came in during the day or in the evening. A fantastic breakfast which set us up for the day. All this for €20 a night! Thank you Mahjoub, Jemil and all the staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I booked here for 2 nights, stayed for a further one night and then returned for 2 nights later on during our holiday. This riad is beautiful, quiet and intimate , perfect for couples with lovely friendly staff and gorgeous traditional decor. The courtyard is tranquil and peaceful with the sound of birds tweeting. It is home-spun and relaxed and the location is key, really central but in an easy to find street, far enough to escape the main square, only a 5 min walk from Jemaa el Fnaa. Fantastic value for money, giving you the full riad experience at a very good price.The staff helped us out with our last minute plans to buy some furniture and went out their way to help arrange to send it back to the UK, they really were so kind and hospitable. We will definitely return and would highly recommend staying here, thank you so much for such a wonderful service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights with my husband in an en-suite double room on the ground floor and thought this was a really good choice overall.

For convenience, we were picked up at the airport by the very nice, english speaking owner of the riad. It should be noted that the transfer was very expensive at €15 compared to a taxi at around half that price. As the riad has road access it's very easy to get there yourself by taxi should you wish.

The riad was decorated very nicely and after the customary mint tea welcome we were shown our room which was very spacious, with a huge bathroom (with a great shower) and lovely traditional decor. The terrace had a good view and a great place to relax.

The two main positives of the property are the location, which is around 10 mins walk away from the main square and on a proper road and the staff, all of whom are very helpful.

The reasons why I gave the property a 4 rather than 5 was as follows:
- Expensive transfer price as mentioned above. The property is literally 10 mins away from the airport being on the side of the medina that the airport is located. So while it is convenient, it was not good value.
- The property had a nice looking small hammam, which was priced at €15 per person, which is very overpriced having experienced private hammams myself.
- Meals at the riad were priced at €18 per person. We didn't go for this as there are several restaurants where you can eat great food for around £10 per person. One example is Riad Jama where the tagine was just 70dh but was the best I tasted.

However overall the stay was great value priced at around £28 per night for the room. Note that I rated sleep quality as 3/5 due to sound carrying within a riad, which is no fault of the owner. This also depends on how considerate your fellow guests are - ear buds are a must.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

First appearance nice and cosey ,staff a bit pushy more intersested in you settling your bill.
Access to the riad was not easy as you have to ring a bell and wait for somebody to answer, this was supposed to be for security measure ha.First morning breakfast ok , went up to the terrace area for a sunbathe came down for lunch and found that all my cash had been taken out of my wallet .In my opinion, there was no other guests in the riad just me and my daughter and the staff . Give this place a wide birth its not rocket science what this place is about.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Naples, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I've been in Riad Lakhdar for 3 nights. It was a very nice place to stay. It is very close to the center, 5 min walk from Jemaa el Fnaa. The rooms are clean and the staff is kind and never pushing you to buy excursions and such. We booked a room and there was no problem to change it since we wanted separated beds. The breakfast is good though it doesn't change, the terrace is nice, the place is full of birds singing. The only problems were that like in any other Riad you have to spend some time to find the place and when you find it maybe you have to wait 15 min for somebody to open the door. All in all it was a good value for money accommodation though the guy at the reception asked me several times if I wanted to pay immediately (which I eventually did)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Ebeltoft
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

If you want to have a real Aladin´s Cave experience visit, go to Riad Lakhdar in Marrakech. The Riad is situated just outside the wall that surrounds the Medina, a wonderful oasis, peaceful and quiet.

From the outside you would hardly notice that there is a such a beautiful place behind the narrow front door. Inside you enter a traditional Moroccan house with rooms arranged around a square courtyard and a fountain in the middle. There are three levels, and all together six guestrooms, each room has got its own beautiful decoration, different colours and tiles. The bathrooms are all different but in the same Moroccan style - stunning. The courtyard has got oriental style dining tables and chairs. On the rooftop there is a terrace, which is perfect for breakfast, resting and just taking in the whole atmosphere.

The owner speaks fluently English (American) and his staff is kind and helpful. The breakfast which can be served on the rooftop is exceptional - pancakes, good strong coffee, bread and croissants and served with a smile. The Riad also has a Hammam, which is highly recommendable. It is different from the Turkish hammam, I would say much better. Once during your stay you should treat yourself with a dinner at the Riad, it is the best meal we had at all during our stay in Marrakech.

Stepping outside the Riad there is only 5 minutes walk to the Jna el Fan - Marrakech´s famous central square - a noise and chaotic market with everything from snakes to false teeth, do not miss it. In the Medina you feel you get lost, but strange as it may seem you always find your way back to the Riad and enjoy the cleanliness and peace and quiet as soon as your indoor. Do not hesitate, go there.

Room Tip: The first floor is more quiet.