OK, the hotel is absolute fantastic, but like in whole Morocco you need to be careful. I have read previous reviews here and I was warned about additional costs. There where list of prices of Mini bar so I can see before all prices. 4euro Cola, Fanta, Schweppes in 0,33 can, also water in 0,5 bottle. 9 euros 0,1dcl for votka, gin, wiskey, and 6euros for 0,33 can of Heineken.
I took Fanta and Schwppes on first night, and that was all I took form Mini bar in my 3 night stay. Next day they didn't put new can of Fanta and Schweppes and that was a problem because on the last day they tried to charge me like I took Fanta and Scheweppes two times. So watch on that if you don't want to have a problem. Also on final bill they wrote that I have consume a bottle of wine, and cola light in L'Oriental bar, and that I have sign the bill with my room number to charge me that. But I didn't took that, and they cannot find that bill, but I need to write all that on that bill that I didn't do that. Finally I paid only 8euros for what I took fro the mini bar.
Besides that everything was fine. Rooms are biiiiggggg, beds are great, I sleeped very well. TV has lots of programs including all JSC Sports package, there are lots of movies and music you can watch and listen on TV. In rooms there are ADSL and in the looby they have WLAN, both free of charge. Breakfast is similar every day, there are 6-7 hot, and also 6-7 cold meals, and you can eat as much as you can. I have used outdoor pool, even at the cloudy day when it was 18°C till 4 pm. After sun came up it was not a problem to be in the pool.
We have used hotel van to go in the city for 1 time (free of charge, but have a scheduled start), all other times we used taxi. There was WTCC race around the hotel in those days so every taxi driver tried to charge us 15euros for a drive to or from Djelma el Fna, as they told us that they need to go around, but that was a tipical lie so 5-6 euros (50-60 dirhams) is enough at the day, and 9-10 euros at night. Just told them that yesterday you have paid 50 dirhams and how it's possible that today is 150 (usualy they start with 150 dirhams).
I didn't have a time to use a Spa.
If you want to have relaxing and quiet vacations this is a great place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blend of an Arabo-Moorish architectural style with a generous 10 acres park and gardens makes the Kenzi Menara Palace your haven of peace and tranquility.The Kenzi Menara Palace is a luxury hotel located in a peaceful, 10-acre park in Marrakech just 10 minutes from the medina by free shuttle. The hotel offers accommodation mixing harmoniously the Moroccan style and a modern touch.Guestrooms are comfortable and have a balcony offering a staggering view facing the Atlas mountains. The international restaurant "Terrasse de l’Insensé" and the specialty restaurant "L’Insensé" serve quality cuisine and a different dining sensation and satisfy all taste. There is also a traditional Moroccan restaurant, poolside snack bar, piano bar and room service. The hotel offers various activities including tennis, volleyball, badminton and a swimming pool. The Kids Club is supervised by professionals and gives children the opportunity to discover the Moroccan culture through fun and educational activities. The Spa by Terraké invites guests to relax. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi internet access, free on-site parking and a free shuttle to the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Menara Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Menara Palace Marrakech